1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Long or short hair?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I prefer a medium length hair. Not too short, but not too long! My hair is extremely thick, so having long hair would, as you know, be a large pain in the intestines to control, so I keep at around shoulder length.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I prefer it short myself. It's cuter that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hopper

Hopper Tuber

Eggy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽56.5
    I love long hair, it gives me something to mess with when I'm bored and it's kind of become my pride since I've had it long for so long.

4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    When I want to get into sports I use my hair really short but then I never cut ti again lool

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm currently living with short hair, but I've always wanted to have long, anime-girl hair. I don't know why, but I feel like having hair that tickled my ankles and was a ridiculous colour would be so cool (even though I'm a dude), and brushing it would be therapeutic (although extremely time-consuming)

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I like my hair. Its lenth is almost till my waist. Color- coffee brown. But I want to color my hair scarlet red once!

7. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Personally I prefer short hair - I had it long-ish until third grade but I don't think that ever really worked for me, so I've kept it in a bob cut ever since. I do like the idea of having a really long, high ponytail though.

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I used to have super long hair (I used to accidentally sit on it if that gives you a idea of how long)-this wasn't my idea, my dad was just really against cutting my hair beyond my bangs-however after a bullying incident that left me TIED TO A METAL FENCE FOR 20~ MINUTES, I was given shoulder length hair. It's never grown beyond my shoulder blades/chest since, and after one day of me being left with a pair a scissors..alone.. one side is shorter than the other. They never grew back to equal length, oddly. I'd llike to try a bob, maybe just to shoulder length or a bit shorter, to fix up the length issue, but dad won't have it X'D

9. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Medium length for me. Not too short and definitely not too long lol

10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My Current Hair Is Short.But I Want To Keep It Long So That I Can Ponytail It.

11. ShinyDewott

Vanity
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽54.9
    I have medium-length hair (a bit longer than shoulder length). I don't like it too long nor do I like it too short either. It's hard to maintain long hair and I personally don't like the look of short hair on me.

12. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    I like having long hair, I like seeing short hair.

13. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I always cut it really short, but let it grow out over a period of 4-6 months because getting a haircut is expensive.

However, I've let my beard grow really long; even after trimming an inch off for the sake of maintenance, it's still longer than my hair gets before I cut it.

14. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think short hair can look amazing, but I wouldn't like it on myself personally. I've always loved long hair and it is one of the things about me that makes me feel more individual. With more hair you can be a lot more versatile with hairstyles. Some days you can wear it up in a ponytail, braid, bun, etc. You can wear it down and curl, straighten, and experiment with different partings, accessories, and even some braids to blend with it. You can even do half up, half down looks and get the best of both! A lot of people tell me it seems impractical to have long hair, and even when it was at my longest (ankle length... for a challenge xD) I still had not that many issues dealing with it. It takes years for hair to grow long and you just sort of get used to taking care of it. I love braiding my (and others) hair too! Even on bad hair days, braided hairstyles can look great. A braided bun, for example, is basically like having short hair since it doesn't touch your face or neck if you do it properly. There are endless possibilities to what you can pull off with long hair. My hair now is still pretty long even though I got it trimmed a little while ago so it reaches above my knees standing up.

15. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    My preference is short hair but at the moment it's quite long, approaching mid-back when I leave it down. It's a nuisance to manage at times and it makes lipstick impossible;; (there's no shortage of wind up in the northern isles...) I quite like being able to play with it though, there wasn't much I could do with short hair beyond tousling it.
    Kind of tempted to chop it all off regardless, haven't dyed in a while either... Hummm, choices....

16. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have really thick long hair. I usually have it cut before it gets too long, but other than that I don't have any big issues with it. And when I do, I put it up in a ponytail.

17. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Long hair for sure. I've had long hair for most of my life, but I had short hair in middle school and it was the worst experience ever. I also look terrible with short hair.

18. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I have short hair right now with a hard part.

19. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like having shoulder length hair, any shorter and it looks weird, and ling is just exhausting to take care off. Also seeing as my hair is dyed, the sheer amount of dye costs would be higher than I am willing to spend on it.

20. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I am OCD about my hair. It has to be a specific way, in a specific form all the time. I get antsy when its not perfect. So I can never have hair longer than my ear. My hair specifically is as stubborn as me sometimes and refuses to cooperate, if it were long, my challenges of keeping it the way I like would become infinitely harder. I've never actually grown it out because I've had this defined look since I had hair and I don't want to change it. With how controlling I am with my hair, I probably will never grow it out.