1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Long or short hair?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Short hair for me though my parents would say otherwise. It's just easier for me to wash and maintain if I keep my hair trimmed and short.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    aaa long hair!! i’m sure i’d look really bad with short hair ;w;
    my hair is currently layered + mid-back length, and it’s kinda thick but pretty easy to take care of :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Well both works for me. I have long hair and I love em but I may cut em half soon because hair needs care and attention and I don't give it to them. I really go out without combing XD

4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I have long hair, although I'm beginning to re-think this, because it is also thick, curly, and a nightmare to maintain properly. I grew it out as part of a teenage rebellion that was some fourteen years ago now. It isn't as long as it used to be - it used to come down to the small of my back - but its still a nuisance. xD

On other people...eh, I don't pay too much attention to other people's hair. Whatever works for them, works for them. xD

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I've had both really long hair and really short hair at different points in my life.
    At the moment I've got hair a hand's length past my shoulders but I really loved my short hair. One day I may go back but I'm too in love with braids and updos at the moment.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I have long hair and love it. I dunno, it looks good? Plus I’m used to it so it would just feel weird to make it short. I remember being little and wanting it to be touching the ground... Now I just never cut my hair. However I don’t think the care I’m taking of it is good enough so the hair ends are a bit broken...

7. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I'm really torn about this recently... I find short hair more convenient but miss the look of longer hair, especially with the range of styles that're possible. If I get back into colouring my hair then I'll probably be 100% in favour of short hair again but I don't want to kill my hair again ackk

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    My hair is growing quite long now so I am thinking about cutting it short.

9. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have hair that's terrible when it gets longer, it grows in all directions and it starts getting itchy and stuff. I hate my hair when it's long xD So usually I have like an inch of hair.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's occurred to me that, while I do have short hair, I wonder if cutting my own hair would be any easier if I chose to wear my hair longer.
    A lot of my process with my hair right now is practise, so I make a few mistakes (particularly if I'm going around my ears). It's easier to cut long hair shorter, but I also run the risk of cutting it too short. Were I to wear my hair longer, I wouldn't cut it quite as short and any mistakes I made might not be as apparent.

I'm not saying that this alone would be enough to make me switch hair lengths, but it is an interesting thought that came to mind. If I had a hairdresser cut my hair instead I wouldn't worry, but I'm a stingy beast and want to save on money as much as I can.

11. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I mostly prefer my hair shorter, but just enough length to not be too short. My current hair is about shoulder length, probably longer if you don't consider my curls I do everyday. I like to have short hair for practicability but I tend to look like I have an 11 year old's hair when I cut it sometimes >.<

12. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Long hair >>>> Short hair.

From a fashion point of view, it's so much easier to style longer hair into the styles you want than shorter hair. ._.

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I personally cannot rock short hair. It just doesn't work because truth be told, it's really hard to work with. I prefer my hair at medium to long. It allows me the length to tie my hair up and it doesn't look nasty if I just roll out of bed.

14. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    My hair is thick and unruly so I keep it short. It makes everything easier.

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I keep mine pretty short XD I tried growing it out once and once it reached past my neck I was like "Nope, nope, nope, nope", cutting it now, this is so awful to maintain T_T

16. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    My hair is somewhat short atm! To my shoulders or so. Used to have it a bit past my shoulder blades but for some reason I just wasn't happy with that length. Maybe I'll keep growing it out and try the curling iron, but usually I prefer shorter hair. More comfortable to wash and manage <3

17. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I used to have hair that reached my waistline, but it was a pain to wash and dry--especially because it's very curly and thick. My parents were starting to get a little angry with how much time I had to spend on it in order to make it look presentable, and although I loved the way long curly hair looked on youtubers, it just wasn't for me.

Last Christmas, I chopped it to my shoulders and donated the rest to charity. It was the best decision I've ever made! Now it only takes three hours to air-dry (maximum) instead of twelve. I cut it a little shorter to my jawline and added some short pieces in the front and it looks so much healthier than a couple years ago. Also, it means less weight on my head!

Sometimes I wonder if I should grow it out again, but I wouldn't be able to manage having long hair ever again. So I think I'm going to keep it short, at least for now.

18. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I’m not sure what this is supposed to be considered as, but my hair goes down a bit lower than shoulder length, but not too much. I guess it’s considered average for females.

19. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I'll say long hair just because that's what I'm used to having. I haven't had short hair (or at least shorter than shoulder-length) since I was a young kid, so I really don't remember what it was like. Though from what little I do remember, I think I hated having it that short, hah.

20. Birthday

Birthday School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,414.6
    I prefer long hair. Not only is it badass, but it shows health and that you're willing to take care of it. Long hair also shows that you don't care what other people tell you about your hair.

I'm also just lazy and don't want to cut my hair. But I'm trying to grow my hair out, because long hair is amazing.