1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Looker Theory

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by HiddenLore, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So I was doing a little research about Looker because I wanted to understand his role in OR/AS better, and... well there isn't much, but I discovered a high possibility that is sad. Looker has a croagunk which is most likely the Pokémon partner he says died in X/Y. This got me thinking about the international officer and his sad story. So here's my theory,

Starting with platinum we have a different universe (possibly not including Heart Gold and Soul Silver) In platinum the story diverges from Diamond and pearl fairly significantly, and who is there but Looker. Looker appears again in black and white, and in X/Y. Most importantly to my theory is that he appears (very minorly) in OR/AS, he wasn't in the original games obviously, and the games heavily imply tthat they are a separate universe proceeding almost like Ruby and Sapphire. We also know that OR/AS takes place before X/Y due to Mr. Bonding so maybe if and when they remake Diamond and Pearl, it will follow the platinum story more, and if they remake others, or maybe as a post game element, We'll find out how Looker lost Croagunk, and/or how he ended up with amnesia.

But that's just my theory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Did you put into account the International Police Officer on the SS Anne?
    I know it's not much but he could be Looker in disguise (as he has a tendency to do that) and he accidentally fell off the boat, which gave him some sort of traumatic amnesia, which is how he ended up in Hoenn.
    How he becomes an International Police Officer AGAIN after the events of ORAS I can't say... but it's something to look into.
    I just love Pokémon Theories, really gets your brain thinking! XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    If i remember correctly, he also showed up in Emerald. I can't remember for sure as its been well over a year, but if it does, that may contain some vital information.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    I actually don't remember that, but if we someday get a re-remake of Kanto, than maybe he will become Looker.

5. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I would like a remake of Yellow where Looker is in the Kanto region. For some reason, he just seems to fit Kanto so well for reasons I can't explain.

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    That'd actually be pretty interesting, have Looker lead you to the different Team Rocket places, and maybe even double with him and his croagunk at one point. Then have a bit of post game material on the S.S. Anne where he ends up thrown overboard by former rocket members. The only problem is I can't remember how the game chronology goes. Still it would be cool to get an electric yellow remake instead of a fire red one

7. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    I don't think one NPC proves that OR/AS takes place before X/Y, in fact, it's more like OR/AS takes place after X/Y and maybe even at the same time. At this moment there isn't any actual solid evidence to prove when OR/AS takes place next to X/Y.

Anyways regarding the Looker theory and the Croagunk itself, obviously it's only a theory if the Croagunk is the one Looker is referring to, since this is a new universe they could have simply changed his Pokémon and even his partner if they wanted to.

Anyways, that's all I can really say on this Theory, once again just want to point out, there are many conflicting elements in OR/AS that can prove the game takes place after X/Y and some elements that conflict proving the game takes place before X/Y, but once again, there is no confirmation or solid evidence on when OR/AS takes place.

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I think that Looker deserves any hardships that he gets. In fact, he deserves to be burned publicly.

Maybe his Croagunk didn't die. Maybe he fell off the boat with the Croagunk and it loved the water so much, it ditched him.

Don't pay attention to me, I'm dumb XD

9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    I'm unaware of these elements that prove it's after X/Y, and to be fair I don't spend to much of my time looking up world Lore, all this came from a single page read and the things I remember from gameplay. So if I've messed something up, then I'm sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.