1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Looking for a 1x1 Partner Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pari, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AngelGalaxy56

Rolf
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I can't wait to get started! :P

About me:
    The names AngelGalaxy and I've been rp "ing" for about 2 years now. Since I have a hobby with writing books, rp always helps me out with writing practice and inspiration. (Also to let my imagination go wild, ha ha ^^).
    I don't mind 1x1 or group rp's, the more the merrier. As I have mentioned before, I can become really imaginative. Depending on the situation on the rp, I could either write small simple paragraphs or end up writing plenty of them in full detail.

Lastly to add is that I will be online often to always keep the rps updated. If I become busy for example needing to go to college or going to be off for a few days. I'll be sure to let you know

What I expect:
    Please make sure that you have standard grammar and to make sure that you've checked your spellings or I'm going to get easily confused. But the odd one or too spelling mistakes I don't mind (I tend to get that to :P ).
    Also let me know how often your posts are so I know when to expect my response, if you end up disappearing for a few days please let me know before hand.

What I will do:
    I'm ok with most Genres since I have done most types. However, I am not too fond with Sci-Fi or anything too gory.
    I don't mind if it's romance or even just friendship.

Also I tend to create my own OC's as long as the people that I rp with are ok with that chosen character.

Lastly, I usually rp anything Pokémon themed. Sometimes Fairy Tail or even just an average rp as humans, depending on the storyline.

What I won't do:
    No Sci-Fi at all or even gore.
    Adult themed acts will not be allowed.

2. pikachu464

pikachu464 Friendship is Magic

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.4
    Right now I'm in an InuYasha mood. I know this is a Pokémon community but I'd really like to roleplay InuYasha.

About me!

Mostly I can be a bit active. Sometimes I may disappear without notice but that isn't my fault. I have IBS-C, so I get sick a lot. Plus, I'd stop posting if I get bored of the Roleplay, can't think what to post or I feel like you're not putting in very good effort into the Roleplay. I like to roleplay with pairings. I roleplay yours with you and expect you to help me with my pairing.

What I expect:
    I only roleplay with girls. Sorry guys. Whenever I roleplay with guys they always act perverted with me. So, girls only. I also want to roleplay with someone who has a Skype account so we can talk over what we're going to do and make plans. I want you to help with plot development please. I can't come up with all the ideas myself. I also need you to not rush things and pay equal attention to both my couple and your own. If you have issues with posting or are going to be away for awhile please let me know. Also, post at least one paragraph in your posts. I don't want to see short posts that are only one or two sentences long. If you're having trouble with your post please let me know and I'll see what we can do.

What I will do:
    Romance/Drama

3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Okay, me, time to get into Roleplay here!

Hello, my name is x-LadyNova-x, and I love to read and write and roleplay. I've been roleplaying for about two years now, but it's been awhile and I really want to get back into it!
    I am relatively active, but sometimes my internet will be a jerk or school will get in the way, so I'll tell you about that.
    I think I have pretty good grammar besides the occasional typo or misspelling.
    I don't have a specific number for the amount of people I'd like to roleplay with, the more the merrier!

At least standard grammar. I understand a few mistakes here and there. I know this can maybe sound hypocritical... whatever.
    I'd like you to let me know if you're going away or going to be away for awhile or whatever...
    I'm sounding weird now... I expect a person who will help me come up with ideas and stuff!

I'll do most genres, mostly Pokémon, Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
    Not counting Pokémon, I only do OCs. OC OC OC!! OCS GALORE!!
    Besides Pokémon, I don't do many other fandoms, but I might...

The one genre I will most likely not do is romance.
    If I do a group rp, there will be one rule I won't allow; "no joining after we start". That's unfair to anyone who wants to join, but were too late. Even if we are far int the story, we'll try to let them in. Everyone is welcome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  4. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    A little about myself:
    I am an experienced roleplayer with 3,5 years of experience by now.
    I could roleplay as Isabelle or another character. That's fine by me.

What I expect:

I expect literacy. I do not want any type of text speech. That means words are to be spelled as words, not letters. Full punctuation. I put effort into my posts, and I expect the same back.
    I also expect some effort. A roleplay character is more than just a name and an appearance. I most definitely do not want a Mary Sue.

What I will do:

I am very much up for para or
    multi para.
    My favourite genres are romance and adventure, but I am rather picky about my romance partners.

What I will not do:
    I will not play with someone lazy. If you do not wish to put effort into your posts, spell check them, or are even too lazy to make a decent character, then I am not the partner for you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Hey the name is Tala, and searching for some new partners

A little about myself:
    About me is that I am not a perfect english writer. I love to write (Even though i Hardly do it ever anymore) and im a addict to roleplaying. English isn't my first language but I do try my best and its usually that I have problems with sentences. Also I tend to type in some way, like Ya instead of You and other things. but I never do it in roleplays.
    For some years I rp and im on FF for 12 years now.

What I expect:
    I have a low expectation. However something I truly dislike is, that others take over my characters and bassically tells me what I should do.
    example:
    Other person: Keith has just fallen for Iris, as Iris doesn't back away she slightly smiles, seeing her smile gets returned.
    Me:; ......?

( Names are made up)
    I can handle any type of rp, and mostly rp through Skype,
    It would be great if ya lemme know if ya go offline of any sorts, or go away for a second. I try to do the same. Also finishing rps. I have done many but some have never been finished or sudden offline somehow pisses me off. if ya really an unable to rp (Can happen to me also) plz say so or only on weekends so I wont bother ya. If ya send a reply while im not answering, I do not mind its fun, I reply asap when I see it.

At least have enough details where I can work with and vica versa, of course.

What I will do:
    I do any rp genre , I am bad at anime/movie/show rpings an possible change the canon in some kind of weird ooc character
    however if the anime/movie/show etc gets its own twist on it, im fine with anything.
    example: Star wars, but SW with only our characters
    the only bad part of it, I am no good as good characters, most of my oc's are evil so plz deal with it.
    one other things, I love drama hurting my oc is something I truly love. if ya dislike any of it, plz let me know. ya oc is mostly important to me so will stand or at least try to stand it in the bigger picture.

What I will not do:
    I do not do anything goody 2 shoes rp, like previous state it, I am no good at good oc, im no goth but I tend to love the darkside better and im better at it.

so in short, wanna rp with me?plz pm me and I send ya my skype. I haven't rped through skype a long time. so feel free to come.
    also lemme know in the message who ya are,

6. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hello! My name is ShireHime.

A few things you need to know about me:
    I haven't been RPing for a long time yet, as I've only RPed for 8 months! But I'm pretty much diverse with the themes that I would like to RP with, starting from OCs, to Anime, to School, to Fantasy and gore. But my most favorite is probably fantasy, especially if the plot is something new to the table. One thing that I want to point out is that I don't use Skype or Discord to talk about RP stuff, and I'm only comfortable using the message system here in LV. I hope you understand.

I usually reply with more than 5 sentences, but if you like to RP with shorter sentences, then I'll do my best to remove the small details that are not necessary and shorten my reply instead. Also, when I couldn't think of what to reply, I probably only reply up to 3 sentences or less until a new topic pops up that'll get me pumped up again.

I am quite confident with my grammar, but I'm not the best at it. I'm also not the best at punctuation marks as I still make the common mistakes that anyone would do. However, I don't think that this would affect the RP at all.

For the spelling, the occasional typo couldn't be prevented as I'm pretty fast when typing, but I make sure that the words I use are the exact words I want to use, so sometimes I search for the correct spelling and the meaning of the word.

I also try my best to review the current events happening in the RP so that I wouldn't miss any details. I'm also okay with RPing with a lot of people, but it'll be too overwhelming for me to read all of your replies, so I might not be able to get some of the smaller details, but then again, I try my best to review all of the events that I missed.

Now if you think I'm too formal, I'm really not! I'm not that snobbish girl who always wants everything to be perfect, so feel free to ask me the correct spelling of any word if you don't know how to spell it. I'd love to help you out, and I want the both of us to learn something in the RP, so if you see any mistakes in my reply as well, feel free to point it out! Also, don't be shy to tell me if you feel uncomfortable with how long I post a reply as I'd be really fine to change the way I reply to the RP so that it wouldn't be boring.

What I expect:
    Like I said earlier, I try my best with reviewing the events that I missed, so I expect the same from my RP partners. I'm not expecting the best grammar in the world, but I'm expecting that you at least have grammar that I could understand; or in other words, standard grammar. I'm also not picky with spelling as I've gone through that stage too! I'm also expecting you to tell me if you will not be active for some time, and I'll do the same thing too if school gets in the way. I'm also expecting that we will have a healthy out of character conversation sometimes so that we could break the ice.

What I will do:
    I mostly do any genre like fantasy, school, anime, OCs, original plot, gore, romance and even just friendship. For anime, I'm mostly doing Pokémon, Love Live and Fairy Tail. I can also do Avatar as I love the series itself, and anything magic related. Something new to the table would be great too, so feel free to suggest some themes for the RP!

What I will not do:
    I have never done any Sci-Fi themed RPs, so don't expect me to RP with a Sci-Fi theme! (But Time Traveling would be okay, I guess). I will also never do anything too sexual, Human X Non-Human or anything too uncomfortable for me.

I also haven't listed out the other themes that I will do and I will not do, so please ask me your idea for the themes before we start the RP!
    If you'd like to RP with me, please send me a PM, and I'll try to reply as fast as I can!

#46 Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Hi, I'm Neil and I am looking for RP partners

About me!
    I can be fairly active a lot of the time. I do have a job, mind you, so if I'm off, it means I'm out doing other things. That said you, you can usually count on me to post at least once a day. I don't always write long posts, so if you're looking for someone 'literate', I might not be what you're looking for. I can usually avoid one-liner responses since I know how unhelpful those can be, so that's something. I also really like romances in RPs, though I do prefer when time and effort really goes into them. I feel like I have to emphasize that since I've had a lot of partners over the past who tend to rush this sort of thing.

What I expect:
    Honestly, I just expect a fun time. Since I don't always write long posts, I don't expect long posts all the time from others either. I can even tolerate the occasional one-liner.

What I will do:
    Again, I'm pretty much open to anything. Granted, I often have a lot of my own ideas too, so if you wanna know what I'm thinking of, drop me a PM, maybe suggest an idea of yours, I may suggest one or two of my own then we can both decide.

addysnow likes this.
  8. addysnow

addysnow Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.2
    Hey there!

My name is addysnow. I am also new here- in fact I joined up a few hours ago.
    I don't know if you are still around, but I am free for RPing.
    I have the experience of writing Fanfiction, around 4 years of writing. It's been around 5 years since I last written a fanfiction, but I have recently started back up with writing Fanfics.
    As for RPs, I haven't done it before, but I am happy to learn from you.
    I expect common courtesy- no cruel, ill intentioned behavior or language (unless you are portraying a horrid villain, then let me know). Just the normal etiquette you have in real life, you bring it here into the RP.

I have a few ideas for the RP-
    1) Two trainers going on a journey and investigating paranormal activities that eventually reveal a plot in real life that threatens the world. It's no longer a Team they are after- it's an individual, lone wolf puppet master.
    2) Pokémon University; two students are research assistants for a professor and they have to traverse the region to find what this person needs.
    3) Two roommates, and a Fugitive(s); Disgraced Team Bosses. Do they turn them in, or help them rehabilitate and get them back into society.

Take a pick or feel free to share your ideas.

9. TheSadUmbreon

Rose Quartz
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    I only do one or two sentences. I'm not to good at the descriptive part except for faces and actiactions what but normally people misunderstand when I try and area decription or sometimes my actions are took the wrong way but I love to imagine all types of things. So please, understand that. Please? I only do OCs

10. Dreams on a Cloud

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.3
    Hiya! I'm Dreams on a Cloud, though I'd prefer if you just called me Dreams!

A little bit about me:
    I've been RPing for a few years now, so it's not anything new to me. Though, the types of RP that I've done are.. not very expansive, in terms of the topics. I've really only done Pokémon and fantasy kingdom-like stuff. Other than that, I'm not particularly experienced with other topics.

What I am expecting:
    I'd appreciate if you were able to provide at least a few sentences per post, and post at least once a day. You can go as detailed as you'd like to - the more the merrier, but try not to go overboard with the unnecessary details.

What I'll do:
    I'd prefer to do Pokémon, as I'm most familiar with the topic, though if it sounds fun, I'd be willing to branch out to different subjects. Just know that my knowledge for them may not be the best.

What I won't do:
    Smut or whatever you want to call it not permitted. I simply don't enjoy doing those types of RPs. Fetishes should be avoided too. Other than those, the RP can consist of whatever (unless I state elsewhere within the RP).

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Hey everyone, I'm BlackKyurem27 (you can call me something a lot shorter like BK)!

About me:

I'm on LV every day (unless something comes up), so I'll definitely be able to read (and reply) to a reply fairly quickly. If something does happen, I will try to contact you (and if not, just know that I don't have my phone and that it may be a while until I reply back). It depends on how much I write (if the situation calls for a couple of paragraphs, I'll do it). I live in EST by the way :)

What I expect:

Someone who's usually on the site (about once a day). I'd love for you to tell me if anything is going on and you won't be able to reply for a while, because I'm not one to like being left in the dark. I'd like a semi/lit partner, someone who will be able to answer in a couple of paragraphs.

What I'll do:

- Adventure
    - Pokémon Trainers (OCs preferred)
    - Playing as Pokémon
    - Mystery

What I won't do:

There's not much I won't do, actually. But I won't do stuff outside of Pokémon (since I'm much more familiar with that rather than a lot of other things...)

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    About me:
    I'm really just looking for people to RP with, 1 on 1 or group. I'm online everyday although I have become a bit of a ghost on here sadly which I hope RP'ing will change since my activity usually picks up when I'm RP'ing. Fair warning tho mild swearing can occur in my posts, I know some poeple prefer avoiding that complete but that's not gonna happen with me.

What I Expect:
    People that can do more than oneliners as it gives me nothing to work. I don't expect a reply everyday as I can't do that myself.

What I will do:
    Pokémon
    Monster Hunter
    Original ideas
    And more just throw ideas around if you feel like it

What I will not do:
    Romance driven stories
    Cannon characters
    Animal only RPs

13. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    Hi, i'm kindred but you can call me skylar or luna!
    A little about myself:
    i have been roleplaying since i was about..12, and i'm 19 now so that makes it about 7 years. i mostly roleplay Pokémon, sonic oc's or canon characters, or oc's in general. i have pretty good grammar in roleplays despite i don't seem like i do right now. i usually can do about a paragraph or longer depending on what subject we're roleplaying with. i try my best to be very descriptive, being a somewhat avid writer.

What I expect:
    good, literate grammar, at least a paragraph or more. please be polite and patient with my replies, i'm not going to reply at the speed of light. communication and honesty are important to me. if you have an issue with my reply or anything, please tell me and be polite about it, i'm not good at rude criticism.

What I will do:
    romance, sensitive topics such as: self harm, suicide/suicidal tendencies in characters, sci-fi depending on the plot, adventure.

What I will not do:
    sensitive topics such as: rape, gore or adult acts.

that about covers it, if you want to get in touch with me, i'm just a PM away! i'm a polite person and will try my best to reply to your PMS with haste.

14. CinnPai

CinnPai Sailor

IT'S A CINN
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hiiiiiiiii. Because the Spoiler Tab is really confusing and difficult for me, I'll be another person to do this without those.
    ----------
    A little about myself:
    I'm an absent-minded teenager that's been actively roleplaying since the adorable self phase of Roblox at age 8. I'm a person to reply the first chance I get, and if it takes a long time... well, blame sleeping school for that one. My writing may have poor grammar at times, and my thought process during a roleplay is based off of the person who's roleplaying with me. How long I spend writing determines how much I can write in one post, and I work best in roleplays that are fun and have casual plots.

Also, feel free to call me Morgan if you don't want to use Cinn or Pai.
    ----------
    What I expect:
    My roleplay plot ideas in their beta phase are not designed for more than one person - myself. Therefore, I depend on someone to counter this flaw by providing the general plots. I'm fine with any length in posts, since I have to go through this situation as well.
    ----------
    What I will do:
    Any roleplay that isn't in what I will not do. Even if it's adult themed, I'm fine with it.
    ----------
    What I will not do:
    Religious roleplays, direct stereotypes in races, and extremely serious roleplays (I mean, i'll do serious roleplays. However, you're gonna be disappointed with how not serious I am.)

15. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    About me:
    I am pretty active here, I normally write long passages, I like to go in depth to the scene, I will say when I am unable to post on the roleplay and how long

What I Expect:
    Someone who is active, committed to RP and will write it to the end, also someone who will say if he/she can't write for any reason for how long it will take for them to be back

What I will RP:
    Nothing really specific though:

What I will not RP:
    I have nothing I won't do though horror I never did before so maybe not horror

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Hey, hey! I am looking for someone or some people to rp with!

A little about me:
    I have roleplayed for about a year now and have written fanfiction before.

What do I expect:
    I expect an active partner(s) that communicates with me about the RP and that take the time to write at least two paragraphs in response to my posts. I would like my partner to tell me when they are too busy to respond for a while.

What I will RP:
    Pokémon! Ranger, Main Games, and PMD, I am game for all. I am also up for original RP's. Other fandoms are up for discussion.

What I will not RP:
    Horror, gore, and M-rated things.

Leave me a PM, if you are interested.

17. Mr.Maverick

Mr.Maverick Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.7
    Hello all! The name's Mr.Maverick, and I'm looking to get into Rp.

About me: (I still have to figure out the ins and outs of LV, so I'm not sure if I did the spoiler button correctly. Please forgive me if I screwed it up)

I've been into Pokémon since the good old days of season 1. Grew up with it my whole life, so it has a special place in my heart. While I'm not so much into the anime anymore, PMD and original work is what I find myself drawn too nowadays. I've been interested in RP for quite a while, but never really found the place to pursue it. To say it up front, I'm pretty new, both to LV and RP. I've been in some of a friend's DnD sessions, but they were never really RP to begin with, and have deteriorated since. I think I have a handle on the basics in theory, but I'd like to put it into practice before I can be comfortable with it. I sign on daily, so I'm pretty good at responding, and am pretty literate. I like to write a paragraph or two in what little RP I've actually done. Best time for me to RP, or when to expect a response, is in the late afternoon/evening. (EST)

What I expect:

Someone who is OK with a newbie, and is willing to show me the ropes. While I don't think I'd be all that horrible at it, some experience would really make me more comfortable with pursuing it with others here. I wouldn't mind another newbie either, as we both could learn from the experience. That said, I would ideally like a paragraph min. While I would like proper grammar and spelling and all that, I won't get all bent out of shape with the occasional misspell, especially if it's for a odd word.

What I Will do:

Pokémon is probably the thing I'd be most comfortable with. I know it, I like it, and I've got a pretty good handle on it. Course, after I get some experience, I wouldn't be opposed to expanding my horizons. I prefer to role-play as non-humans, so things like PMD are A-OK with me. That said, I'm not opposed to doing trainers or humans, just wouldn't be my first choice.

What I will not do:

If your looking for someone who is super advanced or experienced, I'm probably not the one for you at the moment. Besides that, anything outside of Pokémon is tentative until I get some experience and comfort with RP. While I'm not necessarily opposed to NSFW RP, I'd like to know who I'm working with before I make that commitment. I can talk specifics if and when we reach that bridge.

Think that covers it. Any questions or concerns, feel free to PM.

-cheers!

18. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I've never done RPing before, but I feel like giving it a try.
    [/SPOILER]
    I'm a life long fan of Pokémon and as old as the series itself. My English skills are good, but not perfect and I do tend to go back and fix mistakes I've made. I usually check LV several times a day and I live in the PDT timezone.
    [/SPOILER]
    A more experienced Roleplayer who knows what they're doing and is willing to help guide a newbie.
    I would prefer a Pokémon themed or fantasy themes roleplay, but I'm willing to do other genres as well. I'm fine with either canon characters or OCs.
    Anything that would be considered higher than a PG13/T rating. I'm also not a fan of swearing. I don't swear myself and won't tolerate anything more than light swearing from a potential RP partner.

19. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    About Me:
    I'm just a user named Ena, looking for a fun and interesting Roleplay. I'm reasonably active and the length of my posts tend to mirror my Rp partner's. I tend to write in story format, and I dislike using canon characters as I'd just fail at trying to act out their personalities.

What I'd like to Rp
    Anything Pokémon Related!
    Undertale
    Fantasy Themed Roleplays
    Romance
    Digimon
    OCs
    Pretty much anything

What I don't want to Rp
    WARRIOR CATS
    Steven Universe, not that deep into the show yet
    Horror
    Gore
    Canon Characters

20. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Damn.... y'all seem pretty serious about roleplaying here. I'm more of a casual roleplayer, just message me and we can go from there. I'll probably post some better information if more people want to RP with me