1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Looking for a 1x1 Partner Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pari, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Exp. Share ★★
    I'm not new here, but I don't know how to spoiler stuff.

Hi everyone. I’m Wizarmonfan, but you can call me Wiz for short if you want.

About Me:
    I have been in the Pokémon fandom since the original RBY games. I began RPing a good decade or so ago, so I know what I’m doing and know the rules. I like to RP with someone here and am looking to hone my skills some more with someone new that has the same interests as me. :D

What I expect from my partner:
    Decent paragraphs (five to six lines), decent grammar and no text talk, please.

What I will do:
    I like to do RPs where OCs are in the training world and the roleplay follows their Pokémon journey.

However, I also like to do canon-style RPs, where Ash gets a different starter.

I am most certainly open to any other form as long as it does not include the things below.

Romance, adventure and supernatural genres.

Anything Digimon, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Pokémon (of course), OCs (as mentioned), alternate canon/canon AU, literally any fandom you can find on my Tomoe Mami profile on ffn.

What I won't do:

Pokémon X Human, Ash X OC

2. Myxthio

Myxthio Bug Catcher

Eggy boi
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.5
    H0i! This is a tem reference because I'm bored! Hehe XP Anywho I'm looking for literate partner(s) in a 1-on-1! Mainly looking to work on making some characters and practicing character types. Along with trying to revive some old ones I haven't used in a while. I'm mainly looking for Pokémon universe RPs and/or Slice-of-Life RPs. Can do school based ones or fantasy, or sci-fi/utopian.

A little about myself:
    I'm a rather fun loving guy! Not one for the dark depressing stuff and I try to keep stuff lighter and at the most just sad rather than bad and dark. I tend to enjoy writing a fair amount and like to be somewhat detailed in my responses for RPs leading to decent sized posts.

I'm an avid lover of many video games, though a few I don't care much for*Cough cough just want some series to die already cough* and I love being the Defensive characters. Whether that's tanks, trappers, CC mages, supports that are fun, etc. Though i do like a bit of DPS also.

I tend to make many MANY bad jokes or references when i find the right opportunities and I'll just be maniacally laughing at your responses even if it's just you cringing XP But yeah I tend to keep the mood up and don't let things dwell low for long.
    What I expect:
    Decent sized posts to large paragraphs in size. I am NOT one for 'I do this and say hi' as just a post. No one line wonders or anything that short. Competent english and grammar, good spelling, no debbie-downer attitudes (Unless the RP calls for it in which case it can be touching if done right), and over all someone just to have fun RP'ing with and making a few jokes with! I'm not one for RP'ing on Discord but I do have it and if you ever get on my good side enough then I'll be happy to share it with you and we can chat casually there!
    What I will do:
    - Slice of Life
    - Pokémon
    - Fairy Tail
    - League of Legends
    - Assasination Classroom
    - Fantasy
    - School based
    - Anthros/Gijinkas/whatevs
    - SFW (Even SFW-ish)
    - Yuri pairings
    - OCs (Kinda like a story with mainly OCs rather than already owned and made characters by big companies)
    You can ask to see what else I might approve/disapprove of.

What I will not do:
    - Incest
    - NSFW
    - Pedophilia
    - MLP
    - FNAF
    - Human x Non-human
    - Gore
    - Death (There is an acception)
    You can ask to see what else I might approve/disapprove of.

#62 Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hello all!

A little bit about me:
    I'm reasonably new to roleplaying, but I've been writing for a long time and they don't appear to be incredibly different. I'm quite active on LV, though if something comes up that means I'll be busy for a while, I'll be sure to shoot you a PM to warn you when I'll be unable to respond.
    I won't use Skype or other forms of social media to communicate, so if you want to contact me in any way, it's best for you to PM me.

What I expect:
    Nothing too extreme, just basic spelling, grammar and sentence structure. I also expect the other player to work to actively work to influence the story, suggesting new events, characters and situations rather than just reacting to what's going on around them.
    I value honesty, so if you're going to be away for a period of time or only available on certain days, I'd appreciate a heads-up over PM.

What I will RP:
    I'm really not all that picky. Some things I would do include:

Pokémon (main series and PMD)
    Steven Universe
    Original stories (genres include action/adventure, fantasy, etc)
    Mythology
    Schools. Primary schools, high schools, magical schools, AUs set in school
    I am perfectly fine with writing gore or other macabre things :)

What I WON'T RP:
    Human X Pokémon. Unless both of them are in human form or both in Pokémon form, but even then, there's still a bit of a line that is better off staying uncrossed
    Anything involving the Pokémon anime. Not that I dislike the show, I just don't watch it so I'm unfamiliar with the characters and won't make a very good partner
    RPs in which the main focus is a romance
    Anime, for the same reason why I won't RP the Pokémon anime
    Smut

EDIT: Got my partner!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #63 Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  4. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    So I said to myself...JUST DO IT

A bit about me:
    I'm new to RP, but I do love to write. I'm fairly active; however, due to school constraints, I am only available from about 3:15 in the afternoon, mountain time zone, to 6:15. So, about three hours. I know it's kind of short, but weekends I'm free almost all day, with the exception of an hour or two on Saturdays. I'll PM if stuff comes up.
    I barely have social media. I have Discord, if that's helpful, and I can text from my Gmail account, but PMs work best. I can download other things if they work better for you.

What I expect:
    Spelling, grammar, and basic things like that. I'm not picky.

What I will RP:
    I'll list all the animes I've finished.
    Death Note
    AOT/SNK
    Angel Beats!
    Parasyte
    Assassination Classroom
    The Future Diary
    Another
    Black Butler
    SAO
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Spirited Away

Other animes I haven't watched all the way through but can RP since I've watched enough:
    Fairy Tail
    Naruto
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Blue Exorcist
    Death Parade

Other fandoms, ask and I'll see what I can do.

I will write gore, ect. Smut...on different sites. PM me, if you want that.

What I will not RP:
    Human x Pokémon, major character death. Anything I realize I am expressively uncomfortable with, I will say.
    I haven't watched much of the Pokémon anime, so...I might not be very good.
    Edit: I have found my partner!
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #64 Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  5. CinnPai

CinnPai Sailor

IT'S A CINN
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    About me:
    I'm pretty experienced in roleplay, and I'm pretty active. But I won't make any promises that I will immediately reply. Anyway, besides Lake Valor, I also have Discord if you prefer not to use LV for a roleplay.

What I expect:
    I expect the other person/people to use at least basic grammar, moderately correct spelling, and so on. I give back only what I receive, so the moment you don't give me any of these, I don't give any back. Same goes the other way, if I end up not living up to your expectations, then feel free to get loose with the grammar/spelling.

What I will RP:
    I'll roleplay most things, really. Heck, most of my preferences aren't even mine to begin with. I'm also pretty open on the issue of if it's child-friendly or if it's unprepared lemonade/four letter word that rhymes with haircut. Sometimes I'll research something in the roleplay that I don't understand if it's a part of a series, so don't worry about me not roleplaying a series... unless I specifically decline it.

Curious to try something, but worried if no one else wants to do it? I'm here! Unless it involves the things below... well, y'know. Mostly everything else.

What I will not RP:
    If I'm not okay with something, I'd usually speak up since I'm not that great at listing things from the back of my mind. Other than that, I'm sure that I'm not okay with the Horror genre, Canon characters that I don't specifically say I like, and things involving "private waste". As of right now, none of the canon Pokémon characters are characters I like to play yet.

For your own good, don't make me RP anything that requires me to be serious unless you don't care about how serious I am.

I'm pretty lazy, so if this isn't good, then you know why.

6. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    I'm not exactly active all that much, maybe a few times a week. An RP with me is usually just something casual we can do together. Expect me to pop up more often if someone actually agrees with my terms.
    Low expectations. If you can write properly, I don't care if you write a single sentence or a short book. Just don't expect short books in return. I can write good, but not that good. I'll try and match you if I can.
    Just about anything Pokémon, and most things not Pokémon. However, things I'm more likely to enjoy are Mystery Dungeon stories or just controlling the Pokémon themselves in general.
    Nothing NSFW, no Fakemons and nothing with canon characters. I don't necessarily like romance, but I will do it with reluctance if you desire. If I forgot something, I'll probably edit this or tell you if it bothers me up front. Also if it's a franchise I know nothing about, don't expect me to binge it so I do.

7. TheSadUmbreon

Rose Quartz
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    I'm looking for a partner to rp with

almost constantly on from at least around 4 pm - 9 pm my time on week days and can handle a little bit of craziness not as much as some people can be

you being a little crazy and almost anything that's not just syfi or any horror

rping stuff like a morden fantasy collage, superheroes in high school, most Pokémon stuff, a rp with futuristic fantasy medieval setting, and stuff like it

I don't like using canon charaters

8. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hi, am barandofl. I'm a little interested in RPing.

I am fairly new to this whole RP thing, so I'm very inexperienced. I usually get online everyday, so I guess I'm fairly active.
    Somebody thats open minded to the fact that I'm very inexpeirenced, so if I ever make a mistake, point it out and correct me. I also expect somebody that is at least online once a day. And if by chance, something happened and you wont be able to continue, please warn me about it.
    I like to do PMD (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon), and almost anything fantasy related. I've never really done anything that has to do with me being a Pokémon trainer, but I dont mind trying.
    If you want anything else, feel free to PM me so we can discuss it.
    Anything that's smut, lemon, or anything that's (18 +). Also i wont be doing any fandoms that im unaware of.

If you're ever interested, PM me so that we can talk.

9. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    IMPORTANT: I have found a RP partner! I'm sorry if this lets anyone down, but I simply don't have time for another RP. When my next RP finishes I will return.

Hello! I'm Deedee, and I've never RP'd before but I want to try!

A little about me: I've been a fan of Pokémon for 10 years! My favourite main series game is Alpha Sapphire and I'm a huge fan of the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon subseries. I'm going to try and log on every day but I make no promises. I enjoy writing a lot and have too many ideas to count.

What I expect: Someone who doesn't mind a mistake or two along the way as I learn how RPing works and can keep up some semblance of grammar and spelling. I don't mind mistakes but if you do it on purpose I'm probably not going to be amused. I'd prefer someone who logs in on a regular basis. Final key point is communication! If you feel uncomfortable with something about an RP we do together, I want to know about it rather than have you clam up or walk away from it when it can be fixed. Basically, exactly what I'd expect from myself.

What I'll do: PMD, Pokémon Ranger, or Pokémon Trainer RP's are what I'm hoping to start with, especially PMD. Anything which is within the Pokémon bubble is fine by me. I also don't mind elements from fandoms such as Harry Potter, but I'd prefer to stick to Pokémon.

What I won't do: I absolutely will not do any RP which involves pedophilia, extreme gore (just don't describe stuff in detail and you should be fine), detailed sexual scenarios, bigotry/intolerance from protagonists, or use of a character which does not belong to you/which you do not have permission to use (I don't mind canon characters though). I'd rather not RP a world where Pokémon behave like animals (eating each other, killing each other, etc - things sentient species generally don't do solely for survival. And yes, I know some canon Pokédex descriptions and games have this happen, I'm politely ignoring it).

Sidenote - my main computer is currently very broken which means I won't be able to use Discord until a much later date. My apologies.

I think that's about it! Please PM me if you'd like to try an RP with me.

EDIT: Looks like I've found a partner! TY

#69 Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Hi, I'm Star / Starli / w/e and I'm looking for.... uh. writing partners in general, haha!

More about me:
    • I've RP'd a lot on tumblr and a bit less on forums.
    • I write fics!
    • My writing style sits comfortably around the multi-para style, but I'm flexible.

What I expect:
    • Relatively decent grammar, decipherable English...
    • Just overall readable, I guess?
    • I'm not picky on length but I'd like to have enough material to actually respond to.
    • At least moderate activity would be appreciated, preferably at a minimum of a couple replies a week.

What I will do:
    • Fandoms: Pokémon, Boku no Hero Academia, Detective Conan & Magic Kaito, Fullmetal Alchemist... Ask me about other fandoms, I've got a lot.
    • All kinds of AUs derived from the above fandoms!

What I will not do:
    • Things that go against forum guidelines.
    • Script or text speak.
    • Uhh... well, I'm not sure of anything else. Just ask and I'll let you know!

11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Heyo! I'm just a random squid here. Haven't roleplayed on Lv before, but I RP a lot amongst friends. And I'm famous for OC ships. .v. (dont worry if you dont want that its ok) also i talk a looooot

For one, basically all my Pokémon OC's so far have fan-made Pokémon of mine. So yeah. I need you to be ok with that. You could even use your own fan-made Pokémon, I dont care. I also want you to be fairly active, so yeah. At least one reply every one or two days.

Uhh...just about anything PG13 tbh i aint picky .v.
    Anything not PG13.

#71 Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm gonna step into the RP scene. Here's my profile!

I'm Vig, I moderate part of the forums. I'm pretty active around the site and I enjoy chatting with people! I'm decently well grammar wise and punctuation wise so I would like my partner to be the same. I'll give you a decent couple of paragraphs every two - three days.

Yeah since I am a new RP'er I don't expect a lot. I don't want a hardass know it all but I am always game for some advice privately. I want to make this a goofy Pokémon RP with OCs and whatever shit so I wouldn't care to much on specifics and details so I would want someone to be fine with that.

Goofy Pokémon stuff that doesn't focus a lot on details of regions.
    Same as above but with Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    Also The Flash or The Arrow RPs would be dope.

pretty much anything else

@Squidy822 if you're down for a light Pokémon RP with OCs and stuff I'm game.

13. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    @Vigilance err, I might slip into a bit of info blabber about Inkk, (and overall blabber tbh i talk a loooot) but if you can bear that then sure!

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Hi! I'm Brig, you can call me about anything you want (that relates to my username). I'm an experienced RPer, as I've been RPing for two years now. I'd categorize myself as semi-lit. I can reply to roleplays about 2-3 times a week (sometimes more, depending on the circumstances) and general discussion pretty much anytime. I live in EST and I do have school to attend, though.

I'd like a semi-lit partner that can reply about as often as I can. I'd prefer someone with a good grasp of grammar and vocab. Besides that, though, I'm not very picky!

Basically anything besides what I won't do. Here's a small list though for those of you who want specifics:

~ Pokémon (of course)
    ~ Fantasy
    ~ Sci-Fi

~ Pokémon involving canon characters, I don't know them well enough
    ~ Plots revolving around romance
    ~ Anything not PG-13
    ~ Most anime, as I haven't watched it (sorry everyone!)

15. JellyBunnyBeans!

JellyBunnyBeans! PKMN Breeder

Cuti
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.3
    About me:
    I'm Bunny Hop!, an avid roleplayer of the fantasy/Overwatch/Soulsborne/Pokémon and Adventure genres. I'm really keen on getting replies out on a regular basis and I'm fairly great with my grammar and I'd like a partner who can do the same

What I Expect:
    A partner who'll respect my does and don'ts and communicates their boundaries with me. I'd also like a partner who can do one to two paragraphs per a reply. I'm not to up on reply speed as I will be working irregular shifts.

What I will do:
    - Pokémon
    - Overwatch
    - Dark Souls and Bloodborne
    - OC based Fantasy
    - OC Based Adventure
    - Idol Roleplays (BIG BIG YES at the moment)
    - Modern

What I won't do:
    - Pokémon involving Ash and friends
    - Romance right off the bat
    -Sci-fi
    - Futuristic bar Overwatch
    - Nation building
    - Quest
    - Dice

16. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I'm down for this. I apologize ahead of time - I get busy pretty often. I try to come here every few days, at least once a week, but if you're cool with a relatively slow paced RP with a lot of content, I'm your girl!

About me: I like to write a lot but with work and family duties I don't have much time to RP these days. I'm a passionate gamer, music lover, and adventurer.

What I expect: An understanding of my limited online presence but willingness to play anyway.

What I will do: Almost anything - I'm pretty open minded! If you have a story in mind, or a genre you'd like to explore, I'm happy to do that!

What I won't do: Romantic/sexual. I'm married and not into that kind of stuff anyway. I'll do any story where we're platonic friends or even enemies.

17. JustTopaz

Evie
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    Hey, I'm JustTopaz!
    A little about myself:
    1. Australian
    2. Experienced RPer
    3. lover of many things
    4. also cats

1. Literate responses at an average length of 3 lines.
    2. Not doing all the work. I like to think of rp and a sort of co-written story, created bit by bit. There will be times where we sit down and brainstorm what will happen next.
    3. Fun!

I'll do basically anything you can think off. I prefer not to do sci-fi but I'll give it a try.

*action* RPs.

18. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Guess I might as well do this, as I've been wanting to get into RP here ;v; Please bear with me as I figure out the ropes!

I'm Lee, and I've been rping for about... 6 years now? I've rped on DeviantArt and Tumblr (I actually have a couple of RP accounts on dA right now). During breaks and weekends, I'm usually available all day, and during weekdays I'm available mostly in the evening. Otherwise, I have a pretty active online presence. I'm into a bunch of fandoms with a whooole lot of OC's, so what I can RP is pretty flexible! I do write a lot, sometimes multiple paragraphs.

Not much, honestly. Just the basics, proper grammar and punctuation, no text talk, and more than just one line responses. That's about it!

Pretty much anything. My main fandoms are
    - Pokémon
    - Overwatch
    - Bleach
    - My Hero Academia

So you can expect me to RP in those areas mostly.

Since I love OC's so much, I have little to no experience in RPing canon characters. I also don't think I'll be RPing any character that's actually a Pokémon, so, humans only please. Sorry!

19. Musical

Musical Youngster

Emily
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽19.4
    So I do roleplays so why not one here

What do i expect?
    I don't expect much. I just roleplay like scripts

What do i roleplay?
    Anything! except nsfw

20. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    Yo im T.C.K (just a dood) i love to RP, write, create whatever. i also like meeting and talking to other people who do. give me a moment while i figure out these spoilers.

Well nothing to fancy in what i expect. i expect the regular rules to be followed. ya know no god moding no perfectly ultimate beings ect. i also expect a little effort. i understand if alot of writing is difficult and i most certainly do not expect a gigantic wall of text. but RPing is making a story so the more you put in the better.

i prefer a modern fantasy kind of setting a world like if LOTR evolved into the 21st century if you know what i mean. but ill do other RPs. ill do fanon RPS like Pokémon or other animes. im not to picky as long as theres a bit of everything form action t comedy romance if you dont mind that.

I try to stay away from extremely disturbing and gorey stuff, i WILL do NSFW but only in PM or elsewhere. otherwise im not to picky.