1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Looking for a 1x1 Partner Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pari, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Azunyan

Azunyan Youngster

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽147.2
    About Me!
    Hi! I'm a new member but I hope to be pretty active.
    I'm on the Discord, most of the time. So, if you want to hit me up on there -- that is fine too. I would try my hardest to get posts up as fast as possible for you at a decent enough quality.

I try to be semi-lit/adv to fully lit/adv, as best I can be. But if you have any problems with the way I write, I'd be 100% fine with you telling me that in some kind of private way.
    I try my best to match what I am given to the very least but otherwise, I'll just write until I feel a post is good.

What I expect.
    Someone who is active-ish. (Not accounting for things in real life that take away your attention, no one can help those things.)
    I also love people who come up with really inventive ideas for their writing. Anything, I would never think up myself and would inspire me in the future.
    No one-word posts, text speak and no god modding.

What I like to RP
    Pokémon! (Duh)
    Slice of Life posts and light Romance.
    Fantasy Theme.
    Pretty much, anything fun that stretches my writing muscles!

What I don't like to RP.
    No smut, no lemons. A definite no to all that stuff.
    Otherwise, I'm pretty open for anything. Just talk to me!

Hope to write with you soon!!

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Hola, amigos. So, might as well ake myself available since... well, reasons

A little about myself:
    So, for those of you who don't know or don't care about me in general, I'm Arod. I'm a mexican-murican nerd who is a large, stocky, hairy oaf. I like to draw and write and am currently in 3 RP's and have 11ish stories on FF.net. I try to be friendly but I'm not so much when people become real pains in my side. I also may have a slight obsession with cowboy hats and Feraligatr XD

My expectations:
    I'll be frank and say I'm not picky. I honeslty am fine with whatever length you are posting. I'm extremely patient with the times you post. I'm not picky if you have gramatical errors or other things similar to it cause we're all just trying to have fun here!

What I will and will not od
    Honestly, I really don't know. Obviously I will not do things that have sexual content and stuff like that. Though I'm fine with blood and death for more serious and gritty RP's. I'm kinda cool with anything but if you're not sure then just ask me. Trust me, it's not like I'll be a major loss if I say no or not. I'm 100% sure that there's people that are WAY better at this than me. Because I am new to this and just started RPing this recently. I'm also in 3 Rp's at the moment which are "Mystery of the Bells" The Pirate one for summer scramble, and a new Fakemon Region one.

I'm normally not available seven-thirty A.M. to three thrity P.M. on weekdays cause IRL stuff but I'm completely free on weekends unless I say otherwise

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #102 Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. Mackinz

Mackinz School Kid

Reginald
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽183.1
    My name is Mackinz, and I am rather new here. I'm looking for an RP to join, but I would rather not be in charge of GMing one. As such, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

A little about myself:
    Although I am new here, I joined the forum with pre-existing roleplay experience over several forums. I focus on fandom RPs, primarily Pokémon and Digimon. I can be verbose, and I am as available as needed, aside from when I am asleep or driving.

What I expect:
    I expect someone who is okay with creating the world in which the roleplay takes place, makes understandable posts, and is not afraid of being asked questions regarding the setting.

What I will do:
    * Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-style RPs where there are no directly human characters.
    * Something relatively upbeat, or fun.
    * I don't really have many other stipulations.

What I will not do:
    * No explicit adult or horror content. Rated T, not Rated R.
    * No romance. I'm not here to pretend to fall in love. Nothing against using romance as an NPC or story element, however.

PoserPanda and Vaquero like this.
  4. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    “I’m not here to pretend to fall in love.” Now that is a quote!

ChocoChicken and PoserPanda like this.
  5. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Hey, I'm Wraithcaller and I'm looking for a partner!

About Me:
    I write and roleplay as a personal hobby and addiction, and boy do I have the itch. My writing style is more formal than my usual chatting/'definitely not writing' style. I tend to write as much as inspiration allows--sometimes it's short posts, and sometimes it's long. I write at least one paragraph per post. I favor 'show, don't tell' as a rule and tend to avoid using feelings to describe feelings; e.g., "He threw his arms up in disgust," or "He shouted with anger." I might slip up with this, though, so feel free to point it out--as well as any other errors--to me and I'll correct it. Overall, I try to keep myself to a high standard, but I don't expect others to follow the same rules. I understand that writing is fluid and there are more styles than just my own.

What I Expect:
    I don't want to impose too much on people. Just stay active and engaged, and keep things engaging! I would prefer a semi-literate or literate partner. I love worldbuilding, character driven narrative, and emphasis on motivation and development. I would love a partner who also enjoys these things, but it's not necessary. Above all, just keep writing.

What I Will Write:
    -Horror. The darker the night, the brighter the day, I say! Along this line, I am very open to blood, gore, and scenes of death--within reason. While I enjoy extreme horror, I wouldn't want to write anything that might be too graphic for younger forum goers. Speaking of graphic...

-Romance/Smut. I am a shipping fiend and I am more than open to our characters hooking up if they have chemistry. However, I want to keep anything physical to a PG-13 minimum. If you want R-rated stuff, we should do that privately. I will happily write romance/smut of any couple regardless of orientation.

-Villains. Need an evil player? Say no more! I adore villains, and I believe they are the most important part of any story.

-Fantasy. Especially Dark Fantasy. Any dark setting will have me interested, if you haven't guessed that already.

What I Won't Write:
    -Sci-fi. I could never really get into spaceships and lightsabers, and I'd prefer not to force it.

-Politics. Please don't make a soapbox out of the story.

6. Dash_attack

Dash_attack Bug Catcher

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽24.4
    Potion ★
    Who would like to rp?

7. ToryBulbasaur

Milli
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽200.4
    About me:
    What I'm looking for:
    What I will RP
    What I will not RP

#107 Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  8. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What you can expect from me.
    `Proper spelling.
    `Punctual posting.
    `No use of shortened words, phrases, or memes.
    `Possibly donating PokePoints to long-term roleplay partners or groups.
    `Possibly drawing or animating scenes from our sessions.
    What I expect.
    `Proper spelling.
    `Punctual posting.
    `No use of shortened words, phrases, or memes.​

The genres I like to Role play.

Adventure, Choose-your-own, Mystery, Pokémon, LoZ, Mario, Furry.

The genres I don't like to Role play.
    Romance, horror, violence, thriller, drama/sad.
    [If anything is unclear, or you have a suggestion / question - I'm open to private messages.]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Darkmaster006 likes this.
  9. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Hello, I'm Jay, and I'm looking for partners!

A little about myself:

I may not be super active due to college and stuff, but RP is my passion and I'll for sure be trying to get posts up as soon as I can, more so if our story ends up being really entertaining and interesting. I love discussing plots, so I don't really have anything set in stone.

What I expect:

- One post a week is fine. The more frequent, the better, for both of us. But having a slow pace when needed is fine with me.
    - Semi-lit. As for length, around 2 paragraphs or more is what I look for in a partner. I'll try to match yours and I expect the same.

What I'm looking for:

- Basically a FxF (romantic subplot, not necessarily main plot, just a slow build from friendship to love, though we can discuss that in PM) Pokémon adventure with our two OCs. I'm open to discuss plots and stuff. We can add whatever twists we want.
    - Urban fantasy. Fantasy. Modern. I may be open to these, but I have nothing in mind. They can be really interesting, though.

Well, that's about it so that it's kept shortish! Please PM me if you're interested! <3

10. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    My name is LadySmugleaf, however I prefer if you indulge in my nickname, Smug. But I'm not fussy.

I love to write and roleplay. I was heavily involved in a few roleplays a few years ago (I miss y'all ShinyGiratina and Derahex) and I would like to get into it again. I have a passion for epic stories and grand adventures with well written, complicated, and quirky characters

No OP'd characters, no spoiling the story for the sake of your ego, willingness to dedicate some of your time to writing. I understand life gets to all of us, so please communicate if you are unable to continue with the RP. Coherent sentences are a must.

Fantasy, high fantasy. I love it so much.
    Different fandoms: LoZ, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, FMA:B among others
    Complicated characters, villains or heroes- I live for characters that can be either.
    Romance, as long as it's not the main focus.

hard core horror, Smut for the sake of smut, excessive gore.

I'm open to a lot, so shoot me a PM if you are interested~.

Rezna and Darkmaster006 like this.
  11. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hello, name's Majora's Incarnate (or Trap Nation if you know me by that), and if you'd like just refer to me as Majora. I'm looking for a adv/lit RP partner!

A little about myself:
    I don't usually get on during the weekends but I will try. If I don't post for an entire week and I don't tell you that I'm not going to be here or something, send me a PM because I'm a bit forgetful so I may not remember about it lol. Thanks.
    What I expect:
    Nothing much, just as long as you let me know if you can't post. If you can, please do so lol
    What I will do:
    Pretty much anything, if something I'm interested in doing, I would say like maybe a new region but we don't have to design new Pokémon or anything, it can be like the Orre region I guess. Human characters are preferred but I'll be fine with anything.
    What I will not do:
    furries
    anything remotely... let's say inappropriate.
    disappoint (hopefully)

stay frosty

12. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Greetings. Name is Infernostar, looking for anyone to RP with.

Info About Me:
    I am around pretty much all the time, unless stated otherwise. I use Discord as well.
    What I expect:
    Not much, just someone that enjoys the RP.
    What I will do:
    Anything within reason. Even some mature stuff, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.
    What I won't do:
    Anything without reason. Insanity or anything that goes dark is an instant No.

13. LuluRina

LuluRina Swimmer

(Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽294.5
    ...sure, why not?

I'll probably be on every single day, and If I'm going away somewhere, I'll mention it.
    I also write at least two sentences, however I do modify my length to match other's

Someone who is on at least once a week
    No one liners in every post.
    Good enough grammar so I can understand you
    ...and thats it

Mystery, Horror, Fantasy, Adventure, Family(a tiny bit of romance mixed in is fine)
    Pokémon(Mystery dungeon style and journey style), Warrior Cats, Undertale, Deltarune, Fairy Tail, My Little Pony, basically any series if you explain it well enough

NSFW stuff, things closely related to historical events, Romance being the main aspect

14. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I've been wanting to do this for a while, warning I've roleplayed once before so I'm still kinda new to the whole thing.

About me:
    I'm on almost every single day, a little too much honestly ( I have no life)
    I'm a bit on the showy side so you may notice rambling in my RP if that gets annoying let me know and I'll try to dial it back. =)

What I expect:
    I don't mind bad grammar to a certain degree, I can understand almost anyone so as long as it doesn't effect the story we're playing out I'm happy.
    I don't mind how often your on, just warn me if you won't be on for a while kay? =)

What I will do:
    I'm okay with almost anything, I might be a little iffy about fandoms I don't know very much about. I don't mind things going to dark places either but only to a certain degree (more info in the next part)
    I love Undertale, Deltarune, Pokémon, Yugioh, Most magical girl shows. Fantasy things tend to be my thing as well though I don't much mind paranormal too I'll be honest I'm a little bit of a power rangers geek too.

What I won't do:
    As I mentioned I don't mind about dark stuff but it shouldn't go too far. Is but in general if I'm comfortable drawing or writing it then it's fine.
    I won't, I repeat I will not do anything more on the mature side, that said Romance is perfectly fine.

And that's about it.

15. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    About Me:

I'm an avid writer that loves RPing, and have a lot of ideas, but would be open to seeing others' ideas too.

What I expect:

At least a sentence or two, but it doesn't have to be a novel unless you just want to. If you can't post, want to end it early, or do something else, please let me know as soon as you can

What I will do:

--Adventure
    --Fantasy (especially Zelda-esque epic quests)
    --Slice of Life
    --Performing (school plays, pro actors/stage performers, musicians, idols, etc.)
    --Gaming (characters playing board games; tabletop RPGs, etc.)
    --Magical girls and magical boys/super sentai (Preferably traditional "light" magical girls vs. the dark Madoka style magical girls)
    --Martial arts/kung fu

What I won't do:

--nothing overly explicit, weird or gory
    --melodrama
    --overly dark stories
    --romance
    --urban fantasy

If you have an idea, let me know and we can discuss it and iron out the fine points. I'd prefer to RP Pokémon, but am open to other fandoms (provided I am familiar with the fandom you suggest) or original worlds

16. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    You can hit me up if you need somebody to RP with. I’m down for anything Pokémon related like mystery dungeon, normal overworld, ect.

WavePearl likes this.
  17. Nova

Nova Hiker

Rose
    (Skitty)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    hi i'm nova! i'm looking for an rp partner or two, preferably adv/lit! (i type with proper capitalization in my roleplay responses, i just prefer typing with lowercase informally)

if you want some examples of my writing i'd be willing to give some to you!

About me:
    I'm Nova, but you may also call me Isaac! I'm 20 years old and I enjoy writing/roleplaying in my spare time! Currently I make freelance digital art my job. I love making and writing characters, especially Pokémon ones! Please use he/him pronouns for me thanks!

What I Expect:
    A partner who is at least somewhat active and will reply to me! Replies are preferably at least a paragraph in length, maybe more. Please be respectful of both me and my characters. I expect good communication as well!

What I Will Do:
    - PMD Styled RP
    - Pokémon trainers and their Pokémon
    - Just about anything really, but Pokémon rp is preferred

What I won't do:
    - Homestuck
    - NSFW but that's against the rules anyway

WavePearl likes this.
  18. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @Nova

Are you okay with the existing Pokémon cast as characters, or must it be OCs? Or can it be a blend of the two?

19. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    @Nova

I see you've mentioned one or two, so if you're ever planning on making a group RP, I'd be willing to join (It really depends if it's a plot I can follow, since my knowledge on some topics are minor at best).

I'm also down for some 1x1, if you'd wish.

20. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Well, I figure this is as good of a time as any to try to set up my own little thing here.

Despite the fact that I consider myself a fairly well-read individual, I actually have a notorious track record for throwing myself into various projects such as fanfics or RPs, and never following through on them. However, I'm hoping to change that.

Whenever I RP, I tend to write out at least two whole paragraphs of material, as I like to attempt to capture the emotions behind an action and visualize them through my words, rather than just simply dictating actions that happen and leave it at that. Suffice it to say, I can be fairly descriptive with my worldbuilding and character development, and if you like someone who likes using a lot of words, than I may just fit the bill for you.

I run on MDT, so if you want to RP with me, keep those hours in mind. Though, due to personal circumstances that leave me at home most of the time, these hours can be erratic. Just...don't be surprised to find me replying at 3 A.M.

The thing I most ask of you is patience. I am not very confident in my own ability to carry through on long term commitments, such as a 1x1 RP, but I'd like to ask that you allow me the chance to compose myself and write responses to the best of my ability, even if it takes slightly longer than what you may be used to.

Also, the better you are with writing in general, the better I'll be able to interact with you. I can simply take your simple responses and spin some descriptive scenarios from them, but I would prefer if we shared the workload of writing the RP instead of me being forced to set the whole world for the two of us. Also, I would prefer if you had a very good sense of grammar as well, as I do get easily disturbed by incorrect writing.

Since we are on a Pokémon specific forum, I hope you don't mind that I would want to participate in a Pokémon RP. I would love to do a Mystery Dungeon RP, or any other kind of fantasy-adventure RP featuring Pokémon as the stars. (I just like the PMD style.) However, I am not opposed to most other genres, nor am I against RPing as a human. This is just the style of story I would absolutely enjoy the most.

I can promise you that anything NSFW is no good for me. I'm not comfortable with any romantic relationships breaching PG-13 levels, and while I will overall object any odd fetishes, if you can twist something in that range to a fairly good plot device, I may allow it. Though you would have to make a really good case for it.