1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Loser attempts to DM (Attempt at a campaign)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barandofl, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Hello, and welcome. I will attempt (I’m saying “Attempt”, Cause I've never been a DM before, so this is all new to me) to host a D&D Campaign for the users of LV!. The specific date and time will be figured out once we have all the players decided, but know that my time zone is Atlantic Standard Time.

We will be playing on Roll20 (player accounts are free, so you don't need to worry about paying for anything.). We will be in discord voice chat so have a mic available as well as a PC of some kind (mostly because Roll 20 doesn't work very well on mobile devices)! This is going to be my first time being a dungeon master so if you're joining expecting an expert, I've got some bad news for you. I will be looking for players that are there to have a good time. Experience with D&D does not matter to me very much, but if you don't know, I recommend looking up some basic information, or I can attempt to explain things as I go.

As of right now, I'm looking for 3-6 willing victims I mean participants, in order to tell the “Tale of Kings”. @LassusVulpes has already reserved a spot (Against my better judgment, but I can use some of that chaotic energy of his to spice things up), so he better not ditch on me last minute.

If you wish to join just reply with the following:

Time Zones:
    (I'm aware that time zones themselves aren't the problem, but the availability of the player, but it would be nice to know what I'm dealing with. When posting this, make sure you write your current time, so that I can see and compare the difference.)

Experience with D&D : (As I said before, I personally don't mind whether or not you're experienced, but I'd like to know. Don't be afraid to say you have none, cause I can attempt to explain the absolute basics.)

Day Restrictions: (This one is probably the most important one. For example, some people work all weekdays and are only free on weekends. Personally, my schedule is random, so sometimes I'm free on weekdays, and sometimes I work on weekends. Or school, some of you users are students, and can't stay up too late. If you have any restrictions please tell me so right here, so that we can find ways to turn it around.)

Once everyone is counted for, we can schedule a date for session 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Jupjami and Jeydis like this.
  2. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I am Unavailable December 4th, due to sisters birthday, other than that you know my times Baran,

and as for experience, heh. i've played once, but i got a brother who knows how to make character sheets, and i got the internet and youtube, so i should be fineee

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    For a minute, I thought you were talking about Direct Messages.

Anyway, sounds fun. I have a little idea about what Dungeons and dragons is, tho I've never played it.
    My time zone is India standard time (IST) and it's 1:57 p.m. right now.
    I prefer weekends cause I have to wake up early 6 o'clock for college on weekdays. And considering most of you all are from time zones that are a little/lot behind than mine, i really prefer weekends.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Sure, I've been wanting to finally give D&D a shot, though I haven't really had any opportunities so far.

Time Zone: PST (Current Time: 8:56)

Experience: I think I know most of the basics but have never actually played.

Day Restrictions: I'm not really available on Sundays, but other than that I should be free unless my schedule changes soon.

5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Welp, it's been a while, and it seems like others aren't as interested. I waited a long time in order to see if anyone else wanted to join, since I didn't want to start it so soon and have others miss out on it. I think now it's been enough time to start talking about playtime schedules.

As far as I see it, the biggest obstacle might be the massive difference between myself and Cherry. Mostly because my 11:50 AM is her 9:20 PM, so finding a good time will be difficult. I have thought up of a few ways where I can maybe make this work, but let me just ask some questions first.

@Cherry3Fairy Would you rather play on your night time, or during your morning? If you'd rather play during the mornings, then I can stay up past midnight to play (I would also have to consult the others about if they're okay with those hours)

But if you'd rather play during the night, then you're probably gonna have to stay up late so that Lassus and BZ can wake up. (Again, I would also have to consult the others about if they're okay with those hours)