1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Losing at Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Xarn, Jan 24, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    So, losing at vieo games sometimes is funny, but other times it is reaallly annoying and make you want to destroy everything around. It is NOT about the hardest game that you played.

The questions:

• How you handle losing?
    • Which was the game where you have high stats...at losing?
    • Have you ever played games like Unfair Mario?
    • Any example of game that annoys you when you lose?
    • Do you have any friend that hates losing and you enjoy looking at him/her showing his/her rage? (I have one that swears everytieme that someone kills him at Call of Duty, recently, like 3 days ago, he was killed with a Bazooka. I CRIED after laughing to much because he spent like 40 minutes talking about the other guy and the damnable weapon xD...good it was soo funny)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    • Q: How you handle losing?
    • A: I handle it well while playing with others. If I get "upset", it's in a humorous manner. If I'm playing by myself though, I sometimes legitimately get upset and have a tendency to bitch and complain with heaps of profanity.
    • Q: Which was the game where you have high stats...at losing?
    • A: ALMOST ANYTHING ON THE NES, JUST GOD
    • Q: Have you ever played games like Unfair Mario?
    • A: Not sure, but it sounds familiar. I've played other "unfair" games like "The Unfair Platformer"
    • Q: Any example of game that annoys you when you lose?
    • A: Something that's meant to be easy like a Mario game.
    • Q: Do you have any friend that hates losing and you enjoy looking at him/her showing his/her rage?
    • A: If humor is implemented in the appropriate way, then I don't mind. If people have a serious rage fit, it gets to be annoying.

Xarn likes this.
  3. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    How you handle losing?

To be perfectly honest, it depends on the game I'm playing and who I'm playing with. If I'm playing alone, I'll yell sometimes and curse at my game. If I'm with friends, I'll do the same because I know they put up with me. But if I'm playing with strangers (like at a tournament), I can keep calm and collected and be a good sport.

Which was the game where you have high stats...at losing?

*stares at Super Smash Bros* *stares at Call of Duty* yes.

Have you ever played games like Unfair Mario?

-sigh- to be blunt, yes.

Any example of game that annoys you when you lose?

Super Smash Bros, because I love the game so much and I'm pretty bad at it XD

Do you have any friend that hates losing and you enjoy looking at him/her showing his/her rage?

Not really, I don't have any friends that get mad like that. I do love playing Doritos Crash Course with a friend because it's rage-inducing for the both of us 8D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tsutome

Tsutome Knight of the Styx

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    How you handle losing?

Well if I'm playing against someone, I get a teeny bit upset. If I'm playing against a good friend, I get upset. It's a rivarly! >:D

I don't really think I've played games where there are things that keep tracks of death/loss stats.

Yeah. They don't really make me angry like those videos you see on youtube. Honestly, they're not that irritating. Maybe if I was forced to pass it, then yeah.

Terraria. Even after I'm post-WoF and can easily defeat the pirates, the Giant Turtles and Ice Tortoises destroy me. And the Jumping Beetle things.
    Showdown. This one is because I'm not too good at Pokémon competitively. :P
    Risk/Axis & Allies. Occasionally, my friend will have a gathering and we play Risk or A&A. He's a genius when it comes to WII history, especially about Germany. This causes him to go berserk when I capture a part of his land.
    And, although I've not played them in a looooooooooong time, CoD/BF/Any FPS.

Do you have any friend that hates losing and you enjoy looking at him/her showing his/her rage?
    Not really. I my friends don't really rage (excluding my Risk friend).

5. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    • How you handle losing? It totally depends on the game. I don't mind in Fire Emblem, but I really really hate it in Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. I boil a lot internally.
    • Which was the game where you have high stats...at losing? I'm actually really really bad at some games such as Phoenix Wright. Even though I love it, I lose all the time.
    • Have you ever played games like Unfair Mario? I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I know that Battle Toads was a really hard game that I played.
    • Any example of game that annoys you when you lose? For some reason, it irritates me the most to lose at Nintendo games.
    • Do you have any friend that hates losing and you enjoy looking at him/her showing his/her rage? I'm that friend that people like enjoying rage, so I don't know the feeling of watching somebody else.

6. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    If I've been losing a lot, I'll definitely be more frustrated. Losing/dying every so often I can handle.

Jeez, I've killed myself sooooo many times in the Jax and Daxter games because it's sooooo easy to mistime a jump and plummet into an abyss. I also suck supremely at racing and shooting games.

I don't know what those games are.

Um.... I dunno. I kinda hate when I die in the Jak series, mostly because the checkpoints are occasionally really far apart.

Not really that I know of, haha. That is kinda me if I blow my top though, haha.

7. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Hey, you have to lsoe to know how to win, am I right? Anyways, I just laugh it off & give it another shot later.

I'm really bad at F-Zero GX & racing games in general.

Yes, I play those sort of games all the time.

Any game that makes it seem that I'm going to win, then makes me lose at the last second.

Personally, no, but my little sister gets REALLY mad when I beat her at Monopoly.

8. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    How you handle losing?
    If I'm playing a solo game by myself, there's a good chance I'll probably be annoyed depending on the severity of the loss and what game it is. If it's a multiplayer game, though, I'm always a good sport to my opponent, tell them "Good game" after each match, and the like; nobody likes playing with a sore loser, after all. And I always genuinely mean it; I don't mind losing against friends now and then, since it's always more about the fun!

Mario Party, and any other luck-based games. I'm good at most of the mini-games, but there's usually something that'll happen during the course of the board that winds up turning things against my favor at the last minute. A really infuriating example was when I last played Mario Party 6: we were playing on the Fair Square board, and I'd had 11 stars by the last turn of the game... until a CPU landed on Round of Miracles on the very last turn, and I had to give the computer all of my stars. ;~; Needless to say, I didn't win the board or any bonus stars besides Mini-Game Star and Coin Star, haha.

Yup, including Unfair Mario itself. Very tricky!

The aforementioned Mario Party, if I suffer a ridiculous loss like the one I described. Smash Bros. and Mario Kart can also fall under this for similar reasons - in Smash's case, I only get annoyed if my opponent doesn't play fairly. Super Mario Sunshine also deserves a mention for some of the Shine Sprites, like the infamous Secret of the Village Underside.

Watching some people's rage over losing usually amuses me! One of my pals is not always a good sport when it comes to losing, but unfortunately their poor sportsmanship isn't funny. :c I'm still a little hurt over a time when I was playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl with them online, and they took their rage out on me because I was winning too much for their tastes.

9. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    How you handle losing?
    - It depends on how many times I've lost. If it isn't that many times I don't get so angry but if I continuously keep losing then I get angrier and angrier...

- Don't Starve. I've died on multiple occasions and have stopped playing altogether because it is more amusing to watch my sister struggle to survive the game.

- No, none that I can recall.

- Rayman 3. That's the only one I can recall. Don't Starve too.

- My sister. She goes all out. Sometimes she has tears in her eyes because she's so frustrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.