1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Dec 23, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Friendly warning: Kanaru (@WavePearl), Robin (@122 Generation) and Wakeng (@Jupjami) might need to be creative here. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #81 Jan 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    122 Generation likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I will remind everyone - fighting is rarely the only way out of a situation when other people are involved.
    You'll get a good view of the bandits from a distance, and their camp, once you get over. From there, you might be able to figure something out...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Everyone thank SAF for dedicating herself (and Elio) to the plot hook : D

#84 Jan 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    @WavePearl
    I'm gonna have to veto that, as DM/host. There isn't a bow in the scene as of right now. Kanaru can look closer at the light she saw but there is something else there that is not a bow - and also there's an entire satchel on top of it, so something as big as that couldn't have been blocked, logically speaking.

Wakeng's stick is from the scenario (I mentioned branches in the scene), so consider that one run by me. You can still interact with any items in the scenario, like the journal, or take the staff, or look closer at what the light actually is.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I mean, duh. This is their RP, so :hello:

9. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hey all, wanted to quickly say sorry for the delays on my end.
    I've not slept for over 24 hours now, meaning brains a bit off. so i'll be making a post tomorrow after i sleep

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Yo, there is no need to apologize for not posting! Take your time, we all know you've got quite a couple of IRL complications limiting your own site activity.

About the 24 hours awake thing ON THE OTHER HAND.

SAF likes this.
  11. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Honestly, after the break up. I am feeling a lot more lighter and such, so I may be okay to post later tonight?

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Quick question about this:
    Are there any footprints leading to the disturbance's direction? Y'know, in case anyone might spot it one way or another.

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    @SAF
    If you're looking for someone to have spotted the trail, I believed Ando (ID Zeta) was already investigating it? Crushed leaves and branches, mostly, and a bush on the other end where the trail seems to stop. Right now it's only Ando investigating that, though, as everyone else is picking out stuff.

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yeah, I know Ando's already on it. Who knows if he might spot more clues from there?

Cc: @ID Zeta

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    @122 Generation @ID Zeta @Jupjami @WavePearl @SAF
    Okay, Lassus just said they couldn't make the next post, so they're skipping their turn. It's free post for another 12 ish posts but of course whoever hasn't responded in a while can get a bit o priority (Jup and ID I think).

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And before we knew it, it's @LassusVulpes' turn again. It makes me wonder what's keeping Li from doing and/or saying something when she has the best RNG roll out of the bunch. :sweat:

Edit: Actually, that was rather insensitive of me. Apologies. D:

#96 Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    122 Generation likes this.
  17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    All right, I just realized I didn't consider one last thing now that SAF started asking and all. @122 Generation @Jupjami @SAF @ID Zeta @WavePearl @LassusVulpes

Meta/out of game knowledge - how much do you want?
    NOTE: There are a few major plot twists/events in Luminous, you know the whole "not everything is going well behind the scenes" stuff in the hook. I am putting a hard spoiler on that and I am not going to spoil any of it until it's close enough. Not that you guys will have any idea what they are as you're literally just starting.

Right now, I'm currently on what is considered full secretive mode - I'll vague any questions you ask like you saw with SAF up there, and mostly y'all will be in the dark for most upcoming plot.

But if enough of you want to know a little bit more I'll share some bits and bobs. For example, if enough of you want to know who those guys you're about to rescue are, I can give you a rundown. You know, just some little bits that you're probably gonna see in the foreseeable future. I'll also warn you guys about some things to consider when you get to big choices (yes there are big choices).

Sample thoughts (optional things to consider)
    - Do you want knowledge about the puzzles up ahead? Hints put in in-character?
    - If you want puzzle knowledge, do you want hints (which is what I'm running), suggestions/important info or just straight up the answer? I don't really want to run that last one for reasons (I don't think it'd be fun to just... repeat answers that I tell you IC) but if people really don't like that part
    - If anyone's about to make a really bad move I will warn them OOC in this thread. For you know. My whole fair warning about "really dumb moves will kill you".
    - Do you want intel that your characters don't have access to? (I'll be trusting y'all not to metagame with those ones.)
    How much of the setting do you want to know beforehand?
    Does everyone want the same amount of knowledge, or should there be an opt in/opt out for spoilers? (Again, trusting opt-in to not metagame and let opt-out people do what they do.)

If you have any other thoughts or opinions you want to add, just respond with em.
    And finally, you don't need to fill this form in right away. In fact if you just have zero opinions, you can just straight up tell me here.

SAF likes this.
  18. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I think I'm quite fine with the way things are goin' right now. Probably give us hints to hard puzzles so we don't spend several pages goin' round in circles; but otherwise I don't mind the mystery~

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  19. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I believe I should just do this, as mental doesn't seem to be doing any better. Writing is still a pain for me

I'm really sorry everyone, however I believe for the time being, I should Drop out

Sorry for wasting everyones time

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    That's all right, Lassus. Stay safe out there, aight?
    I would like to ask, though - how would you like me to handle this in-universe?
    1. Li is retconned, and IC we just pretend she never was there
    2. Li is there but leaves IC at this point
    3. Li can be there in spirit, and just with the party up until they reach Yangto

I can't guarantee you can rejoin at any moment, but if you want to I'll see if I can try and work something out.