1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Luminous (The Actual Campaign Featuring Convoluted Magic)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Jan 8, 2023.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    As for Robin, he had no experience with crossbows, having had most of his combat experience from tomes and swords. In this world, his experience also felt like a distant memory, so it may take time for him to get back into the swing of things. Using sniper-like weapons was not something he was good at. Rather, he felt his friend Virion would be better off using it (or Noire - Tharja's little sister). Gosh, Robin missed his friends already.

After he had set aside a crossbow for himself, Robin went about tying up the remaining bandits. Then he went to look for his companions. It appeared everyone was off doing their own investigations. Elio, Wakeng, and so on.

2. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,583.4
    The next tent Ando checked didn't contain much of anything useful - just a coded letter and a complicated-looking spell, neither of which the man could even begin to decipher. Perhaps these belonged to Elio and his friends... He carefully folded both items and slipped them into his pack.

In the third tent, Ando found another boy, who appeared to be wearing simple mage's robes and was tied up similarly to the first captive. The way the boy stared at Ando in wide-eyed terror took the man aback. He shook off the unpleasant memories that began to resurface as he lowered his spear to the ground. "I'm not here to hurt you," he reassured the captive boy. He retrieved a small dagger - technically a flint knife - from his pack and began cutting away the boy's bindings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ChocoChicken likes this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @ID Zeta
    Though he did remain wary, the captive gave Ando a small nod, and barely resisted as the ropes were cut. As soon as the last binding slipped off the boy's body, he muttered a fast "thanks" and scrambled out of the tent.

@WavePearl @SAF @Jupjami @122 Generation
    "Right, yeah. Trav should-" Jared's statement came to a halt as soon as he saw the other boy exit the other tent. "Oh, hey! Trav!"

"Are you two alright?" Travolto immediately began in a hushed voice, rushing over to Elio and checking him for wounds. "Nothing fatal, right? Are the bandits taken care of- oh, they are. Who are all these people? What happened?"

"Iunno, but it looks like a mission success to me!" Jared slapped a bruised hand on Elio's back with a grin. "Nice job, buddy! And all these other people who I don't know!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ChocoChicken

Kanaru smiled when she saw that the missing comrade was safe. "Thanks...I think?" she replied, holding her makeshift bow close.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jupjami @122 Generation @ID Zeta @WavePearl

Dark hair, purple robe, olive skin, and looks like a mage. Elio caught a glimpse of a youth with such a description -- Travolto Shing -- heading his way before Wakeng could reply to his request. That, and said youth's hushed questions didn't help either. "Wha-- one at a time, please," poor Elio couldn't decide which one to answer first.

Oh, right, the whitehead kid soon realized that neither Jared nor Travolto had ever met the foreigners. "Actually," his own grin was a rather awkward one due to Jared's praise. "I got these guys to help here. Dunno where they come from, but hey, I was desperate," he explained about the foreigners he'd come with.

And speaking of, one of the foreigners still had Travolto's staff, right? "Oi, Robin!" Elio turned to the other foreigners and raised a hand as he called out to his fellow whitehead. "Gimme the staff, please? The owner's back here," he asked.

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Robin smiled slightly to himself when he saw Elio check on the boy's condition, and Elio was modest - giving credit where it was due! "Um... Right," Robin replied. He wondered if it would come as a shock to anyone to be seeing a group of foreigners who had literally come from another world. Still, Robin pushed those thoughts aside and passed the staff to the boy.

"Here you go," Robin said.

7. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,583.4
    Ando watched the boy scurry out of the tent. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, then picked up his spear and followed suit.

He emerged to find the group discussing something. He noticed two of the foreigners holding the bandit's crossbows and bolts, as he'd suggested. Good, he thought to himself. "I assume everyone is accounted for?" he asked as he rejoined the group.

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jupjami @122 Generation @ID Zeta @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

"Thanks, man." Having retrieved the staff from Robin, Elio immediately passed it to Travolto. So that's one weapon back to its owner.

And then Ando rejoined the group as he made sure everything's in order. "Yep," Elio nodded to the older man. "Jared and Trav back, the baddies outta way, and..." he sheepishly eyed Jared's bag that's already back to its owner now. "...the smoke bomb's still there, right?"

WavePearl likes this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @SAF

With a nod of gratefulness, Trav took the staff with both hands. Then Elio brought up the smoke bomb, and his expression quickly turned nervous. "No, I- I hid them. Dropped them under the bag so the bandits wouldn't- I'm sorry, I-"

"Oh hey, it's right here." Jared pulled out a potion from earlier - the smoky one with red ember-like particles. "They're all here, actually! And hold up, where's the fl... right, you said you used it earlier."

His smile wavered for a moment, but Jared just adjusted the bag on his shoulder to hide it. "...It's okay. I'll deal with that later, just glad nobody's dead. Were you able to figure out what each potion was? They might quiz us on that since we didn't use them. Of course, if you give Travolto a few minutes, he probably could do that part."

@122 Generation @ID Zeta @Jupjami @WavePearl

On the other hand, Trav had turned - a little sheepishly, one might add - from that little debacle to the five strangers around him. He began with a quick bow, although it was clear his nervousness hadn't completely dissipated, if at all. "...Hello. I'm Travolto, Travolto Shing, recent Jinguang Guild tryout. Those are Jared Hui and Elio Moguri, my tryout mission teammates. This was... part of our initiation mission. I'm so sorry about what happened - I didn't mean for you all to get caught up in this."

"Uh, dude, we did send Elio for help, so I think we fully meant for people to get involved," Jared yelled in the background, causing Trav to frown at him, face going redder.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ChocoChicken

"Um, it's okay!" Kanaru stammered. "I'm always happy to help in some way!"

11. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hm, Jinguang, another strange name Wakeng hadn't heard of. The man had let the other unfamiliar person pass by him to check on the whitehead, quickly noticing that this was the other missing guy.

"This was... part of our initiation mission. I'm so sorry about what happened - I didn't mean for you all to get caught up in this," said guy was saying as Wakeng tuned back into the locals' explanation. The raven-haired man tilted his head in curiosity. "So this is an initiation rite? What for?" he asked.

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Jinguang? Guild? Initiation mission? What kind of environment had Robin wound up in? It was like some kind of military unit. This wasn't like being in his Shepherds school club (although granted that Robyn did execute military-style campaigns then).

"Shing... Moguri-san... Hui..." Robin muttered to himself. He had to write these names down so he wouldn't forget them - or possibly even record a support conversation. Instinctively, Robin opened his support log and began to write down names. As he wrote, he figured that Wakeng had a point. What exactly was going on? Robin wanted to know more.

"Um... Nice to meet you, Shing-san. I'm Robin. Is there a place where we can find out more about this too?" he added, holding up the blue bottle up. "I hope it's not dangerous."

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Jupjami

"...You don't know what the Jinguang Guild is?" Trav raised a brow. "Pardon me, sir, but are you from around here?"

He then took a moment to check all the others. The girl with the sword, the other girl in the green shirt and pants, the two around his age in front of him. "I don't mean to be rude, but... are any of you from this part of Juayang? I assume most people around here already know about it."

@122 Generation @SAF

Jared chuckled, noticeably a little uncomfortably at Robin's use of last names. "Hey, there's no need for our surnames here. You're, like, what, our age? I mean, you look a bit younger, but just Jared is fine. I'm not that old! But if you really want, I can bring you back to Guild headquarters in Yangto for a quick tour. There is something we have to do before that - Elio, you think we're ready?"

Travolto paused to look at the bottle in Robin's hand. "Oh, that's just a common water spell we were lent for the initiation. You... don't mind handing it over for a bit, right? The Guild may want it back, but if you want a Luminous spell to defend yourself, I can buy you one when we return."

@WavePearl @ID Zeta

#133 Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ChocoChicken

"I am Kanaru Yashiro, from Tokyo." Kanaru smiled with a polite bow. "Pleased to meet you."

15. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "As said a few pages back, I'm Wakeng from Lawage," Wakeng introduced somewhat strangely, nodding his head.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ID Zeta @WavePearl (tagging just you two because everyone else have their previous posts quoted)

Following the potential pop quiz Jared was alluding to, Elio's mind was busily digging up his memories about which potion does what according to his wild guesses earlier. "If I get this right, blue's the water, orange's the barrier, green's the--" the whitehead boy mused only to be cut off with his companions' banter. Poor guy couldn't help but to do his best impression of a tomato -- albeit no redder than Travolto's -- at Jared's remark. "Guys, please..."

And then Wakeng's curiosity was met with Travolto basically raising an eyebrow. Being a small guy he was, Elio tried oh-so-hard to reach Travolto's ear just to whisper, "I don't think they're from around here, actually." Granted, he had absolutely no idea about what Tokyo, Lawage, and Iris-shi were, let alone where they're located. In some other worlds, perhaps? Those places didn't sound like they belonged to Juayang, after all.

To Robin, who was inquiring about the blue tincture from before, Trav unknowingly confirmed Elio's wild guess that it was a water spell. Although... the shorter whitehead still had his doubt about the other ones. "Oh! Oh! Remember those potions?" he wildly waved to the foreigner as he referred to the other three tinctures from before. "I think the green one's the speed boost..." he guessed only for his voice to trail off while turning to Travolto for confirmation.

122 Generation likes this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Robin laughed nervously. He supposed he was being too formal with everyone, but Robin knew to mind his manners. There were other things Travolto mentioned that caused Robin to think what kind of world he was in. What was this 'Luminous'? Did the supernatural also have a part in this world? And they were purchasable?!

@ChocoChicken

He replied to Travolto while handing over the blue potion, "Well, Travolto-san, if you must need this, I don't see any harm in giving it to you. To answer your other question, I'm Robin, from Iris-shi..." It also occurred to Robin that he needed to ask his companions about where they came from. What kind of worlds were out there? Best-case scenario: he had warped from somewhere far from home. If he had more time, he would have liked to daydream. At the very least, Robin welcomed the offer of seeing a new city.

But it seemed he would have to wait until his new companions were finished with their mission. What were they about to do?

18. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,583.4
    ((Taking a break from final project stuff to write up something quick))
    The mention of the Jinguang Guild caught Ando's attention - it appeared Elio and his companions were prospective initiates, which explained a few things. "I've heard of the Guild before," the man said, "though I can't say I know much about it."

He shifted uncomfortably as introductions were made. "You can call me Ando," he said when it came time to (re)introduce himself. He felt somewhat safe giving his full name to the foreigners, but even with them, he'd left out any further personal details. With natives, though? He had to be more careful.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @SAF
    Travolto paused, holding up the orange bottle. "Actually, I think you got those two mixed around. If you look closely at the orange, you can see the energizing sparks hopping around near the edge, which correlates to faster motion. Then if you hold up the green one to your palm..."

He did so, pointing to an aura forming around it. "It looks a little like a shield, doesn't it. But it's okay if you don't get it right on your first try, I've studied this for years."

@WavePearl @Jupjami
    "Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about." Jared shrugged. "You guys from some other country, maybe? How'd you even end up here?"

@122 Generation @ID Zeta
    That over, Travolto quickly accepted the bottle from Robin. "Thank you."

He then quickly nodded to Ando. "Right. The Jinguang Guild is the center of all Luminous use in Juayang, where we use our magic to fulfil various commissions. We guide, sustain, and help all of Juayang to grow - at least, that's our mission statement. And we'll be headed there soon, as soon as..."

"Elio, when you think we're ready to head back to the Guild and finish up our initation, just break the smoke potion!" Jared interrupted. "We can explain the rest on the way."

"Well it's not guaranteed, but you know-"

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,980.9
    @ChocoChicken

"I'm not sure myself how I ended up here from my bedroom in Tokyo." Kanaru admitted. "But I do know SOMEONE wanted me here, so I intend to find out who called me here, and why--and maybe figure out how to get back home."