1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lumiose City Ghost Girl

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Slugkid, Aug 14, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Alright, so maybe you all knew about this already and there have been a million threads about it, but it's been a week since I got this game (And a 3DS) and I've just seen it. In a building in Lumiose City, between the Galette Stand and the Route 14 Gate (North Boulevard), there's a three story non-descript building. When you go to the second floor, a cutscene comes on, I'm going to spoiler tag it because if you haven't seen it you definitely should.

The music stops, the screen flashes dark a few times, and behind you appears a Female Hexmaniac sprite that moves really weird without moving her legs, and says something among the lines of "No, you're not the only one", then continues to hover off camera, never to be seen again. The entire floor is empty.

What could this mean? Personally I think Game Freak loves feeding creepy pasta writers, and has started doing something about it with every main Pokémon game they release, which is actually pretty cool, albeit a tad disturbing.

2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Aaaaah, the ghost girl. I loved it.

There's a lot of speculation about her, and I think one of them is that it ties in with the Lumiose Station.
    There's a sign on the back of one of the posts that says something along the lines of "Wait in the usual place". There's also a little boy that says "It should be somewhere around here, right?"
    Like maybe she's looking for someone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Creepy disappearing girls are everywhere in Pokémon xD Just fun, it would be cool if they all tied together in a game later on though. Seems like a looker side quest kind of thing

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    O__O
    That sounds creepy.
    If I saw that I'd wet my pants.

Good thing to know about before I get Pokémon Y for Christmas :P

5. Myuuriko

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I smell hoopa....> O <;

6. GardyVoira

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    inb4 that creepy "some things are best taken to the grave" guy south of Laverre killed that Hex Maniac.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    At the time, this was so creepy for me! It's an excellent unexplained easteregg. I love playing Game Freak games because they never go too indepth about these things in interviews, so it's cool to leave it to your own imagination.

8. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    Thanks to TV Trope's Nightmare fuel page, I was expecting her. It was still freaky though.

As much as it mystifies me, I doubt there will ever be an explanation. Some things in Pokémon will always be shrouded in mystery, and this is probably one of them. :(

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Creepy or not, the ghost girl is definitely a interest. My first time playing, I went into the room and the music went dead. I was so scared that my game broke, but in the end it was the ghost girl who moved so creepily throughout the screen, never to be seen again.

10. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Maybe she's the older twin of the ghost girl in the Old Chateau in Sinnoh but also met an unfortunate fate like her sister 8)

Seriously, though, I am curious to see if her appearance actually has any meaning and if the message in Lumiose station is connected to her. If so, hopefully GF will include it in the next game(s)~

11. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    To be honest it feels like Nintendo laughing at us. A bit of an easter egg, considering very few people just explored the entirety of Lumiose City for kicks and giggles.

12. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I actually found this without the internet and before I knew it existed. The shock from seeing that when you totally aren't expecting it is huge! :S

13. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I found out about this through a youtube video and went to check it immediately. It was a nice little easter egg that they put in the game, it would be even nicer if it got an explaination. But I guess we won't be getting that soon.

14. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I really like it when Nintendo puts things like this in the game :)
    I'm almost entirely sure that we'll never hear anything about this ghost girl again, but these little easter eggs are always fun to discover! And of course, it provides a new subject for lots of speculation, creepypastas and fanfictions!

15. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I too remember first seeing the Ghost Girl and going "what the...?!" when she just appeared in that building. We may get some explanation like the girl on Marvelous Bridge in BW did with the Strange House in B2W2, perhaps.

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,729.6
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I was having a wait what moment when I found her, and yes I did found it a little creepy but then again disappearing ghost girls are not uncommon in the Pokémon universe.

17. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Why do I feel that the anime will cover this mystery in an episode.....

18. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I never felt as creeped out in the game as that lmao. I walked into the place hoping to find an expert belt, and found a Floating girl, she also shows up in the hotel, which is even weirder.

19. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Really, really creepy. I really never expected anything like that to happen in a Pokémon game.
    In the words of most other people from the internet: "2spooky4me" :P

20. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    I found out about this while browsing YouTube, and told my brother about it. I've never actually seen it in game... yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.