1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

LV Hack Game Ideas

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Is there a Pokémon center there? If not, how will trainers heal their Pokémon?​

Perhaps we could add eight more gyms post-game, to give people something more to do, as well as a frontier of sorts. (Valor Frontier?)​

The region should also have sandstorms/droughts due to Landorus. Will Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza be catchable?​

I'm pretty sure it's possible to make the legendaries triggered by gym badges or such. The reason I'm saying this is because we have the issue of where water types will reside in the game. You can't catch all of them with a fishing rod, after all.​

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Alrighty, first of all: No Pokémon center in Punk Hazard Town, it's pretty much a waste. However you will be able to pick up quite a few items such as Hyper Potions, full heals, full restores, revives and more. These items won't be hidden either, they will be quite obvious. The place is a dump so, lost items obviously be there.

Next, Valor Frontier maybe, but the adding new gym leaders is kind of hard. I had the idea where you could actually rechallenge all of the gym leaders but with different levels/Pokes.

Yes, I'm sure they will be able to get caught.

Finally, the trainer will be able to swim ANYWHERE he likes opposed to getting Surf or a gym badge. The only place he won't be able to swim is where you can find the legendaries. The water will be too rough to swim here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Maybe in Punk Hazard you could have some NPC that heals your Pokémon, or a beat-up Pokémon Center machine you can operate yourself.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What if Nurse Joy is like out there just healing people who pass by? Maybe.

5. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I don't know if you guys are still opened for ideas, but here's an idea what I had in my mind:

Two starter Pokémon. I know, it sounds a bit strange first, but let me explain it. As usually, you start in a smaller town, which has only a few houses, but a huge lab. Let us take advantage from that laboratory idea and make it better: make the town to a research center, where they are specified to fossil Pokémon. They are trying not only to resurrect the Pokémon, but to breed them, so after a few generation, they won't have any genes which has the fossil ressurection genes, but they would look like as they looked before the extinction. They have 3 successful test subjects - yeah, one of these will become your starters. You can choose one of these, and obviously, the rival will get the opposite, but here's the twist: you will also get the mission to bring back a Mysterious Fossil from another city to the Lab, and because it's a risky mission and all they want from that fossil is the DNA, they will give you the resurrected Pokémon. However, since its fossilization is still unknown for them, and it's in a really good condition, you are able to choose from 3 different versions (it can be the fossil version of the "pure" starters, or a totally new Pokémon, it's another story): Rock/Water, Rock/Fire, and Rock/Grass.

Of course there are still questions about it: what about the rival? Should he/she have their own fossil? Or it should happen in mid-game, so it won't affect the balance so much? But I guess it's a nice idea.

And another idea: Holon region, even after post-game. If you are similar with Pokémon TCG, you know what it is, if not: in Holon, you can find familiar Pokémon but with stranger types because delta ray from the Holon Research Tower affected them and became Delta Species (so for example, Charmander is Electric-Type instead of Fire).

6. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I've got a lot of suggestions, so I'll list and explain each of them in an orderly fasion:
    -Lots of enemy bosses. Something like the seven sages from B/W 1 where the main character can battle them at different points in the story.
    -Mt. Battle.- I'm taking a unique and clever idea from Pokémon colosseum. There were 100 trainers that one had to go through, and every time the player one, they would go on a platform that was at a higher altitude than the previous.
    -Less wild Pokémon when player is strong- There should be an option (not a Pokémon ability or item) that allows the player to take off wild Pokémon after they have achieved 8 badges or something like that.
    -Ending of the story should have a cliffhanger for a possible sequel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    For this, I think there should be a system something like "Fame Points", which is gained after successful battles, and works only if the Pokémon is the first in a party. So, for example, if you have a LV18 Wartortle in the party with 10 Fame Points, LV10 or lower Pokémon won't attack you, but a LV11 Pokémon will. That's not even hard to program, and if you want to train a new Pokémon, you can just move it to be the party leader.

8. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Punk Hazard: We need some kind of healing there. Towns without places to heal are lame. Like Slugkid, an NPC (similar to what they have in BW2) would be neat.
    I can come up with the Gym Leaders, if you want. Honestly, I find it terribly boring when you beat a game and all there is to do after is just a frontier and catching legendaries. I absolutely loved HGSS & Light Platinum because they had two regions you could explore, and another eight leaders. Adding another region to the game is an excellent idea and it'll make it much more realistic. Finding places for all the Pokémon will be difficult for just one region, and while it may be difficult to add another one, you can't have a good hack without a good amount of effort and obstacles to overcome. Re-challenging definitely isn't the same nor is it anywhere near as fun.
    Alright. That works, then. [:
    The base for starters has already been decided, but I do like the post-game region idea.

I really like the first two a lot. The Valor Frontier could essentially be Mt. Battle, with ~100 members of the Lake Valor community.
    This is a great idea, though you should have the option for disabling it (grinding and such). Pretty much an infinite repel, right?

9. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Thanks. In fact, the mentioned idea with the Mysterious Fossi could happen -after- you beat the game, so you'll still have motivation to play the game, since you could train totally new Pokémon, and altered Pokémon at the same time too.

That's why I said as soon as you put a weaker Pokémon in the beginning of the party, it won't work, since every Pokémon would have its own Fame Point, not the trainer, so the weaker your Pokémon, the increased chance you will encounter with Pokémon: as soon as you put a weak Pokémon in the beginning of the party, you'll meet with weak Pokémon again. And of course, it wouldn't be so easy to get Fame Points (as I mentioned in the example, a LV18-LV20 Wartortle would only have 10 fame points).

10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    These are pretty nice ideas. If we decide to use it, we'll discuss the Fame Points more later. [:
    I actually found something that may be a nicer and (easier?) alternative to ROM hacking. We had someone a while back, though they were beginner level, make part of a hack with it. RPG Maker XP might be something to consider, especially with this released:
    http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
    For an example of a game made with this:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250466
    If we could find someone proficient (we'd really prefer a professional, though) with using RPG Maker XP, I definitely think this would be a good idea. Far less limits as to what we can do.

Achromatic likes this.
  11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Excellent ideas, we will take them all in to consideration. Adding another region might be hard but we'll try our best. Also, I thought that we should spruce things up a bit if possible and maybe try to work it so that the starter Pokémon can follow you about? All Pokémon following + our new ones might be REALLY tricky to do, but with just a few of them which can follow it might make it a tiny bit easier. Of course it's never going to be easy in the first place.

We need to make sure our game isn't just the same as every other hack, it needs original points which makes it stand out and really worth playing at the end of the day.

Tbh, RPG maker might not be such a bad idea after all, it seems much easier than ROM hacking and it actually looks really good.

Okay SO. A new island/Region has been added to the game. The storyline has changed a bit too. Check the Kansai League, Kansai Locations and Storyline thread for the new info. I will readd the Noxious grove too, but a bit later in the game.

12. MaNCHA

MaNCHA Swimmer

Meloetta Egg
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.0
    I actually own the most recent version of RPGMaker-- RPGMaker VX. I'm still training with it but with help I could make something amazing with it. I'd like to get my money's worth with it.

Here are the Concepts for more Evolutions!

[​IMG]

These are cool Pokes. Let me explain.

#E02- Asteor (Asteroid/Meteor)
    Rock Type
    Meteorite Pokémon
    1'09"
    145 lbs
    Levitate
    Evolves into Solrock with a Sunstone. Evolves into a Lunatone with the Moonstone.

#E03- Artemice (Artemis [Greek Moon goddess]/Ice)
    Rock/Psychic
    Night Pokémon
    4'03"
    516 lbs.
    Night Chill
    Evolves from Lunatone by Level-Up at night holding the Astrolabe

#E04- Pyrollo (Pyre/Apollo [Greek Sun god])
    Rock/Psychic
    Day Pokémon
    4'04"
    530 lba
    Day Heat

--
    ABILITY: NIGHT CHILL: Changes the weather to MOONLIGHT. Gives the user STAB for Ice-Type moves.
    ABILITY: DAY HEAT: Changes the weather to SUNNY. Gives the user STAB for Fire-Type moves.
    MOVE: TWINKLE: Changes the weather to Moonlight.
    WEATHER: MOONLIGHT: Lowers the accuracy of all Pokémon. All Dark-Type moves have a 30% chance to inflict flinching.

I also had the idea of making explicit boss Pokémon, called Pokémon-U. These Pokémon would be essentially beefed-up Pokémon by the use of chemicals. Say we took a Blaziken. Giving this Pokémon the U-Formula (U standing for Uber) would make it grow more fierce and powerful, like a bit of an evolution but different. This formula would increase the Pokémon's stats, but make it go on a rampage. Instead of Gym Leaders, we could have Colossus Arenas. In Colossus Arenas, you could fight a single Pokémon-U, which would have normal power stats but about 10x the HP. If you topple the beast, you get the badge.

13. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0

"Oh, are you in need of my services?"
    (Pokémon trainer type) Drew wants to battle!
    (Losing text) "..Must be my cache..."

It must be done. :)

14. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Hey, I know that the concepts of all 16 gyms and the elite four and champion have already been established, but I was wondering if I could throw in some more.

The biggest idea I've been mulling over is that maybe a few of the gyms could focus on double or triple battles, and not just on the type of Pokémon they use. That could pave the way for the need for strategy and more type-oriented Pokémon to train before each gym.

The second of the two is more of a gimmick, but to get it off my nose: maybe each gym leader has a 'trump card' Pokémon, a final resort that's more powerful than the rest (though not by much). And to make them more special, they could have a different colouration to normal instances. Not shiny, but another, much more rare form with different colours. Perhaps later in the game you could meet the gym leaders under special circumstances and trade a specific Pokémon for their uniquely coloured trump card.

15. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I'm making this double post as a means to bump the thread and to put my ideas into the fray.

If this is still going at all (which seems like a pretty big reach at this point) then I'd like to suggest alternate forms for Gastly, Koffing, and Weezing.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Taking into assumption that we can say that the gases inside each Pokémon are flammable (Koffing's and Weezing's are definitely, at least) then these forms are triggered by the use of a fire-type move, perhaps a particular one. The type changes would be to ghost-fire for Gastly and either pure fire or poison-fire for the other two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.