1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lycanroc - Midday or Midnight?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Smooshie, Nov 8, 2016.

?

Which Lycanroc do you prefer?

1. Midday Form

48.1%
  2. Midnight Form

25.9%
  3. Both forms!

24.1%
  4. Neither

1.9%
  1. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Rockruff, the cute rock puppy Pokémon, evolves in Lycanroc! The different forms of Lycanroc depends on the version you bought! Pokémon Sun gives you the Midday form while Pokémon Moon gives you the Midnight form. Each form has a different Pokédex entry.

According to the Pokédex entry of Rockruff, the Pokémon tends to howl around dusk when its evolution draws near. It will also separate from its trainer to evolve. Imagine one day your Rockruff disappears and when it comes back, it looks like either one of these Lycanrocs!

[​IMG]

Midday Form's Pokédex entry:
    When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo's influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form. Lycanroc lives solo in mountains and deserts, not creating a pack. Each has its own territory, and they live without interfering with one another, which helps to avoid unnecessary fights. Lycanroc obeys its Trainer's orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners. The Midday Form Lycanroc is known for speedy movements that leave its opponents bewildered. It dodges opponents' strikes while attacking with the sharp rocks of its mane as it slips right past them. - serebi.net

Midnight Form's Pokédex entry:
    Midnight Form Lycanroc provokes its opponents by pressing in hard and inviting their attack. When an opponent falls for this tactic and attacks, Lycanroc counters with its forte: a single devastating blow that finishes off its foe! The stronger its opponent is, the more excited for battle Lycanroc becomes. It doesn't mind getting hurt if it means victory in battle. Battles thrill it so much that its eyes glow. Contempt rises in this Pokémon for Trainers who give orders it doesn't agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle! - serebi.net

Which form do you prefer and why?

Personally I prefer Midnight form because I love werewolves and the midnight lycanroc feels more like a traditional werewolf rather than midday form which reminds me of a Twilight 'werewolf' [no insult to the Lycanroc]. Either way, I think I'll be having a Lycanroc in both versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    The midnight form is cooler, but not enough for me to switch to getting Moon. Werewolf Pokémon is a neat idea. Nothing wrong with the Midday form, it's just kind of plain

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I like Midday because of Accelerock but I am getting Moon instead of Sun

4. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Both are neat, but Midday is better. Simply because I prefer Rockruff to stay quadrupedal

Arc1Dragon likes this.
  5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like the look of the more traditional wolf over a werewolf. Not to say Midnight form is not well designed, it is. But the color scheme seems a bit too much for me. Besides, I really like quadruple animals and Pokémon, so Midday form it is for me.

6. Tzuyu

Tzuyu Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽7.6
    I like the midnight form and think it looks really cool, but the midday form looks more like an evolution to Rockruff, the midnight form doesn't really look like it.

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am picking sun and though I like midnight form, I just think both are coo, just eh. I think midnight is really out of the blue and looks kinda cool while midday form is very slick and looks like it is the real evolution to rockruff. In end, I am not sure either will be on my team as they are just kinda eh to me in general, in type and power, just not my Pokémon personally.

8. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I personally like Midday form more. Midnight form is cool, but I like the normal wolf better. This might sound a little weird, but I also don't think Midnight form looks enough like a werewolf. Specifically, it's too thin and honestly looks like a normal wolf that's bipedal to me. I also don't really like how disproportionate its hands are, but that's more of a nitpick.

Some sort of cross between the appearances of Midnight Form Lycanroc and Zoroark would be be a better werewolf look, in my opinion. (Before you say it, I know Zoroark is a fox, not a wolf)

9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I was actually leaning towards Midnight form, but now that I have the game, I'm liking Midday much more. Both forms are awesome, though.

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I prefer the midday form, yeah is basic but I can't get myself to like the midnight form as cool as a werewolf like Pokémon is I really can't get myself to like it. It's color scheme and design just seem off to me which is a shame because I'm a huge fan of werewolves.

11. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I actually like both forms, but I think the Midday form of Lycanroc is more effective. It suits more of Rockruff's evolution as you look at the appearance.

Smooshie likes this.
  12. All54321

All54321 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽6.0
    I'm going to shiny hunt for a rockruff in Moon, and I'm most likely going to trade it over to Sun with a rare candy to evolve it there, then trade it back over.

I don't know, I just like Midday better, plus it looks more like rockruff then Midnight. And to me Midnight is meh.
    When it was first announced, I was sad since I really wanted Moon and that is one thing I don't like.

13. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Both are amazing. I love both. I do really like Midday, because it looks more like the evolution of Rockruff to me, and to a ton other of you people, but Midnight form has also grown on me somehow. I'd have a Midnight form on my team, but I have no problem with either, since I think they're both really cool.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Midday is my winner for sure. It's so regal and fancy! I love it.

15. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I like both forms! I actually find the Midday form kinda cute lol it reminds me of my cousin's dog. Midnight Lycanroc's red colouring kinda throws me off but I still like it nonetheless.

It's a shame that I can't evolve a Rockruff I hatch from an egg into a Midday Lycanroc bc I have the Moon version... But I like how the Midnight form taunts its enemies during its idle animation.

16. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Midnight version is by far my favorite. Midday Lycanroc just doesn't really look like anything too special to me, it's just a wolf. Unfortunately Midnight Lycanroc doesn't have the stats/movepool it needs to be as competitively viable, but I'd still love to try it anyway.

17. Gemini

Gemini "The Explorer"

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.0
    I love the design of the midnight form, I was pretty sad that it didn't get some moves though.

18. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Well, it's a hard decision for me. I like the bright look of Midday form, and it always seemed cooler that way. But, I had Pokémon Moon, so when I got a Rockruff, it became Midnight form, which I grew to like eventually. Plus, with the Midnight Lycanroc being Olivia's partner, that gave him a little more depth on her than it did with Kukui, since he only used Midday Lycanroc right at the end.

In the end, I'm going with both, because they're both equally awesome in my book!

19. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Midday. We already have some cool wolfy-type 'Mons like Luxray, Mightyena, ect. But Midday Lycanroc is just such a sleek, powerful creature. But the Midnight form has definite potential to be named either Moony or Remus. Or perhaps Teddy.
    #MissingNo

20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I prefer the Midnight form, which is one of the main reasons why I want to get Moon. I like the idea of the werewolf rather than just the wolf, and Midnight form I think has a higher defense stat than the Midday form. It is a bit slow, but it can take more damage. The color scheme of Midnight form could be toned down a bit, and I'm glad the shiny form is the way it is (that's gonna be my first shiny in the game).