1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Magma's Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by MagmaVictory, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagmaVictory

MagmaVictory School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Well I have to say, I'm not very amazing at much of anything really although I am still practicing here and there with my artworks and proportions while drawing. I usually produce Pokémon, sometimes ponies and other times Pokémon trainers or mario characters but usually it's Pokémon. I also make fusions from time to time if rarely.

I accept critism and advice since I'm always looking forward to improving myself. So if you guys have any tips just let me know~

And now drumroll please~ *drum rolls* Here are some of my works that I'm quite happy with for my overall improvements over the years c:

And here's some older works just so it doesn't get to crowded in line with the top spoilers.

I certainly do hope you all enjoy looking at my artworks and tell me what you think ^^ Thank you in advance~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    brsajo and Cobalt like this.
  2. Inquisitor

Inquisitor

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Great work, MagaVictory!! :) I especially like your creepy clown Pokémon-- I know it's titled 'creepy,' but I think it's quite cute tbh. I really like your work, keep it up!

MagmaVictory likes this.
  3. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I like your artwork! I also liked the clown one, but the spirit of fun is a nice one too! Keep up the good work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    MagmaVictory likes this.
  4. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I have only one complaint about your colouring, the lines are EVERYWHERE. I really enjoy your style but your colouring makes it more rough than smooth and I hate to see well done drawings get down by the lines of colouring.

When colouring, colour in one direction rather than everywhere. The easier way to do it is going vertical when using your colours, that way they blend more easier.

If you don't mind me asking what brands do you use? I use prismacolours because they are very soft and blend really easy while shading and making smooth lines.

5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I do think your art is great Magma! You have some good skills there and your whole style is awesome!

Though I will agree with Toasty on this one that the colouring is a bit... Liney. Not that that's awful, but I think it would be a good idea to upgrade your colouring skills. Trust me, your work is amazing! But I would like to see the colouring upgraded a little.

6. MagmaVictory

MagmaVictory School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Yeeeah I understand you there. It's honestly been such a pain for me to get rid of those horrible lines. Whenever I colour, it just seems to always leave these white markings everywhere and I've always tried my best to get rid of it but, to my utmost frustrations, I've never seemed to been able to ^^;

I think it's because I often tried to shade in with two colours as well that's maybe made my colouring in is a bit iffy and yeah sometimes my pencils aren't sharp enough so I do tend to colour in a bit rough as well.

And the brand I use are called 'the spectrum sings' I bought them from a shop called WHSmith.

Yeah I remember a friend of mine told me that they also use Prismacolours too.
    Thanks for the comment and tip though Toasty ^^ and thank you as well mr.Red.

7. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I went a head and looked up these brand of coloring pencils and they do look like a good brand too. The easiest way to avoid getting hard lines scattered around, or the way how I do it, is go light then dark, so that way you can add a different color on top to blend.

Or he a colorless blender pencil, that always helps too.

8. MagmaVictory

MagmaVictory School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
  9. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0

I honestly think its just whatever brand you buy them for. You could get the liquid ones (like I use) and they can be be used very good, as for money wise I think it was $5. Or get the prismacolour one and I think it runs $2-$4, I haven't really bought any new ones recently but they do help a good deal.

I can tell in the Pheonix piece you tried the shading and blending, which is really great. I really looked at the Nitrox piece and it can still use a bit more detail shading you can fix with your pencils a bit, get the same colours you used for the shading and go over it again, but much lighter so the colours would blend more into the purples and white so it isn't a complete solid colour. I looked through your gallery to use for comparison and this one was really spot on:

http://hyperactivechaosgirl.deviantart.com/art/King-Suidra-439323304

I honestly think colouring pencils area great tool to use, just have to make sure you use them right, and you're coming a long way (:

10. brsajo

brsajo Girl Boss Baby

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,240.0
    I think an important thing to do when using colouring pencils is to remember that you're not just filling in an area with colour. You've gotta imagine the texture of what you're colouring.
    For example, if you're colouring fur, think about what direction the fur would be facing and move the pencil in those directions.
    Or if you're colouring metal, try to avoid having too many visible lines because you want it to look as smooth as possible.

11. MagmaVictory

MagmaVictory School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Ah alright thanks for letting me know the prices ^^

Alright, I'll do that ^^ Oh I see, that one was a very old piece but yeah I can see why you like it as the shades on it are much lighter than they are with the Nitrox piece right now.

Alright thank you Brsajo ^^ I'll try to keep it in mind when I'm colouring in. I can understand with that since metal is supposed to give off a luster right?

12. MagmaVictory

MagmaVictory School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.