1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Marine goes for Platinum (A Nuzlocke Challenge)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    [3D='483']Journey for the Championship[3D='484']​
    Marine goes for Platinum
    A Nuzlocke Challenge
    [3D='487']​
    Welcome to my new journey through Sinnoh. It has been a while since I have been here and now I am going to challenge myself by doing a Nuzlocke, this is going to be so much fun. I am Marine and I will be telling you all about my journey.​
    The rules:
    • Only the first Pokémon in a new area can be caught. However, there is a Duplicate clause, I cannot have more than one Pokémon of the same line. Also, Shiny Clause. If I see a shiny, all restrictions are off.
    • All Pokémon must be nicknamed immediately.
    • When a Pokémon faints, well too bad. They must be placed in the box Ripperonies and left there. If they evolve while fainted after a battle, it is miracle from Arceus and they will be counted as an exception.
    • No EXP Share.
    • Legendary Pokémon cannot be used in battle. Seeing as there are many in this generation, this is needed.
    • Nuzlocke starts when I gain my first Poke Balls.
    • Starter will be picked by the Trainer ID Rule: last digit is: 1-3 Grass, 4-6 Fire, 7-9 Water, 0 my choice.
    Alright! I will start my story at the beginning.

The Beginning: Obtaining the Starter
    Well, you know my name already. But anyway, I am Marine. My Trainer ID is 01374, even if I have no Pokémon, and I am from Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh. I have one hyperactive friend called Barry. He is not the brightest tool in the shed, but he is a good friend I suppose. One morning my whole life changed, and he was the reason why. That one morning Barry forced me to come with him to Sandgem Town, the next town over, to go and get our own Pokémon. I was hesitant because my mom had repeatedly warned me about going into the tall grass. Not that it mattered to Barry though.

Before we could do anything stupid, we were stopped by the person we were supposed to find. Happy coincidence. Probably. Anyway, long story short, after his assistant showed up, Barry and I were allowed to pick a Pokémon from his briefcase. Is Professor Rowan always this trusting? I ended up picking this weird Fire but monkey that is apparently a Chimchar. The good professor left quickly afterward. Probably didn't want to see us suck at battling. Well, I really didn't want there be too. Barry challenged me to a battle and surprise, surprise. He has a Piplup. Because why not let me go first, to grab the advantage afterward? Me and Chimchar kicked his ass after a grueling Growl and Leer stalemate. Ah, the wonders of actually knowing stuff.

After this happened I went to tell me mom and she told me to go and thank the old man. So I went out to go to Sandgem, this time with the blessing of my mother. After a small detour imposed on me by Barry to Verity Lakefront, I went to Sandgem Town where Lucas was waiting on me. The Prof allowed me to nickname my Pokémon and for some reason, I picked the name Chimkey. And that was the true start of my journey through Sinnoh.
    [​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Chimchar Lv. 7
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Leer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn likes this.
  2. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Part 2 Getting to Jublife and catching those mon!

Well, I finally managed to get rid of all the people that insist on telling me the stuff I have known for years now. I mean, I live surrounded by Pokémon, I am not stupid or ignorant. But anyway, after Lucas send me home to tell my mom I am going to travel all over Sinnoh, she and Barry's mom decided I could be a delivery girl too, he taught me how to catch a Pokémon. It was so boring I almost yawned. I didn't want him to catch me in the act though, so I just pretended to pay attention. After it was over I received 5 Poke Balls from Lucas and I made a break for it to go and catch a Pokémon on Route 201.

Route 201

It was a fairly easy catch. Didn't take long to find my first victim either. It was Bidoof that put up more of a fight than it oughta should have. It broke the first Poké Ball I chucked at it even at half health. Oh well, Bibi the Bidoof joined the team shortly after that. She is quite Simple, but she will do fine for now.

Route 202

After healing up at the Pokémon Center in Sandgem town, I went back to route 202, where Lucas demonstrated how to bore a girl quickly, I mean how to catch a Pokémon. The first three encounters were all Biddof. But Sinnoh has these nasty rules regarding catching Pokémon. You may only catch the first Pokémon on a route as long as it is not a Pokémon that you have caught before, or of the same line as you already have. So I floundered around for a bit longer and managed to encounter a Shinx. King joined the party shortly after. He has Rivalry, but a Trainer in Sinnoh can't be a chooser.

Jublife City

Lucas managed to bring my mood down again by telling me that I should have caught more Pokémon. Dude, have you heard of the rules here, they are strict as Arceus. He dragged me down to the Trainer School and I was this close to kicking him in the shin and making a run for it. Sadly we got interrupted by a shady person that calls himself Looker. I am not sure that his claim of being on a secret mission from the International Police is true, but I am not sure I want to talk to him again, so I am just going to heal up and give the damn parcel that our mothers have pushed on me to Barry. Why do I have to be the responsible one? Anyway, I got a Town Map out of that, some more experience after I beat up some brats in the Trainer School and a Poketch from a bunch of clowns.

Route 203

Barry ambushed me. I should have expected it, but nooooo. Anyway, his Starly and Piplup were no match for my cuties and Barry ran away after the fight. I dived into a patch of grass and encountered Gio the Starly. He was quite startled, despite his Keen Eye. Whelp, back to training them up a bit more. I have had too many near deaths to be comfortable.

Route 204

I went to the north of Jublife City to see what Pokémon were hiding there and I managed to snag Justine the Budew. She did poison Bibi the Bidoof during their fight but whatever. Poison Point could come in handy during the long journey ahead. Went back to heal up my party.

P.S. there was a Trainer with a Magikarp. I read the foe's Pokémon used Splash as the Fool's Pokémon used Splash.

[​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Chimchar Lv. 10
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Leer
    * Ember
    * Taunt

[​IMG]
    Bibi the Female Bidoof Lv. 8
    Docile Nature, Simple
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    [​IMG]
    King the Male Shinx Lv. 8
    Mild Nature, Rivalry
    * Tackle
    * Leer
    [​IMG]
    Gio the Male Starly Lv. 8
    Serious Nature, Keen Eye
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Quick Attack
    [​IMG]
    Justine the Female Budew Lv. 3
    Hardy Nature, Poison Point
    * Absorb

3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Your team actually has a decent balance for Pokémon Platinum. I like seeing 4th gen Nuzlocks since that Generation was incredibly complete in many ways.

Ripperonies > I found this adorable.

Keep going, I hope you can do it!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Part 3: Roark the Newbie Wall!

Last time I told you all about going out and capturing Pokémon. With a good team, that I did train up a bit, I felt confident enough to make my way to Oreburgh City and try to challenge Roark, the first gym leader. Boy, was I ever so disappointed by the experience.

Mt. Coronet
    Not much happened here actually. I was given an HM by a weird hiker and then after battling made my way out of the cave without an encounter.

Oreburgh City

I got ambushed by, surprisingly not Barry, a youngster or another short wearing trainer class, who showed me where the Gym was located. There Barry was in the way and told me that the Gymleader was out on business in the mine. I decided to leave the matter for a bit and try to catch another Pokémon. I might be lucky enough to get a Machop on Route 207, who knows?

Route 207

Yeah, I wasn't that lucky and met a Zubat. Acro was a cute little Zubat though. Inner focus as an ability but very timid.

Oreburgh Mine

I went to look for Roark after a nice training session and was once again pointed at the mine. Eddie the Geodude found me there and she decided to tag along. Or maybe I forced her by chucking a Poké Ball at her head, Not really like there is a difference. Anyway found Roark. He decided to demo how Rock Smash works. I mean who would know how Rock Smash works, not like it is in the name or anything. Knowing that Roark is strong I went to train for a bit again after seeing how strong the trainers in his Gym were.

Roark Vs. Marine. The Wall against the Newbie

Justine was doing great against his Geodude and Onix taking them down in one hit each. I made the decision to pull her back for one turn to get all the debuff off of her because I knew that the Cranidos would hit hard. It was a Grueling fight that cost me Justine. She did manage to poison him with her last breath, so her teammates could try and finish him off. I lost Acro the Zubat to the merciless Rock type and even Chimkey almost fell victim to the Cranidos. In the end, it was Bibi who made the final stand and survived with one HP. I have won the war, but lost too many battles to be comfortable with. Time to go back to Jublife and regain myself.

The current team:
    [​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Chimchar Lv. 12
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Leer
    * Ember
    * Taunt

[​IMG]
    Bibi the Female Bidoof Lv. 11
    Docile Nature, Simple
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Defense Curl
    [​IMG]
    King the Male Shinx Lv. 11
    Mild Nature, Rivalry
    * Tackle
    * Leer
    * Charge
    [​IMG]
    Gio the Male Starly Lv. 12
    Serious Nature, Keen Eye
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Quick Attack
    * Wing Attack
    [​IMG]
    Eddie the Female Geodude, Lv 6
    Jolly Nature, Sturdy
    * Tackle
    * Defense Curl
    * Mudsport

Box Pokémon: Empty

Ripperonies: Inhabitants 2

Justine the Female Budew Lv 14 Roark's Cranidos
    Acro the Female Zubat Lv 11 Roark's Cranidos

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Part 4: Galactic troubles

I got to Floaroma Town today after an eventful journey. After I placed Justine and Acro in the Death box that belongs to me, curiously named Ripperonies, seriously who comes up with these names, in Oreburgh City I took my leave and went back to Jublife City. Aside from Barry who bumped into me, again, it was a rather uneventful trip. The Pokémon in Mt. Coronet still didn't show and thus I just walked back to Jublife.

Jublife City

I went to heal my Pokémon after a short training session focussed on Eddie, and after that, I went north to the town of flowers, Floaroma. Before I could exit the city though, I met Prof Rowan and Lucas again. The were being held up but from people with a green bowl cut and after asking me for some help, we were able to clear the way and I was able to move on.

Ravaged Path

I ended up catching a Psyduck in this small cave. Eyck the Psyduck makes a nice addition to our team. However, it is not to last very long.

Floaroma

I did the basic stuff, got the sprayduck, planted and gathered some berries, healed my poor Pokémon. And set out again to gather more Pokémon that I can use. I left town and met a worried little girl. She said that some weirdoes had taken her dad and were now in Valley Windworks doing Arceus knows what there. Not really my problem though. Although, there are some weirdoes that won't let me pass, saying something about a mission?

Valley Windworks

My first encounter in the patch of grass just outside of the building here was a Buizel. Eyck needed a bit of experience and I left him out a bit too long and sadly passed was the Quick Attack of the Buizel was placed a bit too well to survive. Thanks for the service, Eyck. I did capture the Buizel and Fountain will be the replacement of Eyck in the coming few parts, maybe even longer. She Swiftly Swims and is naughty as hell. But I have the feeling that she will be one of my favorites.

During grinding to take on Team Galactic, I lost Bibi. She was actually a wonderful part of my team, but now resides in the Ripperonies box. She will be back to serve as my HM-slave/Zombie, though so she will be back. ON a happier note, both Chimkey and Gio evolved. The team might have had a few losses, but we are slowly getting stronger.

I took out Mars and her minions with little effort in Valley Windworks because that little girl wouldn't stop whining about it and the weirdoes still wouldn't let me pass. That one grunt that was guarding the door had the right idea to lock himself in the building, however, telling me where I could find another key was a bad move, boy. I knocked out the the grunts, got the key and wiped the floor with the people inside. Actually, Mars' Zubat poisoned Fountain and her Purugly proved a powerful opponent. I got through it without anymore loses. But I am afraid of the repercussions now.

Current team:
    [​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Monferno Lv. 14
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Leer
    * Ember
    * Mach Punch
    [​IMG]
    King the Male Shinx Lv. 14
    Mild Nature, Rivalry
    * Tackle
    * Leer
    * Charge
    * Spark
    [​IMG]
    Gio the Male Staravia Lv. 14
    Serious Nature, Keen Eye
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Quick Attack
    * Wing Attack
    [​IMG]
    Eddie the Female Geodude, Lv 15
    Jolly Nature, Sturdy
    * Magnitude
    * Defense Curl
    * Rock Throw
    * Rock Smash
    [​IMG]
    Fountain the female Buizel, Lv 13
    Naughty Nature, Swift Swim
    * Water Sport
    * Quick Attack
    * Water Gun
    * Pursuit

Box Pokémon: Empty

Ripperonies: Inhabitants 2

Eyck the Male Psyduck Lv8 Fountain got you good.
    Bibi the Female Bidoof Lv 14 Wild Pokémon got the better of you.

6. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Bibi, you deserved something better...I know that you will be remembered and I hope your trainer can take revenge against the hax that killed you without mercy :(
    Now, lets keep evolving, guys! Help @[member="MarineAurora"] to surpass the challenge

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    So, um. Time for part 5: Eternal Forest?

Last time I told you all about my first and second encounters with Team Galactic. Today we resume our journey and make our way to Eterna City and the next Gym.

Route 205

It was a short route and the only thing that happened was me catching a new Pokémon. I Picked up a Pachirisu, that I named Zazzle as requested by my friend Kat. She likes cute Pokémon. Zazzle is actually very Calm, and not hyperactive like I thought. She often brings me stuff which I am happy about, but like 80% of the time, she brings me antidotes. Is that a sign of what is to come?

Eterna Forest

I met a Trainer called Cheryl and her Chansey. They had trouble getting through the forest by themselves. If I minded to help them out? I didn't because Cheryl was nice enough to heal my Pokémon after every battle. I see possibilities here. Muhahaha. No seriously, that would lessen the chance of me losing another member. As usual, I got into the first fight of the area and I encountered a Silcoon and a Budew. Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw the Budew and remembered Justine, who is now resting in Ripperonies. Poor thing. Anyway, I caught the Silcoon and named it Grungus. I have some weird friends. It was a serious little cocoon, that quickly went to the box as I had a full team of six already. Luckily I didn't encounter a Swarm of the things.

Eterna City

That forest took ages. Mostly because I took the chance to grind a little and make sure my Pokémon would be in good health for the next gym. But as soon as I stepped foot in the next city, Barry came around and dragged me off to see some weird statue of a supposedly mythical Pokémon that controls time or space. One or the other. There was an older looking weirdo in front of the statue, and I had a bad feeling about him. Anyway, afterward, I went to route 211 to try and ctach another Pokémon.

Route 211

My first encounter was a Meditite. Whoops. Poor Fiddlyfoo. She is one chuck of Pure Power and a bit too serious for her own good. Then I went back to the Pokémon center to make sure my Pokémon do not drop dead. That is important, folks.

Eterna City (again)

I met this blonde lady that told me about the mythical Pokémon again. Maybe there is something of worth to it after all.

Current team:

[​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Monferno Lv. 17
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Leer
    * Ember
    * Mach Punch
    [​IMG]
    King the Male Luxio Lv. 17
    Mild Nature, Rivalry
    * Tackle
    * Leer
    * Charge
    * Spark
    [​IMG]
    Gio the Male Staravia Lv. 14
    Serious Nature, Keen Eye
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Quick Attack
    * Wing Attack
    [​IMG]
    Zazzle the Female Pachirisu, LV 17
    Calm Nature, Pick up
    * Spark
    * Bide
    * Quick Attack
    * Charm
    [​IMG]
    Grungus the Male Beautifly, Lv, 16
    Serious Nature, Swarm
    * Harden
    * Gust
    [​IMG]
    Fiddlyfoo the Female Meditite, Lv. 14
    Serious Nature, Pure Power
    * Bide
    * Meditate
    * Confusion
    * Detect

Box Pokémon: 2

Eddie the Female Geodude. LV 17
    Fountain the Female Buizel. LV. 16

Ripperonies: Inhabitants 4

Xarn likes this.
  8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Part 6: We don't get a whole lot done this time.

Liker seriously. I felt like I had to grind a fair bit with some of my Pokémon as they were quite a bit under leveled. During the grinding on route 211 and 205, I lost Fiddlyfoo to another Meditite, it was a sad loss, one that could have been prevented. But alas, I was distracted for a slight moment and accidently ordered Fiddlyfoo to use Confusion, forgetting that the other Meditite was using Bide. It was a loss reminding my to keep my head in the game. It is after all not a game. Oh, wait.

Mt. Coronet.

After sending Fiddlyfoo to the box, may she rest in Ripperonies, I went to the nearest entrance of Mt. Coronet to train of my anger at what I had let happen because of my stupidity. Remembering that I hadn't had an encounter there yet, I turned a bit more hopeful. It was a female Machop that I encountered. After a rather boring fight, Fui joined my team. She is rather Naive, having No Guard for her ability. I guess she will do fine in our little team of misfits. Meanwhile, Zazzle continues to bring me Antidotes. I am starting to be convinced that someone is planning against me.

Eterna City

Well, my team is a nice rounded level 19 and I feel ready to take on the gym. Turns out that when having a Flying, Fire, and Bug/Flying Pokémon that the Eterna Gym is a bit of a joke. I flew through it and now we are once again standing on the streets, but now with a second badge in the pocket.

Current team.
    [​IMG]
    Chimkey the Male Monferno Lv. 20
    Bold Nature, Blaze
    * Scratch
    * Flame Wheel
    * Ember
    * Mach Punch
    [​IMG]
    King the Male Luxio Lv. 19
    Mild Nature, Rivalry
    * Tackle
    * Bite
    * Charge
    * Spark
    [​IMG]
    Gio the Male Staravia Lv. 21
    Serious Nature, Keen Eye
    * Tackle
    * Growl
    * Quick Attack
    * Wing Attack
    [​IMG]
    Zazzle the Female Pachirisu, LV 19
    Calm Nature, Pick up
    * Spark
    * Bide
    * Quick Attack
    * Charm
    [​IMG]
    Grungus the Male Beautifly, Lv, 20
    Serious Nature, Swarm
    * Harden
    * Gust
    * Stun Spore
    [​IMG]
    Fui the Female Machop, LV 19
    Naive Nature, No Guard
    * Seismic Toss
    * Focus Energy
    * Karate Chop
    * Foresight

Box Pokémon: 2

Eddie the Female Geodude. LV 17
    Fountain the Female Buizel. LV. 16

Ripperonies: Inhabitants 5

Fiddlyfoo the Female Meditite, Lv. 16. Another Meditite was better than you.

Xarn likes this.
  9. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    LOL, Eterna Gym will be so easy!

I want to add my favourite part from the update and I quote... "Fiddlyfoo the Female Meditite, Lv. 16. Another Meditite was better than you."

hahaha XD

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Hahaha "box ripperonies".... "miracle from Arceus" is an exception :'D
    Honestly I didn't ever realise that it's possible for a Pokémon to evolve after fainting, but I guess that is so, kinda weird when phrased like that.