Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GhastEmpoleon, Sep 25, 2019.
So Mario Kart is mobile now. Are you going to download it, and if you have, what do you think of it?
I've been playing it periodically throughout the day, and I have a few things to say about it.
- The gameplay itself is fine. Feels significantly slower than standard Mario Kart, but it controls far better than I expected for a phone game. That being said, I still prefer how the newer Mario Kart games feel, but this definitely is still pretty good.
- Drifting is broken even more so in this game than in other Mario Karts. If you drift left and hold far right, for example, then you can drive in a straight line while drifting. This makes it super easy to get mini turbos and makes it so in almost all scenarios you should be drifting.
- Gacha aspect...while I do wish it wasn't like this, it's at least tolerable. I do want to drive the Flame Flyer with Luigi th-
- ...apparently Luigi isn't playable yet. From what I've heard, at least. Why?? Why would you include Peachette in the base game over Luigi? This makes me very sad.
- A lot of the courses in this game are taken straight from DS / 3DS which makes me sad. I wanted to see some new ones but I only got to play one of them...at least we get a lot of the better tracks from said games.
Overall a decent game, I love Mario Kart so I'm happy but it's not the best Mario Kart game of course. Just look at it as its own thing and don't compare it to anything else, you'll enjoy it for sure.
No Luigi, 0/10
Seriously, it's not bad. People are salivating for a Mario Kart 9 (even though 8D is such an insanely good game that it can stand as the definitive entry in the series until the next system comes out), so of course they are going to be disappointed with a mobile game that immensely simplifies the formula in order to work effectively on a mobile device.
My gripe with it is the need to pay a subscription fee for 200cc. I understand the need to maintain and fix various issues within the game, something that most console/PC games don't need to worry about, but $20/month seems a bit much since it's just the one mode. The fact that we can grind in-game currency with relative ease for additional items is not a big deal; it's far better than FEH's orb situation...
Out of curiosity, is Daisy available?
I'm like 99% sure she is.
Do you pull her from the pipe or earn her?
Ok but a bunch of people were talking about it at my school and I saw some people playing it and I honestly wasn’t expecting that. I also wasn’t expecting a Mario gacha game. That’s... weird. But oh well. I currently suck a lot but hopefully I’ll get better.
I have had it pre-ordered for a while now, I like to support Nintendo media when possible, and I think it's decent. I don't mind the gacha aspects in general, but rubies seem hard to come by. and there doesn't seem to be a free pull. this wouldn't be too bad, except that drivers, karts, and gliders are all in the same gacha. makes it less satisfying in my opinion.
I Am Still Playing It As I Writing This. I
t's Okay Since I Played Mario Kart Wii Before, But This Phone Allow Me To Able To Experience The Gilders Features From Mario Kart 7 Onwards.
As For Dirting, It's Wired At First. I Am Using Manual Difting Since The Beginning And Now, I Am Really Used To It. In Fact, I Can Make Ultra Mini-Drift Boost For Couple Times.
The Only Problem Is Since It's Newly Launched, All The Cup Are Not Completed. And Why The Heck They Need The Gold Pass For When We Actually Can Win Some Prizes Like Kart And Drivers During The Events Like The Current Pipe Events!?
I haven't gotten her; I've seen a number of other people using her, though.
I Did Get Her. She Can Be Earned By Getting Enough Grand Stars With Tour Gift. Although I Forget How Many Grand Stars Needed To Get The Tour Gift That Include Daisy Inside.
I ended up uninstalling the game--the idea of paying real money for what should be open didn't sit well with me.
To be fair, it does require money to upkeep even mobile games, especially for all the new stuff they will eventually add.
For now, I'll just watch and see how things develop
I'm not a super snob when it comes to most series... but I am with Mario Kart. It's hard for me to find a game in the series that I love (Mario Kart Wii stands nearly alone here). Mario Kart Tour makes it difficult to love it. Gacha is a typical thing for mobile games, but it doesn't make it any better for me. Additionally, the lack of Luigi is an incredibly strange oversight that I don't quite understand. Did they intend to exclude him at launch? Will he serve a purpose later? The game will be fun for people who can't afford Nintendo consoles, sure, but it is certainly not for me.
I Actually Also Uninstall The Game, But Because Of Interest. I Already Losing Interest To Continue Playing.
Well, due to my best friend begging me to install it, I did. Uninstalled it after like 20 minutes.
I kinda expected more. Yes, I know that it is a mobile app and the stuff that comes with that, though I find myself still not happy with that. And I don't like the controls of this game. So yeah, didn't really like it.