1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Maxie vs. Archie

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by DIO, May 10, 2015.

?

Archie or Maxie?

1. Archie

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Maxie

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    [​IMG]

No, this isn't another "Team Aqua vs. Team Magma" thread. Which one of the two Hoenn evil team leaders do you like better and why? The red-dressing, land-loving nerd Maxie, or the blue-clothed water enthusiast pirate Archie?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I love both a lot, but my vote is slightly more in favor of Archie. He's such a cool character, I love his design and his general attitude. He was one of my favorites back in RSE, and his redesign and involvement in ORAS just made him better, in my opinion.

Plus, I have a bit of a bias towards pirates. That helps, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Maxie seems more cold and calculating. His plan is founded on Science and not on passion. He's doing what he thinks is right.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Uh, I personally prefer Maxie for the reason that I like Ruby (Pokédex Holder), and I had to face off Maxie. Then, I grew use to him, and I enjoyed his way of talking... so reasonable... calculated...

Anyway, Ho-Oh, whose opinion I can't ignore, would vote for Archie for the reason of giving her a laugh by his tone, as well as being a very powerful trainer going after Kyogre.

5. AzrielCais

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Honestly I loved both characters, but I enjoyed Archie more. His personality was more fun and energetic, and it really suited him as a pirate. He also doesn't show that much disappointment in losing, giving a "would you lookat dat" kind of reaction.

Maxie, on the other hand, I could kinda relate to, being cold and calculating myself. I just didn't really like how highly he felt of himself though. But then again, his loss reaction is hilarious!

[​IMG]

6. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Archie, because he makes the better villain character-wise. Pirates (which is what Team Aqua essentially is) are naturally criminals. He doesn't fit well playing as a good guy. Maxie, on the other hand, is bland to the point where he is mediocre as both a good and bad guy.

7. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I love them both, but I find Archie a little funnier. Archie's redesign has a much bigger impact than Maxie's. Plus, he's a bloody pirate! Can't get better than that.

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I never played OmegaRuby, but I still think I'd like Maxie better. Sure, Archie's likely the more enthusiastic and gung-ho of the two leaders, but Maxie I think might have a better-developed master plan.

Or maybe it's just that I don't like Archie by proxy of Matt. My bro this, my bro that. Archie, I'd admire you more if you kept more sophisticated company.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm gonna pick Maxie. I just prefer his design, his character and everything about him. Archie is interesting but he's too loud! No thanks.

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Maxie is so underloved. v.v He gets my vote because I love his design and I've never been too fond of the brash and gruff characters like Archie even if he is awesome (especially his VS animation). Both are great, though, and are probably the only few villainous team leaders I like overall. Fantastic improvement over R/S!

11. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    *Chanting* "B A R A" " B A R A" "B A R A"

I like Archie more honestly, maxie is cool,

but

"BA R A " B A R A " B A R A"

12. Weaselbear

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I like Maxie better. Not any good reason for it besides the fact that I find him sexy. <3

13. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I have a thing for nerdy guys, so Maxie is my favorite. Archie is pretty cool too, but I don't have Alpha Sapphire so I can't really say anything.

But I ship both of them. Hardenshipping FTW!

14. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    Even though I play Sapphire I'll have to go with MAXIE OF TEAM MAGMA

15. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I like Archie better because for the leader of an evil organization he's so... laid back. Like Maxie's so uptight and Archie just really isn't.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I liked Archie better because of his design and personality. He seemed like a psychopath, but hey, at least he was a pirate-like psychopath right?
    Really, I felt like his design really fit his overall demeanor.

17. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I loved Archie! He was fun and I loved his little nickname "scamp" lol
    I also like Maxie, but Archie stood out for me.

18. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I have to say that Archie is a close favorite for me. Maxie is cold and calculating through science, which I relate too, but I have to say the passion of Archie was awesome. Also pirates always win!

19. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB3ke3e_QKE

Decisions, desisions...

I'd go maxie. He just seemed so much more threatening and more... well... evil!

20. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Archie!
    I like his character design more, and his character is slightly more interesting than Maxie.
    Plus, I like Water Pokémon more than Fire Pokémon ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.