1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

May or Brendan?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 25, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Which character did you choose to play as in R/S/E: girl or boy? Which did you prefer overall? :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    I didn't play RSE but for AS I'm gonna choose May because she's very pretty and the guy's clothes is ugly. All for fashion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I played as a boy, because I am one xD I still always play as a boy for that same reason.

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    When I first played RSE, I chose boy (because I didn't realize being a female was an option). I personally like the female character though since her hair isn't a lie (darn white beanie). I also think the designs were really cute so I was fine with either one.

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I played Ruby with May, because I had been watching the anime and was like :O "That's May!" Even named myself May, haha. In Emerald though I choose Brendan.

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I always chose the girl and cycled through various names haha. I only remember Marina though.

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I still haven't decided on who I will play as in OR/AS... Of course the most logical choice would be Brendan, simply because I am a boy myself, but I don't know, maybe I'll play as a female in the games...

8. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I actually liked Brendan's design back in the day, in fact R/S/E were the only games I ever played as the male sometimes (without being forced to), but I loved May's even more. She's so adorable!

9. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I like Brendan's design. He has got that awesome hat that I thought was his hair for a while.

10. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    I always choose the female character (maybe because I am a girl). I quite like Brendan's dialogues to the female protagonist. It's like he turns from mentor/rival to a really close pal.

11. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    In SRE I usually chose the boy because I preferred the male sprite and character design. But for AS I picked the female character and I really like her more than the male character but decided to give him a shot in OR. I am still undecided on that...

12. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    This is really hard for me to admit but.....I originally played as a girl who i named after my childhood friend but later restarted with a boy.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I personally wouldn't want to admit it, but back when I was a kid, playing the original Sapphire, I chose to play as May mainly because I watched the anime and then thought, "That's May!" and realised it was the May from the same game, so I chose to play as her (and I'm a guy). i.e. I named the character 'May', needless to say. Although I play as various characters in other games (Kellyn, Lucas, Hilbert, Wes, etc.).

Nearly twelve years later! And I still choose to play as May when I got my copy of Alpha, just for tradition's sake (and maybe because I'm conservative...?). I'm still content with playing like that.

14. Ryex

Ryex A nerd

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.7
    I chose Brendan for it, but I still realized that the female character was May, and since I LOVE the Hoenn games and anime, I just geeked out. Also, Advanceshipping shall always win. Ryex, use teleport! *Poof*

15. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I definitely prefer Brendan's design overall, I'm not a huge fan of May. I sometimes played as a girl in some of my runthroughs of RSE, but Brendan's design is still my favorite.

16. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I used to play as the female characters all the time but now I usually pick the male characters, which applies to May and Brendan also. Design-wise I prefer Brendan a bunch. There's something I find annoying about May's character, too :/

17. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I chose the male character since I am male. It's okay though, because I've always liked May as the rival better anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.