1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

May the Fourth be with you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SnowboundBecca, May 4, 2017.

1. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Today is Star Wars Day! :D

Star Wars has been an influential series in science fiction for years. Spaceships, lightsabers, the force and the dark side... A lot of common fiction tropes originated from Star Wars, and it's hard to see how most games, movies and other media would look if this series never existed. And the fan base is still standing to this day.

Once in a while, my family and I would go out to see the new Star Wars movies at the theater together, because we all love this series. Rogue One was the most recent we've seen, and I thought it was pretty good (especially with the cameos of familiar characters).

What are you favorite moments with Star Wars?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    My moment was probably this one...
    Obi: Anakin! What took you so long?
    Anakin: Sorry, Master. I couldn't find a speeder that I liked.
    If the dialogue isn't completely correct, I'm sorry. I just finished watching The Last Jedi trailer, and I'm just kinda like MIND BLOWN OVER HERE
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    My fave is the Anakin vs Obiwan fight! It was really climatic :)

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I've always liked General Grevious, and I love everything revolving around my favorite BB-8! I watched the trailer for The Last Jedi the day it came out, and I'm so hyped for Episode 8!

Arc1Dragon likes this.
  5. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Star Wars is definitely one of the coolest things ever made. A memory I have of it was when I was younger me and my brother thought we were going to watch Star Wars for the first time that night so we got out our Lego Star Wars minifigures together. Turns out we weren't watching it. Eventually we did see it and it was great. Also whenever a new episode of Star Wars Rebels comes out or when a new SW movie comes out I always joke and tell my friends a "spoiler" like "there's a storm trooper in it" or "a ship blows up".

May the Fourth be with you everyone!

6. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    My whole family is star wars nuts. We seriously cannot have anyone named Luke or the jokes would never end ("No Luke, I am your *insert relation here*" or "so, Luke has a sister/brother")

But from the series, episode 6 when Luke goes to kick a guy but his foot doesn't even touch em. Best moment ever.

And any quotable Darth Vader moment. Just Yas

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have to say the canteena scene with Han shooting first has to be one of my favorites.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Loved almost everything without Jar Jar Binks in it. Sadly, I am one of the few people who actually appreciate Qui-Gon, so that dumb Gungan diminished the only movie he was in.

9. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I think I've said this before but I'll say it again, seeing Rey in the newest movie was emotional because it was like seeing something I never knew I was needing :'D I always felt like I should love the series more than I did, it was cool and all but not quite grab me by the heart like Pokémon does. And then I was like THIS IS IT! IT MEANS SOMETHING TO ME NOW!

10. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My favorite movie was Episode three cause there was a coup in it and fun stuff like that and the new stuff is just pure trash to me cause the story of the new movies were either copy and paste from another movie or it just never made sense to begin with.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Best Star Wars moment: When I played SW Battlefront 2 (2005 the good one) for the first time. The movies were great, but there were a lot of really good SW's games as well. Good fighter games, good shooters, and even a game that fleshes out the pre-Episode 1 Star Wars era which I didn't know I wanted until I got it. We really haven't seen any Star Wars games at all in recent years, (I chose to pretend that EA's battlefront doesn't exist). It shames me to think that we might not ever get any more Star Wars games. Just think what a good SW dog-fighting game would be like on today's machinery.

12. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Did you ever get the chance to play Republic Commando? Cause that was my favorite Star Wars game...

13. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    And also with you....headdesk

And now it’s Revenge of the Fifth :D

14. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I haven't played it, but I know its very good too. Don't have the time to play it right now though. It be great if we could get a squeal in this era without it getting ruined.

Laserdragon14 likes this.