1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega Evolution Ideas

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by phineas81707, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    As part of an upcoming idea I had, I invented several new Mega Evolutions. That concept got me to thinking: if you could Mega Evolve a Pokémon who has yet to receive a Mega Evolution (released or otherwise), what would its Ability be, what would its Type be, and what inspires you to choose those? (You can make up your own Abilities, if you explain what they do, and why they fit)

I won't say all of the ones I Mega Evolved, because that is 18 new Megas out of 32 total to make an appearance, but I will mention a few.

*Mega Kingdra, still Water Dragon, but with the Ability Mega Launcher. It looked like something that would be a cannon.

*Mega Hydreigon, a Steel Dragon, with the Ability Dark Aura. I'm bringing back the idea that Hydreigon is based on tanks (hence Steel), and something like Hydreigon certainly looks like it should have Dark Aura.

*Mega Delcatty, still pure Normal, but with the Ability Fur Coat. Delcatty looks like it's wearing a Fur Coat more than Cinccino, and it could use the defensive buff.

*Mega Empoleon, an Ice Steel, with the Ability Heatproof. Now it's more of a penguin, and Heatproof due to it's Water-type origins.

2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I love some of these ideas, but some of them would remove what makes these Pokémon great currently.

Kingdra: I'm not a huge fan of this one. I don't see the need for another mega launcher Pokémon, especially considering kingdra has 2 sets which can be very effective. That and the fact that the only two moves that kingdra could use to take advantage of his ability would be dragon pulse and water pulse, meaning every mega kingdra would run those two moves. If it was me I would base mega kingdra around its critical hit set, as its pretty much the only Pokémon which can use this set effectively.

Hydreigon: I like the idea of its ability, I just don't know if they want to keep it as an yveltal exclusive. I can imagine some very creative design choices for this guy :)

Delcatty: I love this idea! Delcatty has access to some great moves such as cosmic power, heal bell, wish, helping hand and simple beam. I can imagine some very cool strategies with mega delcatty and the ability fur coat would definitely make up for its lack luster defences (which would hopefully get buffed anyway).

Empoleon: The idea is great, but its unlikely they would remove its water typing considering it is a water type starter. Design-wise, if this happened it would be awesome! :)

I personally would love to see Pokémon in RU/NU who currently get outclassed by other Pokémon to get megas. For example kecleon (outclassed by greninja). I think there's a lot of potential for this mega. It would keep its protean ability, but maybe loose some speed and have buffs in defences and physical offense. In competitive, it would run similar to its current AV set, but have access to recover for sustain and to prolong its sweep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Actually, a Mega Kingdra with even more crit would fit my original intention perfectly! I knew this was a good idea.

4. Soujouki

Soujouki Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    There are quite a few Pokémon I'd like to see with Mega Evolutions, if not for looks then for the stat boosts. These are some of the main ones, though:

Mega Parasect

I'd love to see a Mega of Parasect where its mushrooms get even more out of control. I'm not exactly sure what it would look like, but I feel like it'd get a huge boost to Attack and Defense and would have either Poison Touch or Mummy in order to "infect" other Pokémon, since it's based off of the "zombie fungus" cordyceps.

Mega Kecleon

I'd really like to make use of Kecleon, but I feel like its stats are pretty mediocre. I'd give it a more ninja-like appearance to go with its theme of blending into its surroundings, and give it a boost to Attack and Speed to make it more of an offensive Pokémon. It would probably keep Protean as its ability.

Mega Octillery

Because Octillery with Mega Launcher needs to be a thing (Although it would then need to learn all of the moves that benefit from it). It would probably have a bigger face-cannon, and its rear tentacles would probably become little mini-cannons of their own since it doesn't seem to use them to brace recoil (watch its special attack animation). It'd get a boost to its already obscene Sp. Attack, and a boost to Speed at the cost of some Attack power.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I really want to see Mega Milotic, with the changed Water/Fairy typing. Make it look even more majestic as it already was!!!

MotherOfDragonites likes this.
  6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    You know what'd be awesome for gen 3 remakes: MEGA FLYGON, give me this thing and OR/AS are gonna be my new favourite games.

Also a pegasus based fire/fairy mega rapidash would be cool.

7. MotherOfDragonites

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @AstralDragon: Mega Milotic sounds amazing! I've always loved how majestic it looked, but never been a fan of it's singular water typing. Wished it gained a secondary typing such as dragon.

@karatekid770: A flying Rapidash? *drools* A flying horse Pokémon would make my day.

8. Luky1

Luky1 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I hope for Mega Milotic too!

Mega Shuckle: Boost at Defense, Special Defense and HP (So he doesn't need to share highest Def with Mega Aggron), Ability Contrary (Shuckle+Contrary+Shell Smash)
    Mega Slowking: If they are adding Mega Slowbro Whynaut (get the joke?) Mega Slowking

9. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Flying Rapidash would make it Fire/Flying....*Stealth Rock winks*

I want Mega Haxorus with either Huge Power/Speed Boost/ an ability that would prevent it from getting burned/paralyzed/ and confused.

10. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    If you're Mega Evolving a Rapidash, isn't it already in the field? I don't get why people say Mega Evolutions are affected by Stealth Rock...

11. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    What if you have to switch out then switch back in and gets hit by stealth rocks????

12. duckberg

duckberg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I would love for them to give exploud a mega evolution. I have no idea for design, but a boost in defenses and SpA. with maybe speed boost?

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Mega Exploud would be really cool. A boost in Speed and Sp.Atk with the ability Adaptability would make it a monster. Speed boost is too redundant for Exploud where as Adaptability would make the already super powerful Boomburst badly damage even the strongest of Pokémon.

14. duckberg

duckberg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    What about Magic Guard Mega-Volcarona? It would take away the gigantic weakness to rocks that it has.

15. Nightowl24

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    We need a mega noctowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.