1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega Evolution?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This feature was introduced and then abandoned in these new games. Would you rather there be more Megas getting introduced or continue to not add any more? I would love to see Alolan forms get megas, also alolan Pokémon but firstly alolan forms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I want Mega Evolutions back. But I rather not see a whole lot more. Also, I am not a fan of how Nintendo/GF is handling the distribution of the Mega Stones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    They still own us the Megaevolutions that are still unreleased. The actual distribution system is really dissapointing. But! The Mega-Ultra Beats are possible? dun dun dunnn

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I would love to see at least a few more Megas come out before they entirely abandon them. I'd like to see something for the Tapus, or for other Alolan Pokémon like Lycanroc or Mimikyu.

5. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I definitely want to see some more Mega Evolutions as well. As I've said before, they really do help weaker Pokémon become much more reliable and powerful. Usually sweepers, but that's beside the point.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I admit that I would like a few more Mega's but from the later gen that didn't get the love the other gens did in this regard. New gens deserve mega's too!

7. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I want them back, and I also want to see some new ones! Megas shouldn't have to be a Gen6 focus, and definitely NOT a Kanto/Hoenn mon exclusive thing.

As much as I want new megas, I know they won't add new ones because Z Moves are the focus this Gen. Shame really...

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    There's so much potential for cool megas in Gen VII. A mega Oricorio would be pretty cool. Or megas for some of the Eevee evolutions or the other starters. They still kept mega evolution possible in these games, but it's just weird that something that had become such a major feature became so minimal.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't really care if we get more megas to be honest, I just hope they're not as poorly distributed in USM as they are in SM. If new megas come they'l' probably give several mons that don't really need a mega a mega form.

10. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    It would be cool but we're more likely to get more z moves than more mega evolutions. Megas were pushed aside to focus more on z moves in this gen and inf there's a gen 8, the same thing will happen to z moves to focus on whatever new feature in battles is.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they dropped Mega Evolution ever further by removing the mechanic and just making it so that Pokémon with mega forms transform for their z-moves then change back. Although I prefer Mega Evolution and would love to see them make a comeback.

12. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I would honestly like to see mega evolutions for alolan forms. I think that that would be something that would be really cool and a way to make old Pokémon more relevant again.

Mandriel likes this.
  13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    As I prefer Mega Evolution of Z-Moves, I really want to see more of it in later games. Though, I don't know how likely it is that it'll be expanded on in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I too would like to see some Alolan forms Mega Evolving, and I also wouldn't mind a Mega Jynx. I get that it's not an incredibly popular Pokémon, but Electabuzz and Magmar have both gotten evolved forms and Jynx hasn't gotten as much attention.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think the whole point of the z moves was to give Pokémon unique attacks that look cool. So couldn't they just do that with better animations for the moves already in the game? I think I'd prefer more megas, though there really would be a lot of stones if they added more.

15. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    As much as I'm still holding out for Megas for Pokémon like Sylveon or Decidueye, I doubt either. Mega Evolutions seemed to have been just a ORAS/X/Y thing, and I think the lack in S/M was a way to ease us out.
    #MissingNo

16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Some of the newer mega Pokédex entries allude to the fact that mega-evolving can potentially harm the Pokémon, so I think Nintendo is slowly moving away from mega evolutions. Honestly, I think mega evolutions may have just been an easy way for Nintendo to add "new" Pokémon without actually creating new mons. Then again, I'd love to see a mega evolution of Mimikyu :D