1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega Evolutions

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cobalt, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

Pokémon USA has now made a video about it on their main channel. This gives us information we probably already knew, and announces a Torchic event. The Torchic will be holding a Mega Stone, which will not be availabe during normal gameplay, and is what allows Blaziken at the very least into it's Mega Form.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm getting that Torchic >:(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pokegirl1116

Pokegirl1116 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    The concept of Mega From is okay to me. I don't how some of them look(like Mega Mewtwo, and Ampharos), but the fact they get even stronger in Mega From is cool. I'm thinking of even using one of them through my play through in Pokémon Y.

4. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I have also considered this, thanks to my best friend Hunter for talking and showing me this. The new Mega forms actually resemble an X(Blaziken, Lucario) or Y(Mawile, Mewtwo). I have never thought of this and it clearly looks like it is in fact the shapes of X's and Y's

5. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I also thought of something. Since you can't get the mega stones in-game, that would open up a perfect opportunity for them to make DLC for all of the mega Pokémon and give torchic as a freebie.

Shadow Blaze likes this.
  6. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Sachi-Shimazu and Banshee like this.
  7. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I love these mega formes... So much... I just... Give them to me! Please!

Ampharos... You have just fabulous hair. What hair product do you use? xD

I like the idea of getting a type change in the middle of battle. It just sounds like a good idea to me. It'd be great if you needed one. However, it would also kind of suck if you had out an Ampharos and were battling a Fairy Type, then had your type changed to being part Dragon.

8. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Okay, I don't really like the concept of Mega Evolutions, to be honest. Yeah, I know some of the Pokémon needed an extra boost like Mawile but Mewtwo and Blaziken? They're already powerful as they are now.
    Plus, some of the Mega Forme design looks kinda weird to me. Mega Blaziken almost looks like White Kyurem (I think)
    But, it's still too early to judge. I'm still going to give it a chance, though. Who knows? I might end up loving this whole Megamon thing instead.

9. Sekigahara

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm okay with this idea. I means Mewtwo wasn't totally ruined for me. I kid, I kid. i think Absol looks pretty...well, pretty. It's that fur. Ampharos...I love its Mega Evolution. Everytime I've played Silver or SoulSilver, I've always lovingly raised an electric sheep. That wool/hair/whatever is simply divine.

I came across someone who thought this mega-evolution thing makes it too Digimon-ish since these mega-evolutions last the duration of the battle. I shrugged at that since the hoard battles already give a distinct Final Fantasy or DragonQuest feel. Why not a Digimon feel? These mega forms are optional all around so no one's forcing you use the Mega Stones. Don't like Absol's mega form? Don't have to use the Absolnite.

10. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Meh... this is just not right. Making all these mega Pokémon... I would much, much rather prefer an alternate evolution, for even the starter, or a different form in the case of mewtwo. Mawile can evolve normally, he deserves it. But this mega-evolution thing just isn't right... not to mention the names have absolutely no creativity. At least for electabuzz or magmar or sneasel... they didn't add an -ite to their name for the item.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]

This isn't a joke.

12. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Mega Kangaskhan revealed. Its ability allows it to attack twice. Also you can only have one Mega Pokémon per battle.

13. froaking#1

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Two giga impacts in one turn from mega kangaskhan, now that's overpowered. Btw, as u can see by my new picture, im in love with mega blaziken.

14. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    Finally Baby Kangaskhan gets some love!

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Wait so..Mega Kangaskhan is the baby form? Seems..uh..interesting. Well, the mega forms being temporary make me dislike the concept less.

16. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I have to disagree with you on that one, because i was really hoping for them to be permanent.

17. Tamashiii

Tamashiii Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I love Mega Kangaskhan, not the others though. I don't know what to think about the whole "Attack Twice" ability, cause it seems OP in so many ways, but then again it really improves Kangaskhan. Ampharos just didn't deserve something that made it worse.

18. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I don't really see how Ampharos got worse. The Dragon typing did give it some extra weaknesses (and yes, that does include fairy) but also gave it a resistance to fire, grass, and water, and a 4x resistance to electric. That with mold breaker sounds pretty sweet to me ^-^ And if he gets stat boosts too like some of the others, then that could be nice as well.

I still don't really understand Kangaskhan's mega evolution... so it's like, Kangaskhan attacks once, and its baby attacks a second time? That'd be kinda interesting if used properly. But pretty darn powerful.

19. Tamashiii

Tamashiii Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Well, by worse, I really mean Design-Wise imo. It looks really old, I wonder if Flaffy and Mareep will have that hair as well.
    That's what I wonder, is it only the Pokémon that have been revealed, as in Full Evolved Pokémon, cause Combusken would be nice to see, Riolu as well.

20. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    To me it makes more sense for it to be only the fully evolved forms. Another advantage to getting your Pokémon evolved, I guess... I don't know exactly how it makes sense to me to be entirely honest. It just kind of... Does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.