1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega Evolutions

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cobalt, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I doubt they will change the designs of previously made Pokémon, or make these mega-forms for things unevoled. That doesn't seem logical.

2. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Gahd. So many changes to the gameplay. I think I'm getting dizzy. Pretty cool, though. I really want to have an Absol and Ampharos even more now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Still not sure how I feel about this concept. It sounds interesting, but like a few other people said, it reminds me a bit too much of Digimon. But. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing, haha. I do applaud Game Freak for stepping out of their comfort zone and trying something different. I just don't understand why Mawile and Absol didn't get regular evolutions.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get used to the Mega idea once I actually play the game of course.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm happy beyond belief that Absol got this instead of a full evolution. I honestly love Absol so much that I didn't want to end up having to move away from him completely to get a power boost. I guess that would kind of depend on what the evolved form would have looked like, but I just couldn't get the idea to grow on me. However, now that we've got a mega evolution on him that means that we can get the stat boost and not have to evolve entirely into something different. We're getting the stat and design boost that so many people wanted for Absol and I'll be able to revert between the mega and the normal.

5. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    You know, I didn't think of it that way. It's like the best of both worlds. I kinda wish this had existed earlier for older Pokémon such as Magmar, Rhydon, Tangela, ect, instead of giving them new evolutions back in Gen 4.

6. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Eh i still hope there are more Pokémon that get the ability to have a Mega Evolution. It'd be unfair for the others (especially fans of Pokémon not mentioned) if only the ones announced are the ones that can do this.

I also hope they aren't going too overboard with all the new additions to the game. Sometimes too many new things at once can actually do damage. I'm still interested on buying it (hell I pre-ordered it back in March) but it's just the idea that's beginning to linger in my mind now. >>;

7. Sekigahara

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    That actually is normal to me because I've played (and beat) DragonQuest VIII where the bosses starting with Dhoulmagus attack twice in one turn. Is it annoying? Yes. Overpowered? I don't think so. The bosses from Dhoulmagus on up had some major kick but with proper grinding, they were survivable.

8. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I like the idea a lot, but I think some of the Pokémon weren't ready for their new forms yet. Mawile and Absol looked like they could have developed more through evolution before being given a mega form. Others are fully developed Pokémon, so the idea of this optional boost is good. But for Mawile, for example, it wasn't developed. It still looks like it needs to evolve and develop before this form becomes relevant. There's no point giving it an awesome factor if it could still evolve.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    After rethinking it, I still don't like the idea much. It doesn't seem all that useful. Yeah, some of them look cool, but, they completely botched Absol. I don't think it needs anything evolution wise. It's good the way it is now. I can't drag myself away from thinking how pointless they are. You get jacked on steroids for one battle and it's over. Whoop de doo.

10. Tobias

Tobias That Divergent fan.

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Could have sworn I replied to this...

Anyway, I like and dislike the Mega evolutions. I like them because of their design and I can't wait for the official sprites. I DISLIKE them because they made the versions wayyy too advanced and it's not like the older games because they will be really overpowered. Lucario is overpowered already and Blaziken is already banned in OU. (inb4 all megas are banned)

11. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I bet there will be more. I'm hoping that I'll end up getting a Pokémon that's holding an item that I wouldn't have noticed and then ending up with some random mega evolution in the middle of battle happening, while I sit there like this: :o

12. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    I've come around to like this idea more, since it's only a temporary forme. It kinda gives the Pokémon a temporary evolution, you know? xD
    They did have to come up with something to make battles exciting, or else it would get old sooner or later o3o.
    And I like the decision of only being able to have 1 Mega Pokémon. It would be too easy then imo.

13. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I didnt like the idea of mega Pokémon. my boyfriend hates this idea because he wanted real evolutions for some Pokémon not just "mega" things.
    Anyway Pokémon will change slowly because they want to have new ideas in the games.
    surely, older fans will not like all of this at all.
    But I will wait what will come out.
    I just try to follow this rule:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_KFazcb3w
    So lets wait and see what also will come over in X and Y

14. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I honestly just didn't want Absol to get a full evolution. The idea didn't appeal to me at all because I like Absol being Absol. However, it was a Pokémon that a lot of people wanted to get the stat boost, and the mega forme is the perfect way to do this. I just want to be able to have my Absol, and use it as an Absol, with the option of evolving it up to mega whenever I want, while still being able to have the old Absol.

I said all this before, but I think it works better as something to reply to this post, and I'm not sure how I worded it before, so there. The point is just that I think the idea is a lot better than what a lot of people wanted, which was giving Absol a full evolution.

15. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    More Megamon were revealed in the CoroCoro leak, folks.
    [​IMG]
    This is Megamewtwo X, a Psychic/Fighting type. It's exclusive to Pokémon X and needs a Mewtwonite X to Mega-evolve. The previous Megamewtwo Gamefreak showed to us is called Megamewtwo Y. An exclusive to Pokémon Y and needs a Mewtwonite Y to evolve.
    [​IMG]
    Mega Garchomp, it has Sand Force as its ability. Now with scythes for hands and more spikes all over its body.

16. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Two Mewtwo forms huh? Well that's pretty neat. I was already sold on getting Y version for one particular exclusive and now this seals it even more, I like the other Mewtwo form much better. Mega Garchomp is pretty cool, but it's another Pokémon that doesn't need one. I hope they give Mega forms to some more weaker and deserving Pokémon as well.

17. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    I like the Garchomp one, but I'm gonna be pissed if this was emphasized over giving us more new Pokémon >>

18. sableyefan

sableyefan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Mind blown fact: Mega Pokémon is our answer to pokegods. I hope that most of the "pokegods" from generation 1 fandom get interpreted into mega evolutions. think about it: mega stone = mist stone, mega mewtwo = mewthree, and mega forme = 4th evolution!

From this, I am rooting for mega evolutions of nidoqueen and nidoking. I want it to happen!!

19. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0

Actually, Hate to tell you, but according to the leaks of corocoro all the ones that are going to get megas have been announced, atleast all the ones from prior generations...even though the list itself has not been confirmed or denied as such, it seems to be fitting to what they are doing. The Nidos were not included in the list of them.

[​IMG]

20. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    There will be a mega Drapion potentially? Hell yeah! I hope this list is legit, that's a solid selection
    even if there's no Mega Sandslash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.