1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega Evolutions

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cobalt, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Mega Luxray NEEDS to happen! I'd love it so much!

I know that already because all that happens with the megas is they get more hair. xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    That list has a really good selection of Pokémon. If it's real, I can't wait for a Mega Sableye and Machamp.

Shadow Blaze likes this.
  3. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    Y NO MEGA CHANDELURE?! >:I

Anyways, it kinda seems strange that they would just reveal a list of all the Mega Evos out of the blue like this if it turns out to be true. Hopefully it's just someone merely fooling some people. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    It seems kind of weird to me that only a random selection of Pokémon get Mega Evolutions. There seems to be NO criteria involved; some have a very low BST, some are already very very strong.

I want to believe that the above picture is false, but they've already set the randomness bar with the confirmed Mega Evoltions, so I guess that's a fine selection. Especially considering giving Mega Evolutions to every single Pokémon would be overkill anyway, in my opinion.

5. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Actually, I'd have to say it's real, considering this picture comes straight out of Corocoro magazine, I checked their official site and this is one of the pictures taken from it. The magazine itself doesn't detail why those Pokémon are there like that on the same page as the mega evolutions, it doesn't even give a description for the list at all, but from speculation it seems as though they'd be listing all of the ones that will get them. Game Freak has neither confirmed or denied these claims when asked about their inclusion in Corocoro, so it's safe to say that if they didn't deny it that it most likely is true.

Another thing to point out as to how it seems like this is what Corocoro was trying to tell us is the fact that all the ones that have Mega evos already, or are confirmed to get them, are included within this set. We already have the 3 Kanto starters, Kangaskhan, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Blaziken, Mawile, Absol, Garchomp, and Lucario. While rumors have already been spreading about Lapras, Scizor, Gardevoir, Gallade, Genesect, and the rest of the starters before this issue ever came out.

6. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    A big part of the reason I want to think that list is real is because of Wobbuffet. I'm just so curious as to how a mega of that thing would work out.

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    There's set to be another offocial announcement from Pokémon tomorrow, and I'm almost positive it will be about this. So not exactly out of the blue, it just so happens Japan through Corocoro happens to get it a little earlier.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I agree with Doima here. Japan usually gets things first, not to mention all the events they have exclusively. It'd make sense that they'd know first. Plus, it was bound to happen eventually, let's be real.

As for the selection, it seems to be either very popular Pokémon, or Pokémon that need a bit of a boost in some stats. That, and STARTER EVOS GALORE! I like the selection a lot, and I hope they don't screw others up like Absol. :/ I hope Gardevoir ends up looking similar to Banshee's design for CaP :D

9. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The only thing I'm disappointed with is that none of the bugs from Gens 1 and 3 are there, yet they have Heracross (which I think is stupid since it, and Pinsir, need evos to match them with Scizor first, so they don't need Megas yet) and Scizor from 2. There aren't enough bugs in the others either, and Considering Drapion isn't actually a bug type, it just seems like those that needed it did not get it. I would have loved to see ones like Beedrill, Butterfree, or Venomoth, maybe even Parasect. Ledian, Ariados, or Forretress would have been good too. Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, or Armaldo could have worked. Kricketune, Mothim, Vespiquen, or Yanmega would have been cool. Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Escavalier, or Accelgor would also have been nice choices to choose from.

Another thing that could have been done is they could have given all the Fossil Pokémon Mega evos.

10. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I like all the choices that GameFreak made for giving Pokémon Megaloutions, besides I think they should of added a couple more legendary Pokémon to recieve Megalutions.

11. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    I believe it's actually gonna be the announcement of the Gottacatchemall.com launch, considering it was accidentally uploaded the other day. >>

12. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    It was hilarious when they accidentally uploaded that instead of the Genesect trailer. xD

13. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    What Genesect trailer?

14. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    When the official Pokémon channel was uploading the trailer for the Genesect movie, they accidentally uploaded the gottacatchemall.com announcement video instead, and quickly removed it hoping no one would've noticed, but someone saved the video, so the "surprise" announcement wasn't exactly a surprise, considering the teaser imaged looked exactly like the very end of the video.

I was personally hoping for an official Pokémon Fansite catered towards the older fanbase considering Pokememes and the numerous fan videos on Youtube (and not to mention the "Gotta Catch EM All!" phrase was in retirement for almost a decade until now), but it's a cool little sweepstakes page though.: I

15. Reshilegend

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Mega. Charizard. X. Fire/Dragon.
    Can this game become even more awesome? Seriously, just look at it:
    [​IMG]

Trailer:

If every Mega gets an X evo...I think I picked the right version :3

16. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Charizard fan service... ... ...

Anyway, I have to say that seeing how it's a mega evolution, I prefer Mega Charizard Y. It stays a lot more true to Charizard. Mega Charizard X looks like a different Pokémon entirely. That's not to say it doesn't look cool. If you were to put two pictures in front of me of these megas and I didn't know what they were, I would say I like Charizard X more, the problem is though, that it doesn't really like like a mega, and instead like a different Pokémon entirely.

17. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    WHY IS CHARIZARD NOT A DRAGON TYPE WHY WHY IS CHARIZARD NOT HE LOOKS LI-

Shut up now they made one.

Looks pretty cool. Still getting Y version first.

18. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    The new Charizard mega evo for X looks pretty good, as it finally gets the Dragon type, after like....5 generations or so.

If this is actually legit, which it probably is cause of Corocoro, then these mega evolutions will be beast, I mean, A MEGA INFERNAPE!!! That is gonna look like a flaming Goku right there xD

19. Reshilegend

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Kinda doubt that the list is real, it isn't even from CoroCoro. Also I read somewhere that the japanese text doesn't make much sense, and we know that fake scans often have that attribute. As a wishlist, I support it though xD
    I imagine a Mega Dragonite with a mean look and slimmer body like its pre evos. And maybe some blue here and there.

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Two new possible Mega evolutions, click with caution:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.