1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Suggestion Memes in Discord

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by BlackSmithy, Jun 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Hello there! This post is about memes on LV’s official Discord server. Memes and funny pictures are a staple of any online chat room, and LV is no different. It is understandable that limits must be placed to prevent spam and keep the General channel clean, but a separate channel dedicated to memes is inconvenient and disrupts the normal flow of a conversation. A conversation cannot flow naturally while jumping between the general channel and the memes channel. I have a few suggestions on how to fix this if you’d like, though ultimately it’s up to staff to decide what to do.

Perhaps some sort of meme cap in which memes cannot be posted in succession or too close to each other? This would allow people to speak and read chats while still allowing for the occasional meme. Or perhaps make it mandatory to delete a meme once people have reacted.

These are just suggestions, but I hope you guys consider them. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I myself have my own thoughts on the subject. My own suggestion is for memes to be perfectly ok, if:
    • They add to the conversation fairly well (or are at least relevant) and arent just random memes for humor.
    • There hasnt been another one posted too recently.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    dont put your memes in general if it's not relevant

keep it simple

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Memes are rarely ever a necessary part of a conversation, nor do they help it flow.

The meme dump channel was created because memes were disrupting the flow of conversation, unnecessarily inserting themselves and consuming much screen revenue. You can discuss memes/things related to them in the meme-dump channel, but general is and will always be exclusively for actual conversations. Memes don't really fit into that, so I feel it is best to uphold the current rule we have.

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Hmm, well I do need the training to use the Dank background for youtube...

6. BlackSmithy

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    With all due respect, while memes aren’t necessary per se, many would agree that relevant memes are humorous and can add to a conversation if used correctly.

Memes can be an enhancement to a conversation provided they are relevant and humorous. However, I understand your decision to uphold the current rules and thank you for taking my request into consideration.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'll agree with you, they can, but the problem is they weren't. We do occasionally allow people to share memes if they're relevant to what's ALREADY being discussed, but if a convo is to be started based on a meme, meme-dump is perfectly acceptable for that imo.

8. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    While I am new to the site, I think a possible suggestion could be to create a 'general but with memes' style chat. So we can have a general chat room, and one where there can be meme-spams without disrupting the flow of conversation in general chat. While there is the meme-dump, that seems more like a place for just random uploads to go, rather than putting in reaction based memes after something has been said.

9. BlackSmithy

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    That’s a good idea, actually. This channel should be right next to general imo, that way it can be accessed easily.

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    a "general-but-with-memes" channel is pretty much already meme-dump though.

you can certainly make the argument that random uploads more fit meme-dump, but that's what a meme-general would devolve into anyway

Gwoomy likes this.