1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Memes of 2019

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    This year has been an interesting year for memes. Some iconic ones this year are baby Yoda, Area 51, woman yelling at a cat, and many others. What are some of your favorite memes from 2019? What was the best and worst meme this year?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    I loved the Area 51 memes! My favorite one was where a guy was launching a beyblade and the caption read “ The last thing in area 51 guard sees before he faints “ XDDDD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It has been quite the year for memelords everywhere. Its rare that memes blow up as much as they did for Area 51 so that was a highlight. Baby Yoda is pure gold and I love him for it. "OK Boomer" though recent has been a favorite of mine at work.

Steve Rogers going through history was another favorite.

4. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    It would have to be the Area 51 memes... because it is just such a stupid idea with hilarious results.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Idk, I wasn’t really a fan of the Area 51 memes, they all got annoying after a while in July, and of course the memes had a comeback in September when the raid actually “happened”. The same goes for “ok boomer”, which got really old really fast. The second time I heard it, I was already sick of hearing it. I also didn’t like the Shaggy memes because how is Shaggy more powerful than Shrek or Matt from Wii sports? These three in my eyes were easily my least favorite memes of this year.
    Some of my favorite memes from this year were Moto Moto, unsettled tom (I think that’s what it’s called), woman yelling at a cat, creeper aw man, Keanu Reeves, Winnie the Pooh, and mike wazowski with sulley’s face.