1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's Go Mew Included With PokéBall Plus

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Just announced @ E3. Mew will come with every PokéBall Plus. How do you feel about this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    This will be awesome! I was wondering on how they were going to intergrate Mew into all of this!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Well, they had to integrate Mew in somehow. Works for me. Except for the price; that is far too much. $10 would be much more reasonable price.

#3 Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    At least it's a way for us to get Mew at all. I think it was actually pretty smart of them to do it this way, as it will definitely sell more Pokéball plus'. I'm not all that happy about having to buy one of them to get a mew, but things could be worse.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Mew is the most frequently gifted Pokémon, but given it's centered around gen 1, I guess it makes sense. I already have a Mew, so I'm not overly eager to get it.

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Was low key hoping getting Mew would include looking under the truck but this is fine too. I was already planning on getting the Pokéball.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm not dropping 100 dollars for the whole package X_X I will say the idea of Mew being cute in the Pokéball accessory is adorable though.

8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I was suspecting this would be my main issue with the game when it was first announced, and it seems I'm right: cashgrabs.

I'm not getting Let's Go, but if I was, I wouldn't be willing to drop another forty USD on what is essentially an unnecessary add on to the game. I could do without a Mew if it means I get to keep a little more money in my pocket. But I guess they had to add in Mew somewhere along with a pitch to sell more of these little things...

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    My concerns are similar to Skittles' here.

I'm not exactly a fan of how Game Freak essentially locks Mew behind a paywall in order to sell more of these devices. But I mean... I guess as a business move it sort of makes sense because otherwise I feel they wouldn't really sell very many of these to begin with for the price point it's being sold for.

But hey, I'm definitely not knocking those who want to get it! I can see the appeal of wanting to feel more like a Pokémon Trainer; I just think it's not worth it personally unless it comes down like 20 bucks or so. It's rather expensive for what amounts to a single purpose controller...

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Not surprised Mew is with the controller I already anticipated them to do something like this but I don't agree with it. Is a 40-50 dollar controller that can't really be used for anything else but Let's Go I assume so is a high price to pay just to get the elusive Mew is ridiculously but the stuff for the Switch is already infamous for being pricey.

11. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’m probably going to get it only because I need mew.

12. Pikachulover0927

Pikachulover0927 PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽51.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Welp in that case I’m getting it for the Mew because Mythicals are always good to have. They’re much rarer than legendaries at this point especially the shiny forms. I wonder how you’re able to get the shiny Mythicals.

13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Probably not gonna get it, even with that. A bit too expensive

14. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    That's great but... eh, it just makes Mew feel less special.

15. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I don't really like the idea that I have to pay for Mew. Sure, the Pokéball+ can also be used as controller, but only for that game. So, I'll probably won't buy it, unless I change my mind or have too much money.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    While it would be fun to get the Mew, I have no interest in the Pokéball accessory. It's a good idea, which I support, but I'm just not interested in it personally. I also doubt those Pokéballs are particularly cheep to make, so I don't really have an issue with the price.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Nope. Nopity nope nope. I am not buying a teeny wiggly joycon in disguise for that much just for a pink bubblegum cat thing.
    Just... no.

18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Well that certainly gives me a legitimate reason to buy a Pokéball Plus... the price tag though, still pretty steep.