1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

MewThree or NewTwo

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Zisa, Apr 7, 2013.

Tags:
?

Newest form?

1. Awesome!

30.0%
  2. Terrible!

15.0%
  3. Not so sure . . .

55.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zisa

Zisa Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Ever since the latest update (As of April 7, 2013), tons of fanart has been leaking out on artistic websites and personal websites. While art is being shared, tons and tons of theories have been tossed out and some to be rumored. Some with new forms, like Deoxys and the space rocks, or maybe a clone of a clone. Or, my personal least favorite, Mewtwo evolving or morphing with Mew to make a totally new Pokémon. What do you think is the most reasonable theory?

2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'd say the most reasonable is a tie between a new form or a new clone entirely, with a new form being the most likely. I'm personally hoping for it to be a new clone, but I'd be happy with either. I think a fusion/evolution would be rather strange, especially for a Pokémon like Mewtwo. Either way, I do hope the backstory behind the new 'Two is a good one, as a great backstory often makes for a great Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Zisa likes this.
  3. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    im personally rooting for a new Pokémon rather than new forme. if mewtwo gets anew forme than none of the old Pokémon are safe and honesly we don't really need new forms to old Pokémon, its just kind of pointless, more like a redesign than anything and that's no fun. but i agree, a good back story is a must!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Zisa and moominmama239 like this.
  4. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I like to think that the new Mewthree is another clone of Mew, which explains its similarities with Mewtwo. It looks like Mewtwo's brother rather than a progression (because they aren't an evolutionary line), but it actually makes sense for it to look like that if you put it into context.

First off, you have Mew. Adorable, tiny thing. Then, you have its clone, Mewtwo, which looks like an alien kangaroo. But, he's downright out of control, extremely angry, and powerful. For this reason I don't think people are going to clone Mewtwo for a superior Pokémon, they'll clone Mew again, but do it right.

So that's why Mews two and three look similar. It's because they'd be cloned from the same source, which results in the basic shape that they share (i.e. alien kangaroo shape, rather than the tiny alien cat that Mew is).

I also like the theory that Genesect is related to Kabutops. That's another link that crosses the many generations.

Zisa, moominmama239 and Trainer_Ebony like this.
  5. moominmama239

moominmama239 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I have no idea, but as soon as I saw it this happened:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I do admit, I made this, but really, that thing protruding from it's head looks like a handle to me. -shrugs-

Zisa and Tomatketchup like this.
  6. Tomatketchup

Tomatketchup Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Better be Mewthree. All the fan Mewthrees are horrible and I wanna put 'em down. ._.

7. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    If it's called "Mewthree" it'll make the series look burned out and old, that's not a good name at all... If it's an all-new Pokémon, they better give it a good name.

Zisa likes this.
  8. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    So I don't know what I should think about this exactly...but I hope it's not a "new form" because I'm so tired of forms...Pokémon shouldn't have forms :|
    But I like how this new Pokémon looks like...don't know why. It looks like a cuter mewtwo :P
    Can't wait to get the name or type or something like that ^_^

9. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,542.1
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's an alternate forme of Mewtwo, possibly a more "perfect" clone of Mew. Perhaps an item in-game can be used on Mewtwo to "correct" the mistakes made when it was cloned and turn it into this forme.

Also, Kid Buu similarity, anyone?

Zisa likes this.
  10. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I agree with this, if it does actually turn out to be a new Pokémon. I'm not completely sold on that yet, they've been on a form kick lately.

Nate likes this.
  11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm sure hoping it's a fully brand new Pokémon! Would be pretty nice and an original idea. It would certainly be interesting if it wasn't even related to Mewtwo at all.

Nate likes this.
  12. Qvalador

Qvalador Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Well, I'm really torn on this one. It might be a Forme, because it's more similar to Mewtwo than Mewtwo is to Mew (try saying that five times fast), but on the flip side of that same coin, its eyes are a different color. I mean, usually, the eyes are similar or identical (in the exception of Shaymin, but pff), and Newtwo's eyes are... different. The Mewtwo-Mew thing seems implausible, but it would make sense.

I don't know. I was not expecting this at all.

13. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm not sure what to think. I really, really hope it isn't an alternate form...clone of a clone would be a neat concept, maybe. One thing's for sure, they certainly know how to keep us on edge...

14. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Perhaps this Pokémon will be a forced/induced evolution of Mew (as it wouldn't evolve naturally), setting it apart from Mewtwo where Mewtwo was a clone. Retains some similarities but is more complete than Mewtwo as this one grew from a Mew instead of being just a laboratory clone. Basically a new spin on the old Mew experiments, but this time with forced evolution instead of a clone from DNA.

..I'd prefer that to another form, anyway.

15. Froslass

Froslass Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽192.7
    I'm hoping it's a new Pokémon altogether.
    Also, am I the only one who thinks it's feet look weird? xD

He sorta looks like a younger version of MewTwo, no?

[​IMG]

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Not the only one, no. It's certainly a strange looking Pokémon and YES as a million people have said it does look like something out of Dragon Ball Z. It's design is ugly and I wouldn't use it even if it was amazing but still, I'm hoping for fans sake that it will be a good Pokémon which they will like.

17. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    It certainly does look like someone or "something" in dragon ball z. I mean, what the heck? Is that a Pokémon? And I thought Garborador (or whatever it's spelled) is ugly... The hell Nintendo?

18. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    At this point now that we know it's a forme I hope that any Mewtwo transferred into Gen 6 (or perhaps there will be one to catch?) can transform without some limited time special thing. While I'd rather a new Pokémon, I don't mind the design all that much and would like to transform my Mewtwo.

19. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I wonder what the forme will change. Stats? Typing? Moveset?
    And how will it change forms... Ideally you'd be able to change it back to regular Mewtwo whenever you wanted to.

20. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Posting this because it seems relevant:

[​IMG]

bubbie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.