1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mewtwo/Infamous

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Alex Russet, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Russet

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.3
    So, a while ago, I was thinking... What if there was a Pokémon spinoff based around Mewtwo using the Infamous game as inspiring? For those that don't know, infamous is a video game series where you play as a superpowered character and choose either a good or evil morality that affects the game's story. What if we put Mewtwo in that sort of game? Have it set in a city controlled by team rocket and go from there?

I'd like to see additions to the idea, if you have any.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've always admired Mewtwo, not only for his abilities, but for his character. Cold, driven, sure of his goals. You put those with the kind of speed, power, and skill that could make him a match for any superhero, and you've got a good concept.

Pokémon seems to be branching out into new territory lately, what with their puzzles and Pokken and whatnot. An open-world urban action game with freedom of moral choice? I would buy the heck out of that if it ever happened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Sounds like Pokémon GO XD

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Yeah, but with superpowers and Pokken-like (as in not turn-based) combat. So maybe if a DC superhero decided to PokeGo and maybe/probably be totally evil. Let's just hope Superman doesn't have a smart phone (and that we live in one of the 5% of DC alternate universes where he's not a supervillain, dictator, or (at best) a Chaotic-Neutral hero).

I think Mewtwo has a good motivation for morally ambiguous. Looking back at the first Pokémon movie (yeah, I'm old, so what), where he was having an identity crisis of not knowing if he's a genetic improvement or worthless clone of Mew, that could easily lead him to a good or evil choice. "I'm better than Mew, so I must do good!" or "I'm superior to Mew, so I'm above doing good!" or "I'm a worthless clone, I need to do something to rise above that." or "I am genetic garbage, nothing I do matters, goodbye Earth, RIP."

This game would blow Fable out of the water.

5. Alex Russet

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.3
    Infamous is one of my all time favorite series. And I just wondered if Mewtwo would fit the bill well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.