1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Missed Mega Oppertunities

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Skittle, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Great Mega options could also be Pokémon that don't evolve at all, say, Carbink, Klefki, or Chatot. Although not all non-evolving Pokémon can be expanded on that much, it would be interesting to see what they come up with (although I suppose the Pokémon don't evolve for a reason).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Im kind of salty that of all the gen 5 Pokémon they could have given megas to, they give it to Audino... and it's arguably the worst mega of all. I think more gen 5 megas should be a thing, including Samurott (gamefreak plz pay attention to this poor water starter :( ), Scrafty, Maractus, Unfezant, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 and Arc1Dragon like this.
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I really, really wanted Furret or Noctowl to get a mega. They are Pokémon that I have used, but are early game Pokémon that need a boost.

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Perfect. My life would be complete with Mega Luxray.

As for my own, Mega Eevee would definitely be something. And if there was a special elemental attack for it (kinda like Silvally's Multi Attack), that would be awesome. Eevee is a main favorite, and although it in its regular may not have a lot of power, Mega Eevee could make some of those some big boys tremble in fear!

5. levelwhat

levelwhat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.1
    Dunsparce. I've wanted him to have some sort of upgrade even before mega evolving even became a thing, like how some Pokémon got third stages in Gen4. No offense to the poor guy, but what good is he? Why would anyone use one unless he had an awesome mega evolution?

First off, Mega Dunsparce gets jacked. Not just stat wise, but he'd seriously grow longer and bigger. Those pathetic lil' wings of his will grow too and then he'd be majestic. Mega Dunsparce would be somewhere in between a Milotic and Dragonair. According to Bulbapedia, he already resembles something called a feathered serpent, so he'd be even more like one. Mega Dunsparce would also change to be a normal-fairy-type, which I think fits his mythological background better than a normal-dragon-type.

6. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Megas for the Gen5 starters. I was really disappointed when only gen1 and 3 starters got megas. Oh well my dreams for mega Serperior will have to wait

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Okay, bear with me. I'm a huge fan of Amoonguss, so I'd have loved a mega-evo of it. I mean, it DOES have a higher base attack than even Talonflame :/

I also found this fanart of a mega Mamoswine, and I'm really feeling it @[member="Nate"]

[​IMG]

JadeFox likes this.
  8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I was just thinking, how about a Mega Clefable? A lot of people see Gengar and Clefable as related to each other due to their similar designs and (former) ghost/normal typing, leading to speculation that Gengar is Clefable's shadow. That and I'm curious to see how it'll turn out.

9. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    I had this idea for a mega Armalldo cause you know.. ANCIENT Pokémon LOVE

I'll post the image later but I drew it out, and Deathx helped make a line art on it.

10. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    I wanted a mega evolution on at least Wigglytuff, who has a great move pool but not great stats. When that didn't happen I was hoping for Alolan Wiggs because all the Alola forms were GenI. I mean, the Jigglypuff line was a big hit thanks to the anime... why not give it a spin?

I'm not dwelling on that, though!
    Mega Flygon and Luxray sound like amazing concepts!

11. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    Mega Drapion, it would be incredible, after all with possible gen 4 remakes, I would really like to see it in action.

12. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm still really sad that Garbodor didn't get one. I love him but no one else does. He's also really bad so a cool upgrade in the form of a mega would have been cool.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm still upset we didn't get more Megas for gen 5 Pokémon. I really would have loved to see Gigalith, Krookodile, Scolipede, Stoutland, and the elemental monkeys get Megas.
    I was really hoping for a mega Xatu to, but I guess that never happened did it :/

14. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Where is my Mega Yanmega? :U Also, Mega Hydreigon would be amazing. It really needs a buff after the Fairy upset T_T

15. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    If Gyarados got a mega, I think Milotic should have too. That and all of the starters, not just Kanto and Hoenn. Kalos got cheated with their starters not getting megas in the gen megas were released in. I would have liked for Eevee to have gotten its own mega too, just to make it's unevolved normal type self viable on its own. It could have been special as the only pre-evolution Pokémon that got it's own mega, which, considering Eevee is "the evolution Pokémon" would have made a lot of sense.

16. Squirtle Hermit

Eggbert
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.7
    I'd have to say Mega Torkoal. Torkoal is already a cool Pokémon, but is kinda outclassed by a lot of other fire-types and has no evolution. Also, his design is already awesome and would be even cooler with a mega!

17. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    It really weirded me out how Beedrill got a mega but Butterfree didn't. Butterfree didn't even get an Alola form to compensate or anything like that it just... stayed as it is. oo;

18. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    • Nidoking and Nidoqueen: A buff like this could make them serious offensive powerhouses. Poison to keep fairies in check and ground to wreck just about anything other than birds.
    • Milotic: Gyarados got a mega...so why can't Milotic? Make it Water/Fairy
    • Flygon: Poor Flygon has to be all by himself while fellow dragon evos Altaria and Salamence get megas of their own. Give this underrated dragon some love!
    • Luxray: This needs to happen! Electric/Dark please
    • Weavile: I'm actually a big Weavile fan, in spite of its double fighting weakness and low defenses. This guy is a speed demon and a mega evo can make it even faster!
    • The elemental Simis: Need I say more?
    • Bisharp: Another one that's made of glass. I love Bisharp's design in general, so it's almost like not giving him a mega also works as well.

19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    it'll be really interesting to see what a mega kabutops/omastar would be like since aerodactyl has a mega as well. :x

20. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I was disappointed to see that Flygon didn't get a mega evolution in OR/AS. It really needs one to buff it's mediocre stats, because it does have a nice movepool and could most likely be OU viable if given a mega with the right stats. I also think they should have given all the starters mega evolutions instead instead of just ones from two region, and all the fossil Pokémon should have gotten ones too.