1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Missed Mega Oppertunities

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Skittle, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Maybe the BW starters?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    A year and a half later, and I still detest that only gen 1/3 starters got megas. Not even gen 6 starters, as in the gen that introduced megas, got megas. Greninja doesn't need one, but Delphox and Chesnaught getting one would give them a new lease on life.

Also gen 5 mons getting megas. Still wierd that Audino, of all mons, got a mega to rep gen 5, and is still arguably the worst mega evolution. I should go back how I did my blogs and give this generation some justice as far as megas go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Exactly! I feel like Mega Serperior And Mega Samurott would look great and be awesome overall.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Really, I feel like every fully evolved Pokémon that didn't get a Mega Evolution was a missed opportunity. There are also a few cases where a Pokémon (like Alakazam or Beedrill) got a Mega, but another Pokémon that was previously treated as a counterpart to it didn't (like Machamp and Butterfree). I really feel like they should have given Mega evoltuions to those Pokémon as well.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Mega Jynx would have been dope. I felt robbed when Magmar and Electabuzz got evolutions in gen IV and left poor Jynx in the dust with just smoochum.

6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    To be fair though, Jynx is hated a lot by the fans, while Electabuzz and Magmar were pretty popular.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Maybe it would have been hated less if it had a really cool mega.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah maybe. But it would have to be REALLY cool. Like Alakazam/Mamoswine hybrid cool. I do wish it happened, but I personally think a lot of other Pokémon deserve a Mega more.

9. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    I'd say the pikachu clones.

If you're not going to market them well, or give them evolutions, just do some megas. Imagine how epic one mega pachirisu would be after the whole memetic championship.

Also, Mega Tropius coud easily be the signature of Alola's mega evolutions.

If we go deeper, alola forms could introduce double megas.

Do you have an alola vulpix? The mega ninetales will be something completely different than the usual mega ninetales.