1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Money Problems A.K.A Help Ben figure out what to buy for Hanukkah

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hylian, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I am at a crossroads for what to buy with my Hanukkah money, so I want your guy's help.

Should I buy:

A. A new computer because my laptop is dying and I don't know how much longer it will hold out.

or

B. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, a Pro Controller, and a PowerSave 3DS (this is so I can use it for a new series where I try to see how badly I can break a game, and I want a way to do it safely so that if I fuck anything up with my cartridge, I can inject a backup. I am normally against cheating in any way however, so I'm a little hesitant to pick one up.)

2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,593.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would probably go with the computer, you can find some really good ones without paying $1,500+ for them. But that's just me of course, I usually aim for the bigger thing first if I have the money for it and it is in serious need of replacement. Like my laptop about two months ago, I was in almost the same exact spot you are in now. Buy Wii U + some other things I wanted or a new computer. I ended up choosing them computer since it would take me years to get the money for one again while I could get the other things one by one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I have the same answer that Karzarill said. But In my case was a new computer or a game for the Xbox. If you have the money for the most expensive one, you should try with it because a high amount of money don''t return easy :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    A, computers can be used for a lot more than that other stuff.

5. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Alright, looks like I'm getting the new computer. I found a really good ASUS with 2TB of storage and a GTX 870 under $1000 today, and there's no way I'm passing that offer up. Thanks for helping me out everybody!

6. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    No problem .remember that you can download many emulators or simply one xD and enjoy many games on it from PS2, DS, Nintendo and well many other things. If you need help buying th other components or somthing like this you ask here again ;)

7. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Seems to me like there's no longer a need for this thread to stay up! If you want me to reopen it, please send me a private message, @[member="Nbay64"] :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.