1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Monster Mash - Pokemaniac Classlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Jeydis, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Welcome, welcome one and all to a fun new run!

This is a new classlocke with a twist: Randomization! Which I have never really played with before so it should be interesting.

Here are the randomizer settings if you are interested:
    - Nothing for stats, evolution and typings.
    - Starters, static Pokémon and ingame trades are randomized.
    - Moves and Movesets are unchanged.
    - Trainer Pokémon: Random, Rival carries starter through game, try to use Pokémon of similar strength, don't use legendaries, no early wonderguard.
    - Wild Pokémon: Random with area 1-to-1 mapping, don't use legendaries.
    - TMs and HMs are unchanged, Move tutor is unchanged.
    - Field Items: Shuffle
    - Misc tweaks: Fastest text.

So with that out of the way, let us begin in the quiet comfort of New Bark Town. We head to Prof. Elm's place and pick up our starter Pokémon, hoping for a Monster to call our very own.

And boy did the game deliver, choices were: Treecko, Geodude and Larvitar. This being a monster themed run, I picked up the baby Kaiju of course.

Everyone say hi to Shale!

[​IMG]

PS: Fun little raffle of 30PP to the first one to figure out where I got my trainer name from. The name is Holly and it is related in some way to the theme of this run. Post below or PM me if you know it. First one to guess correctly wins it!
    Nvm @Bug got it with lightning speed!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Hraesvelgr likes this.
  2. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    Holly from Monster Rancher? O:

Anyways, I am in love with this background you chose, though I know I said that before, lol. Larvitar is a powerful first 'mon! That's some nice luck right there. I'm sure you'll need it. Good luck, and Grind Like Hell!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    @Bug Well that was quick. I figured people had forgotten about that anime by now :P Well done good sir

And yeah I have had bad luck with Larvitars in the past but this should be interesting. Will do! I took off the level restrictions I had from my previous runs since I have no idea exactly what level everything will be and I don't foresee over grinding too much unless needed, takes the fun out of the thing.

Thinking of adding the Dragon Egg group in as they are quite similar and have a lot of members in common anyway, thoughts?

#3 Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Bug likes this.
  4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Ooooh nice starter, Tyranitar is power.

5. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Had some time to kill today so I did some leveling and found some buddies! I was getting worried after the first 3 roads yielded no Monsters, hit pay dirt after all that, will work on the boys tomorrow before taking on the gym. The team is lining up well and giving me flashbacks to the weather wars back in Gen 4-5. I just have to stay the heck away from water types.

On the way I got to met some jerk emo kid with red hair. Acted like a tough guy but had the cutest little Phanpy following him around. Talk about differences attracting :s He had a bratty name too: Durahan (might as well go all out with the Monster Hunter references)

Here is the team currently:
    [​IMG]

So far the funny encounters have been lvl 2 Regirocks and lvl 3 Rayquazas. I like to think they are actually tiny versions, like the regi is just a little pebble golem and the Rays are little gliding snakes.

[​IMG]

LuluRina and Bug like this.
  6. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    OH NO THE RAYQUAZA IS SO CUTE... I would love to have a plushie like that. ;_;
    Are earthy types super common in the monster group??? I never realized.

Jeydis likes this.
  7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Yeah actually, a good chunk of the fossilmons are in here plus the rhyhorn and aron lines namingly. Mudkip line and torterra as well lol.

#7 Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Here is an update! No image until I get another capture but for now:
    - Got everyone to the 15 to 19 range
    - Got the Zephyr Badge no problem, Falkner actually stuck to type a bit and had a Scyther in his arsenal. No trouble for Shale though.
    - Observation: My randomizer really likes baby legendaries, union cave was home to low level manaphy
    - Favorite trainer: Hiker Russell for having Seel and Spheal in the same team, what are the odds?

9. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    SEAL FAN! That is really cute omg
    I support Hiker Russell

10. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Run is still going well but I am having no luck with captures though, no monster or dragon group on the roads/locations up to Ilex forest. Will try out headbutting to make sure though.

11. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    That's rough ): I hope something turns up!

12. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Ugh I am having some technical issues with the rom that made me lose the save. Frick...
    Not a whole lot of activity here anyway so I may move this over to standard Diamond run instead. So much for all that effort on the poll.

For those watching here, I am sorry for the disappointment but keep an eye out, I will set up a post for my Platinum rerun soon <3

#12 Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019