1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Most Underrated Legendary Pokemon.

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Whether it be in the series itself, or by the Pokémon community, it doesn't matter. I just want to know which legendary Pokémon you think is underrated and deserves move love.

For me, personally, it's Darkrai. Everybody hates nightmares, so it would make sense why people would be afraid of a Pokémon that spreads nightmares, but everybody in the anime seems to downright hate this Pokémon. It's always getting blamed for things, even though it doesn't truly mean any harm. Even in the Rise of Darkrai movie, everybody blames Darkrai for what's going on in the town when he's the one trying to fix everything. This guy just needs more love in the show.

2. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think the Legendary Titans (regirock, regice, registeel) are pretty darn underrated. I don't know if it's because they're so ridiculously hard to find or because their designs aren't what most people would call cute or cool, they're often looked over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    At least they had some of the coolest (memey-ist?) cries in the Lucario movie.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mandriel likes this.
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    For me it is Ho-oh, yeah he is the first legendary Pokémon we see in the anime, yeah he is a box legendary, but tbh, whoever uses him? There are other more popular Fire-flying types that could be used (Charizard, Moltres, Talonflame) and one of them even has a mega evolution. Then even with it being a gen 2 Pokémon, it hasn't had a movie until recently. I think that Ho-oh is just that Pokémon that was introduced at the wrong time, but that is my opinion.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Regice is one of my favorite Pokémon. It just really sucks that Ice has SO. MANY. WEAKNESSES. *headdesk*

I think a lot of the Pokémon like Mew and Celebi get overlooked a lot because their versatility is eschewed for hyper-specialization.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I think the Swords of Justice are fairly underrated. Keldeo is probably the most popular out of the four of them but even it doesn't have as many fans as other mythical Pokémon.
    I personally really like them, Virizion in particular who is one of my favourite Pokémon ever. Terrakion is super cool as well. Keldeo and Cobalion I don't like quite as much as the other two, but even then I still feel they deserve more love than they currently get from fans.

7. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I agree that the Swords of Justice are underrated. I rarely hear people talk about them, and are probably the least memorable legendary trio since generation 5 was home to many trios. The Tao trio was most likely the most popular in the game, seeing that they were on the cover of the games. While the Forces of Nature weren't as popular, they still received more attention and got their Therian Formes in Black 2 and White 2. It's quite a shame, as the Swords of Justice do have quite an interesting backstory.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I don't think Cresselia has gotten a lot of anime screentime, has it? It was pretty popular as a wall back in the days of Gen 4 and 5, but it's kinda fallen from grace since then...

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Definietly the Regis, lol. I suppose I can understand why, but personally I've always thought the concept of legendary golems was pretty badass which is why I've liked them.

Also, shoutout to Manaphy for being a tad underrated as well; at the very least, I see no one really talk about it much.

10. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    I think the Lake Trio are pretty underrated. I mean because the three of them are very small people tend to think that they’re pretty weak. When actually they can be pretty strong once you level them up more of course.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm gonna go with the Regis too, I never really see anyone use them which I guess I kinda get just a shame since is a pretty neat concept.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I have literally never heard Magearna ever mentioned in most fanworks or discussions.

13. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    This is a Mythical Pokémon but I literally never hear anything about Volcanion, to the point where I forget it exists. That may be because I wasn't very active in the Pokémon community around the time of Gen 6, but nonetheless it's so rarely talked about for a Pokémon with such a unique type combo.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This is me with Magearna, I forgot it existed till someone in here mentioned it and I even have that thing in one of my games iirc.

15. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Some people have mentioned the Swords of Justice, and I highly agree! Cobalion is probably my favorite of the trio/quartet. Additionally, I think Heatran and Meloetta are both pretty underrated. I hardly see anyone ever talk about them.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I'm going to say the trio of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. I fell like they don't really get much attention and a lot of people apparently didn't like them when they were introduced because of how similar they are to each other in their Incarnate Forms. I don't really understand that mentality, as I think that they manage to each be completely distinct from one another while still clearly being connected to each other. They're certainly better than the Lake Trio, at any rate. The Lake Trio are basically the same Pokémon except with differently shaped and colored heads. (Azelf is still cool, though. It's just that the other two are worse versions of it.)

17. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Oh, don't worry about Heatran on the competitive side. Trust me, it gets plenty of discussion both in Smogon formats and the VGC formats it's allowed in. Meloetta I agree with, though.

An underrated mon to me is Moltres. Zapdos is well talked about in comp, articuno is a favorite of a lot of people i know, and moltres is kinda.... neither? I personally love the design, and I don't think it gets enough credit on a competitive level, but it IS kind of hard to stand out when you have Mega Charizard Y around.

18. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Cresselia. It never got the attention it deserved. No major movie roles, was a roaming Pokémon, and in the games it was introduced in, it didn't get special battle music.