1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Most underrated Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    In your opinion, which Pokémon do you consider severely underrated?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Silver Moth

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    In competitive terms, Slaking.

People oftentimes forget that he has Base 160 Attack, Base 100 Speed, and a usable base 95 Special Attack. In addition, 150/100/65 defenses means your best shot at taking it down is a Focus Blast, Which not only tends to miss at the worst times, is actually shrugged off because even an non-invested base 150 HP is more than enough to handle it from all but the strongest Special Attackers (Deoxys and Mewtwo-Y). That's completely ignoring how Normal is one of the best neutral types since it is only resisted by 3 types, and he can hit perfect neutral coverage now with just Shadow Claw since Ghost is no longer resisted by Steel.

In terms of Design, Mightyena.

Mightyena is forgotten simply because he has very poor stats, even though he's one of the more solid designs that came out of Gen 3. Gen 3 was a weird Gen, and there were plenty of Pokémon released then that simply were just painful to look at (Special mentions: Nosepass, Shirftry, Hariyama and Grumpig). Seriously, why such little love for the Hyena?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I guess I'll say Walrein. I never hear people talking bad about it really, but the thing is I seldom hear people talk about it at all. I think it's a great Pokémon. Bulky and can take hits like a champ, decent at special attack, and while no means a fast Pokémon, it's not as slow as it may look. I love it, it's one of my favorites to use and saved my ass more than once in Black 2 during the PWT, taking things like super-effective STAB Thunderbolts and various Focus Blasts and not getting down past the yellow.

Nate and hunduel like this.
  4. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Slaking is pretty good if your in Doubles and give him a different ability.

In Gen 6, I think Chesnaught is underrated. Its defenses are good and he can hit pretty hard. Spiky Shield is also good.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Sadly, Slaking only has one single ability, not even a hidden one. :(

6. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Gonna have to go with Arceus here. I hear people talking about how "overrated" he is all the time, which is kind of messed up because I never hear anyone say they like him. I hear people say they want one because of how overpowered he is, but never just because they think he's cool. Which frankly, he is. The idea behind Arceus is really cool. Not only because of how powerful it makes him, but because of how it works, and how creative it is. Here's something completely new we've never seen before, a Pokémon that changes types, and no one likes it because Mew came first. How is that even an argument? I've heard people say "Mew created the world! It came before Arceus, so Arceus is a lie!" Nope. Mew was said to be the ancestor of Pokémon. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to catch the difference between being the head of a race, and being the creator of a land. Mew created Pokémon, and Arceus created the world for them to live in. There is a difference.

JasmineFlower likes this.
  7. SupremePress

SupremePress Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I don't know an underatted Pokémon, I think abomasnow, now it has a mega evolution and it's pretty beastly, I used one in my playthrough but was replaced by mega Garchomp(BST 700!) I know it's used in weather teams, but now it's kinda redundant due to weather lasting 5 turns (I think)

8. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I meant give him a different ability through a move.

9. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Umbreon! Plenty of people like umbreon, but noone seems to think its all that useful competitively. Unless mine is some sort of shining god among the species, they are not only quite durrable, but easily able to dish out abit of damage in between dodging, tanking and healing.
    -Moonlight
    -Double team
    -Toxic
    -Dig (emergency dodge and a nice hit. Also covers from steel and poisons toxic immunity)

10. Silver Moth

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I know what you mean. Things like Role Play, Simple Beam, Skill Swap, and Gastro Acid tend to prove useful in doubles because you can either overwrite his ability, Suppress it, or simply swap his ability onto someone else.

The problem with these however, is that it forces you to run very specific moves with very little utility that are available to only a small set of Pokémon. Why waste a team slot and a move slot just to use Slaking? You can run some other powerhouse in that slot that isn't completely crippled by a terrible ability every other turn, thus letting you run some other support Pokémon with a move more useful than, say, Simple Beam.

11. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Bronzong. I don't see him used very often but I love using him. Although he is weak to Dark and Ghost now in gen 6 he still can take hits like a champ and can stall tons of different Pokémon out.

12. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Dunsparce and Persian are underrated IMO.

13. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Peilipper... I think that's the right name. XD I don't know of many people who like him. I had him on Pearl and he was really amazing! I like the moves where he stores power and stuff... I'm not very good at explaining lol.

14. JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    This. I really like Arceus, his backstory and his design.

But, most underrated Pokémon in terms of batteling? I'd say Bisharp. I know, I know, 4x Weakness to Fighting but that doesn't matter. He's fast, he's got style. I really, really think he's a bit underrated in batteling.

15. Nightowl24

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I think noctowl and rapidash are underrated

16. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I think the Pokémon that you first encounter (like ratatta, pidgey, bidoof, and patrat) are highly underrated.

17. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Here's the number one forgotten Pokémon of all times:
    [​IMG]
    Wait, what? Who's that? Never seen that one before...

It's Lumineon, a gen IV Pokémon. And what does it do?
    Nothing. It has nothing. It's just another Water Type Pokémon... Except for the fact that almost all Water Pokémon have something to go for. *except for Luvdisc. Damnit GameFreak just admit is evolves into Alomomola*
    It doesn't have the most appealing appearence. It doesn't have good stats. There's absolutely no reason to have one in your party. Which is sad... *please give this thing a Mega*

18. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Oddish! No one cares for Oddish. I love that weed so much. Oh, and the Horsea line! Kingdra's cool. Do people use that guy? Oh oh oh! And Camerupt is so cool! Its design is so cool!! :D Too bad its typing is so bad. :(

19. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I like Oddish! And I actually use a Kingdra :D

20. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Inactive thread

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.