1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Most Unused Johto Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by HoppipLover88, Oct 9, 2017.

1. HoppipLover88

Weedy
    (Oddish)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.5
    Which Pokémon do you always catch but never use? For me it's the Unown. They are too weak with only 1 attack.

2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Personally, I never catch a Pokémon I don't plan on using, but I think (if only fully-evolved Pokémon are considered) that the Pokémon Sudowoodo, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Corsola, Delibird, Mantine, and Stantler are some of the most unused Pokémon in the introduced in Generation II. None of them are really amazing at battling, but that's not to say they don't have their fans!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Sudowoodo and Girafarig kinda don't have a lot going for them in battling due to being outclassed by other Pokémon that can do the same thing (A shame, because I actually really like Girafarig's design, and was hoping it'd get a mega where the tail head goes crazy evil). I've actually seen a huge Dunsparce following, and it can actually be pretty fun to use in battle with that Serene Grace headbutt! XD

And then there's Unown. You simply just can't battle with Unown :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Pretty much any dragon-type pseudo-legendary. They evolve at such high levels and I am really impatient when it comes to EXP farming. Even though they are really strong, I never use them for that one reason.

5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I have to say, I've never seen anyone willingly use a Furret or Farfetch'd, not even in regular playthroughs.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've use both. I love Furret, and used one in my most recent Gold playthrough. Farfetch'd is pretty good for the gen 1 games since you can get one pretty early through trade. It's pretty strong, learns fly and cut, and levels up faster since it's a traded Pokémon.

As for a Pokémon I never use, probably Noctowl and Togetic? I love them so much, but they just don't hold up very well in gen 2.

Does anyone use Qwilfish? Genuinely curious, because a lot of the time I forget it exists.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I like using Noctowl, but I don't remember using Furret much outside of being an HM-slave. Qwilfish is just kind of odd, since it doesn't evolve and is generally inferior to Tentacruel as a Water/Poison Pokémon; the only reason to use it is as a Spikes/Toxic Spikes spreader...

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven't seen many people use Stantler or Girafarig. I really like those two.

9. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I would say the some of the single stage Pokémon that were introduced in the gen, with the obvious exceptions of course. (Skarmory, Smeargle, Heracross, etc.) I've never seen people use Delibird and Quilfish.

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I use Furret, I'm actually using one right now.

It gotta be Unown for me, I actually like the mon and that it can be a whole alphabet but with it only ever learning Hidden Power is not worth using sadly.

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Hoppip.

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'd probably say Delibird is one of the least used. It has poor stats 45/45/45 for hp and defenses, 55/65 for attacks, and its highest being 75 in speed... which is still nowhere near fast. Its typing Ice/Flying is one of the worst defensively (super effective x4 from rock, x2 from steel/fire/electric and resists only 2 types grass/bug with one immunity to ground). On top of all of that, in gen 2 the only level up move it gets is Present! If you want your Delibird to know other moves you'll have to resort to TMs.

Here is the thing about Present though.
    [​IMG]
    It's completely luck based, and can sometimes HEAL YOUR ENEMY. Delibird's attacking stats are so low anyways that if you are lucky enough to get a strong attack chance, it still wont do much. Present isn't boosted by Delibird's Stab either which makes it even worse.

While Delibird may be cute and a festive Christmas Pokémon... I never use it because it is just so frustrating to train and battle with.

#12 Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Well, the only Pokémon I ever catch that I don't plan to use are legendaries. (So yeah, as much as I love Lugia, I haven't used him since I caught him) By the time I capture one, I always have my main team of six, so by that point, I have no reason to use the legendary. I only catch them because I feel like I have to. Other Pokémon I don't use are the ones the game hands over to me, like the dinosaur of my choice in gen 6, all those free Pokémon in Omega Ruby and so on. In the case of Johto, it's Togepi.

#13 Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    It seems quite a few gen 2 Pokémon went unused by people in Gold/Silver due to being so rare and hard to get and how there are better options in Pokémon from gen 1. Why bother using Quilfish when Tentacruel is better and more common for example?

15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'd say skarmory and the slugma line since many didn't even know they were from gen 2 lol

16. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Honestly, Larvitar.

I fucking love that Pokémon, but it comes on the last god damn location of the game where you don't have ANYTHING to do. I was so damn eager to have one in my team back then that when I caught him I grinded up Red and the e4 so much to the point they developed a BDSM fetish just so I could have it in lvl 100. Did the same thing with Dragonite because I couldn't find dratini but on that game it was kind of my own fault.

No I didn't know about the game corner, but also... screw that, I hated that thing besides the music.

17. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I caught a Dunsparce and then just didn't appreciate it enough to use it so I had to release it.

18. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Unown
    1 move with a unknown typing (some NPC tells you what typing it really is for the Pokémon) that does little damage at 20 PP..
    You can't even use Unown in Contests or Pokeathalon for the most part...

19. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    yeah I thought they were Gen 3 along with the Marill line lol

Rezna likes this.
  20. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Stantler. Definitely Stantler.:3