1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Motivation

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 22, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Art and writing requires a lot of motivation. It's really hard to complete art sometimes, but really easy to give up. What keeps you motivated when you do art or write?

Honestly my biggest motivators are my friends. I owe them the world and more for keeping me from giving up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    When it comes to sitting down and typing out my stories, I'm motivated, strangely enough, by watching crime dramas while I work. For some reason, whenever I watch something like Numb3rs or Criminal Minds I can focus more on my writing than I would in silence. And it's not like I can read a story while I watch these shows, so it makes it even easier to focus just on my writing and not get distracted by other things on my computer.

3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    My motivation is a mixture of my own love of creating, and wanting to make stuff for the people who like my art. I especially love seeing comments on my art! They're usually really positive and a great motivator for me ^_^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Art is honestly easier for me to keep going than writing. With my art I get a lot of feedback from my friends and it is easier to keep going thanks to them.

I am more self conscious about my writing and it shows in how hard I find it to keep going on

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    My mental health affects my productivity and motivation a lot. I know that December and January I'm really bad and just kinda hibernate for reasons so I dont make promises art wise around that time.

What keeps me motivated is also my friends! And drawing my ocs. I like people to know about my ocs so it's a somewhat selfish motivation but it works!

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    lately i've been lacking a lot of motivation for art but i think its mostly because of school. i've been forcing myself to draw so i don't get too out of the loop

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Motivation is one of my biggest struggles in life, and it doesn't just affect my art.
    Sometimes it can be incredibly difficult to get myself to draw something, but I find the best things to get me motivated are to either watch stuff (either TV shows/movies or Youtube) or listen to music. I often get ideas from them that help get me in the drawing mood.

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Definitely seeing others' amazing work....though it can work both ways. When I see an amazing artist it can both demotivate me since I feel less talented in comparison, but also serves as a motivator since it makes me want to push myself to create drawings I'm proud of.

Otherwise, good music! That works for both writing and art for me, haha. The right tune can put me in a very creative mood. :>

9. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i have 0 motivation atm