1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Move Discussion: Belly Drum

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by East, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Belly Drum: the user takes damage equal to 50% of its max HP, and has its attack maximized - multiplied by 4. Fails if the user has less than or exactly 50% HP or has maximum attack already.​
    Pokémon with this move through levelup are:​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pokémon that can learn Belly Drum through breeding:​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A few can obtain the move via event, too:​
    [​IMG](gen II)[​IMG](gen III)​
    A common set we see utilizing Belly Drum includes Azumarill. In fact, it's one of the more common sets we see in several metagames, like OU, 1000 PBV, and VGC 2015. ​
    However, I think a set like this, if Belly Drum could be learned, would be fantastic:​
    [​IMG]
    Regigigas @ Sitrus Berry​
    Ability: Slow Start​
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe​
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)​
    - Belly Drum​
    - Facade​
    - Knock Off​
    - Ice Punch​
    This set would be an absolute monster. Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry is already a great combo, then you add in the high Attack stat this guy has. Facade over Return in case of a Will-O-Wisp user, Knock Off and Ice Punch for coverage. The only stick in the mud for this set is Slow Start.​
    Which Pokémon would you like to see learn Belly Drum? What set(s) do you use with Belly Drum?​

2. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    "High risk, high reward"

Belly Drum is probably the best sweeping move out there for Pokémon such as Linoone and Azumarill. I have even used Belly Drum Darmanitan on the occasion because of how overpowered the move is. I personally like the move a lot and I think that it is a great move when timed correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Azumarill is the king/queen of Belly Drum. The only things that qall it completely are Venusaur and Tentacruel. Otherwise, Aqua Jet just destroys lives. SLurpuff is another great user, especially now that it can learn Drain Punch.

4. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Even then it can still wreck house. I just go for Knock Off / Play Rough / Aqua Jet / Belly Drum. Knock Off is great for coverage. Slurpuff is a great user of it... Noticing a trend of Fairies ;)

Just yes.

5. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I don't really use belly drum, but it can definitely be a pain to fight. Especially with azumarill's access to aqua jet. :/

I've been able to render it useless a few times though, when my malamar's been on the field and I predicted they'd use belly drum. But honestly unless I'm just plain lucky then I usually can't do anything but send out a physcial defender next and hope for the best.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    I dont use it really often, or even never, since talonflame, the ice table (forgot the name) and other moves like
    substitute, extreme speed or priority moves can deal with it. Focus sash is definitly a counter, too. It is a risk and
    can make you lose. Slurpuff is the best since it has access to ability: unburden making a super fast sweeper.

7. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Now that it has a mega, I really want to run Belly Drum on a Mega Slowbro. Sure, it's probably not the most conventional thing in the world but it has high enough defences to ward off non-supereffective attacks and then use Slack Off to come back swinging. A pity its physical movepool is so lacklustre, but it's a good mono attacker with Dive.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Belly Drum can pose a real threat to a team if not dealt with immediately. BD Azumarill come to my mind since it can usually still take a hit after using the move, give it a Sitrus Berry and it should be fairly capable of tear through teams.

9. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    Slurpuff
    @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
    - belly drum
    - play rough
    - ice punch
    - drain punch

Now faced with a super fast and super powerful fairy type that has access to drain punch recovery, I think it uses the ability the greatest.

10. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    best belly drummers are azu and slurpuff by far! everything else is having troubles use it cause they are not fast enough!
    Linoone is pretty good too with Espeed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.