1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Moves you would never teach your Pokemon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What are some moves you would never teach your Pokémon? For me one of them would be Water Sport! Such a useless move. :s

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Anything with a base power under 40, with the exception of moves that hit multiple times per turn, like Triple Kick and Beat Up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Self Destruct.

As powerful as the move is I don't find that it's worth giving up a Pokémon in battle. There are so many other strong moves to teach a Pokémon.

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    All of the above I agree with. Also, most stat changing moves, unless they decrease enemy accuracy, I don't bother with

5. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    That's funny because the only ones I bother with are the defense lowering ones. xD

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Water Sport, Mud Sport, and all those weak stat lowering moves like Growl.

7. ViantaMarshall

ViantaMarshall School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I would not teach my Pokémon the moves stated above but I'd also not teach them moves like Leer or Sand attack since they're pretty useless as well.

8. ToxicWyvern

ToxicWyvern Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Frustration. It requires your Pokémon to hate you for it to be useful. Not only is it the opposite of what trainers should shrive for, it is completely counterproductive. (The more time you spend with your Pokémon, and the more battles you win the more it likes you).

Also, any move with an accuracy less than 70

9. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm more offensive than defensive, so a lot of non-attacking moves, I don't really use. Since that's quite the list, I'll just name off one, that I absolutely loathe: Outrage.

It's cheap and overpowered, and I hate it. I never, ever, ever teach it to any of my Pokémon, because it's just such a cheap shot. Super-powerful Dragon type move? And strikes, multiple times? Yeah, no. I'll pass. Sure, Draco Meteor and Sky Attack can also be considered OP'd, but Outrage striking multiple times, is what really annoys me.

10. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Anything that has a charging turn, except SolarBeam... In the sun.

11. tacoroach

tacoroach Collector

(Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    I am in no way a competitive battler so I just avoid all stat changing moves. I like to just punch my enemies to death and not deal with all that sissy shit.

I'm sure they could be a game changer when dealing with IRL opponents but I just stick with weak NPCs so I got nothing to worry about. :3

12. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, and the other OHKO moves. They're useless to me. 5 PP and 30 accuracy? I'd rather use weaker moves to finish the job. At least they're not as irritating and are usually useful too (Like Mach Punch and Bullet Punch and also Aerial Ace and its variations).

13. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I don't really like teaching my mons self damaging attacks like Double Edge or Self Destruct. I dunno. I guess I'm really sentimental. Ahahaha! :D Oh, and OHKOs. I hate those.

14. Havendre

Havendre Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Frustration.
    And as dumb as it sounds, I wouldn't teach Hyper Beam and most of the super high-powered moves - I just feel bad using them. I'd rather stick with lower-powered but more reliable and interesting moves.

15. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Frustration, OHKO's and moves that make them hurt themselves, with the exception of Hi Jump Kick, which is usually worth the risk, since my Hitmonlee rarely misses.

16. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Wrap, Splash, Metronome, Razor Wind, Cut (unless i have an HM user on my team)... There are a lot of moves that I wouldn't teach my Pokémon.

17. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    <strong class='bbc'>Automatic generated message</strong><br />This topic has been closed by a moderator.<br /> <br /><strong class='bbc'>Reason:</strong> Inactive thread<br /> <br />If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.<br /> <br />Kind regards,<br />Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.