1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Movie Licensed Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sohrob101, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    There are a bunch of these that exist, and they don't seem to be dying anytime soon. Every year when a new movie is coming out, a cheap company gets a shot at making a game based off the new movie title, and for the majority of the time that movie game fails. I am not going to include games related to Cartoons, but then again the spongebob movie game looked like an unfinished flash game that you could play at Nicks website. The Spiderman games tend to be really mixed, but Spider Man 2 was noted for being the best Spider Man game to date. Fast and Furious also had a game for their 6th movie, but thankfully this time all they did to promote Furious 7 was to implement the cars into Forza, a game that already exists and fits the theme well. What are your thoughts on Movie Licensed games, would you rather have an already existing game have DLC that promotes a movie in some way instead?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    007 (James Bond) games used to be good until the 360/PS4/Wii era (imo). I wouldn't mind them making a comeback if a decent developer worked on them. No, I'm against DLC (unless it's free) that advertises anything. You gotta have a fresh game every once in a while. Adding DLC to the same game time and again is just redundant and unoriginal.

3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I really only have one word for games that are based on movies: bad.

It would be more fulfilling to actually watch the movie. You already know how it's going to end, and the quality will be cleaner than having to watch certain cutscenes or areas on a gaming system, which will have no doubt scaled back the quality for a game release.

In short, I have, and always will, avoid them like the plague.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    PeanutButterGamer and Jontron have taught us that these just aren't that good. Some have been fine, but overall movie games are just terrible. I haven't played many myself but the ones I have played have been pretty bad. Even games based off a TV show usually are pretty bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TAPQI

TAPQI Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Movies should stay as movies and games should stay as games. They rarely are good when mixed with each other! The things that makes a movie good and things that make a game good are so different that it's kinda hard to make a good game out of a movie and other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.