1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Movies that left you disappointed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hraesvelgr, Jun 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Just like the title says. This must be something all of you have tried at one point in your life to be left disappointed by a movie you had hopes for or just hoped would have lived up to the hype that might have been around it. Or maybe it was just terribly executed, acting, animation whatsoever.

For me it gotta be Dragonlance: Dragons of autumn twilight, you see I really love the books so I had hoped the first and only movie to my knowledge would have been better. It was really poorly executed in my opinion, the 3D draconians and dragons were horribly made and choppy and just stuck out like red throbbing thumbs. I can deal with it not being 100% after the book, but they could at least made the movie look decent so it wouldn't hurt to look at.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Godzilla: The newest one. It was okay, the action was cool, I guess. But it's called Godzilla and there's barely any Godzilla. For Pete's sake, it's a Godzilla movie; It's not supposed to have a story, it's just supposed to be about Godzilla destroying everything. But apparently, he's the good guy? I understand if they were exploring things and testing it out, but regardless, it sucked.

Leonhardht likes this.
  3. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    For me, Cars 2 may count as one, which is pretty strange since the previous one was pretty good. I'm okay with the racing filled with some spy theme slipped on it, but sometimes the execution is not quite good, which makes me not enjoying it afterwards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Heroine of Winds and Leonhardht like this.
  4. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Diary of a wimpy kid. As a kid they're pretty good books, but the movies had weird ways to introduce the plot, and added new plots. It was just weird

Leonhardht likes this.
  5. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    There's three for me, and they're mostly book based.

Eragon. Wow, that was a great book. Wow, that movie sucked. The plot points got all messed up, it didn't even end in anywhere near the realm of where the book ended, the storytelling was wierd and the pacing was super choppy. Though I can say the acting and effects were decent, that still didn't make the movie I hoped would bring one of my favorite childhood books to life any less disappointing.

Another one is Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The book was great, it had some very nice characters, it was paced well, it was wonderful with comedy while still keeping up action and serious moments. Overall, it was one of the most enjoyable reads of my later childhood. The movie ruined all of that. All of it. No character was left in the movie without being stripped of all their vibrance and personality, and even the plot wasn't spared a hit with the idiot stick. I walked in expecting a comedic yet action packed mythical tale. I got none of the above, and I honestly still want a refund.

Last but certainly not least, the king of disappointing an entire fanbase and probably the most disappointing film adaptation I've ever seen: The Last Airbender. AtLA was probably the best show I've ever seen. I couldn't get through ten minutes of the movie. So glad I didn't see it in theatres, I would have protested for a refund. Well probably not, but still. Disappointing doesn't even start to cut it for what that... thing was.

mweep, Leonhardht, Ryan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Oh gosh don't remind me of Percy Jackson.

Gonna have to agree with Shiny here, it was majorly disappointing. I was honestly surprised that it even got a second movie. That was actually the one that disappointed me the most. I was hoping that they had learned from their mistakes and the second one would be much closer to the plot of the books.

Nope. It was imo worse than the original, since it smashed like 2-3 books together in the span of one movie.

Sachi-Shimazu likes this.
  7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I don't watch movies very often at all - and I consider this to be a good thing because movies eat up huge chunks of my time, time that I could much rather spend doing something else - so my list will be rather small in comparison to others. The catch, however, is that my list is about 80% of the movies that I've seen.

Though for now I'm going to talk about two I happen to remember right now.
    The first was Man of Steel.

It wasn't because they focused more on Superman's past than they did his present exploits - I actually liked that.
    It wasn't because of the insane amount of property damage he caused in the name of special effects - as silly as that was, it was interesting to watch.

It was because, despite the main villain of the movie being as prominent as he was, no one, and I mean absolutely no one, knelt before Zod. Kneeling before Zod is a staple; you can't have a movie about Zod and not have anyone kneel before him.

The other one was Guardians of the Galaxy, and only because the movie was thoroughly unmemorable. Other than the chase and fight scene near the waterfall at the beginning, them being in a prison (and allegedly there was a breakout?), and the gigantic spaceship dragnet that didn't actually do anything, I remember absolutely nothing about that movie. I still don't even know if that movie actually has a plot.

This has led me to the conclusion that I really don't like superheroes or their movies, and that there are very little differences to note between each one; if I have seen one, I have seen them all.

I'm sure if I saw any movie at all within the past 6 months, I would list it here too.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I agree with Biohazard on Diary of the Wimpy Kid.
    As much as I liked the books when I was a lot younger, the movie didn't really do it for me. The main character Greg whined more than not during the entire movie, and the plot didn't connect all that much. It overall disappointed me.

9. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Mac and Devin Go To High School.
    I was excited to see it for multiple reasons, especially cuz Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa were in it, but when I went to watch it with my friend at his house on Netflix, it was far from what I expected it to be.
    There were a few funny parts, but overall I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped. :P

10. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    T-T The Percy Jackson movies HURT!!! The first one wasn't as bad and I could at least watch it, but Sea of Monsters, they left out very important details (I will never forgive them for leaving out Calypso's island, the Calyo fan in me completely renounced the movie...) I just.... couldn't... AND SOMEHOW MY SISTER STILL LIKES IT AND SHE LIKES THE BOOKS!!!

Also, X-Men Wolverine Origi--- *shot*

11. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    One of the endings to I am Legend just left me like what.

But I think the reason why I was so disappointed was because of the dog.
    Dog.

Hello? Yes, this is dog.

lol jk no nvm

12. AK2198

AK2198 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    The new fantastic four movie although i haven't seen it, i hear it is the worst movie of the year so far so as a warning im making it clear here. Do not watch the new fantastic four.

13. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Frozen. I heard about all the hype around the movie, so I decided to check it out when I was going to Bonaire.
    It was just as good as all Disney movies. I honestly didn't know what was so great about it (I still don't), and that left me really disappointed.

14. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The Hangover (series). Everyone said how funny it is and how it revolutionized comedy movies. Actually, it was nothing new, had over the top "humor" and was overall annoying and couldn't even finish. To the top it off, the second movie was the SAME as the first one, and the third one was not even a comedy... which is actually not a bad thing if you couldn't laugh on the first two movies.

15. Leonhardht

Leonhardht Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    For me, it would be Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I've read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire but the movie threw off a bit. And the ending, i understand the cliff hanger but for some reason seeing the movie kind of confused me, quite possibly ruined it for me.

16. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Disappointing movie of the year for me is.... Blade Runner! Ugh! Now, I do like my occasional dose of film noir and sci-fi dystopia, fields that the movie certainly excelled in, but what really ruined the movie for me was Harrison Ford's appalling performance. I mean, he doesn't speak much if at all in the film's closing battle against the male Replicant. It's nothing but a huge cat and mouse chase through the rain. Not to mention that the same Replicant I felt went underused. He was initially 'scary' in his introduction, but then his appeal just...fizzled out for me. I'm baffled as to why this has been so critically acclaimed when one of its leads seems to be so wet behind the ears still (I wonder if this was one of Ford's first gigs, maybe even his break-out role?). That being said, the final words of Gaff in the film elicted a mighty shiver from me with how masterful and subtle they were spoken. "It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?" -- Damn! One of the movie's few redeeming parts.

17. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I saw ALTA, and Percy Jackson, but there's one other movie that left me beyond disappointed. I, Frankenstein was not the movie it was going to be. It was that bad that I don't even remember half the plot, XD

18. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Both Divergent and Insurgent. I mean, it's not like I was expecting much out of them, but Divergent was kind of boring and I didn't even want to watch Insurgent because I just didn't care. My mom made me watch it with the family, so I forced them to listen to my running, sarcastic commentary.

19. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Gonna have to agree with @[member='shinygiratinaz'], and say that Eragon, Percy Jackson, and Avatar: The Last Airbender were the worst.

First of all, Eragon: Arya. Why- just- nono- I can't eve- AHHHHHHH

Percy Jackson: Bye. now. Wait why do you have a second movie. No. NO

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Yeah, just bad. Can't even-

Now, Ender's Game kind of disappointed me, a lot
    First of all it kind of destroyed the psychological aspect and deep parts from the book, and only had, what, 2 legit battles and 1 practice? Wow. The effects and everything were cool, the ending was dramatic, but it wasn't as good as the book. Overall, kind of dissapointing

20. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Before you get started on reading my very long ramble of the movie, I must warn you that there are definite spoilers ahead.

There. You've been warned. Ta!~

For me it was Legend (2015); the historical tale of twin brothers Ronnie and Reggie Kray - two gangsters of east London who managed to rule London in the late 1960s to the early 1970s (I think).

I was so hyped for the movie, downright excited what with how awesome the trailer looked! Heck yeah! Gangsters and action, hoorah!

But I left the cinema disappointed and more than a little angry because the movie didn't fulfill my expectations or catered to my criminal buff self. It just glorified violence and the sass of Reggie and the insanity of his brother Ronnie.

Don't get me wrong, Tom Hardy played both roles really, really well! He was excellent!

But it was the take of the story; going through the narration of Reggie's love interest (who is portrayed as his only wife when she was in fact his FIRST wife) Frances Shea - sister to one of the Kray's men. The narration broke the four wall many times and I had no interest in her conflicts of having an honest living with Reggie. I found it difficult to sympathize with her because she wasn't what I was focused on; I was focused on the brothers and Mad Teddy (played by Taron Egerton [yes, I happen to like the actor more than Tom Hardy as evidenced to my avatar and signature]).

There were also historical inaccuracies (which I am researching for an assignment) and I was beyond baffled when they - the people who made the executive decisions or who wrote the script and the director - decided to flip two time segments to make it more interesting!

In real life: Frances Shea only stayed with Reggie Kray for two weeks and committed suicide two years later.

In the movie: Stayed with Reggie for two years and committed suicide two weeks later.

And she STILL narrated the movie after her death!

I expected there to be more action [even though one of the sequences had an on-screen death that was hardly believable {despite what people may say, 'the neurons were blasting off! That's what made him twitch a smile and remain upright for three seconds too long before falling over!'} and more organised crime - like what was implied in the trailer! - but it was just a mess after one point.

I got confused as they introduced characters who were part of a different gang and only to never see them again except for one man; there was even a whole torture scene dedicated to this other gang who I cannot even remember anything about except for the fact that they were unhygienic and downright nasty.

Sometimes, I found it difficult to understand their accents and don't get me started on the ending! Jeez Louise! Most disappointing ending of an action movie I have ever seen! Like, pulling my hair out in frustration kind of angry!

I am curious as to how others received the movie, though so if you have the time, I'd love to hear your opinion!