1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Movies/TV shows with too many sequels/seasons?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VictoryStar34, Nov 11, 2017.

1. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    For me:

HOME ALONE (Oh my god, it has like 6 sequels)

Godzilla

King-Kong

Godzilla Vs King-Kong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Wait Home Alone has 6 sequels? o_O I thought it ended at like, 3! X_X

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Actually, it doesn't...

It
    has

OzoneFruit likes this.
  4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Wait, what? XD I just knew the first two XD

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    o_O WOW, they went a lot further than I thought LOL

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    There are way too many Jason/Freddy Krueger sequels/spin-offs/reboots >_> Though as long as the fans keep loving it, they're bound to keep making em. XD

7. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Yeah...A lot further.

BUT WHAT ABOUT GODZILLA

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    NCIS has been going for far too long now.

There are also far too many throwaway MCU movies/TV shows (Iron Fist? Really? And don't even get me started on Inhumans...) that are either re-telling the same origin story with a different character, or are just plain bad. The MCU is doing a terrible job at representing some of its chosen heroes - and literally every single one of the villains - and the over-saturation of badly adapted comic book storylines is getting old.

Also, there are too many Saw movies. Three was enough.

9. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Transformers... please just let it die. Oh, and One Piece. 800+ episodes and it’s barely halfway done.

10. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    OnePiece can never di
    OnePiece cannot end.

Furie likes this.
  11. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    To be fair, One Piece could probably get a pass because Oda's actually a decent writer, answering the plot threads he makes just as often as he drops new ones. It isn't like other shonen stuff where the writers are flying by the seat of their pants, eheh.

Also for my hot take, MLP started dragging its feet ever since the end of S4 and never really recovered. Still the occasional great episode, but man, it really dropped off fast the moment they started trying to focus too much on non-main characters. The fact that they've renewed it for an eighth season sounds exhausting.

Skullbash and Furie like this.
  12. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Transformers can leave...BUT ONE PIECE SHALL NEVER END in my heart

Skullbash and Furie like this.
  13. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Teen Titans, Powerpuff Girls, and Full House each had one too many sequel series/reboot. If you know what I mean. The originals were all fine though.

14. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Shrek. I wouldn't have included this if not for the fact that they've confirmed a fifth one is in the works. I liked the first two a lot, but ever since the third one, it's been okay at best. I really thought they'd finally ended it. At least with Kung Fu Panda, which is supposed to have 6 films total from what I can gather, they have the whole thing planned from the beginning (Like how Oda has had all of One Piece planned from the start and isn't just pulling ideas out of his head to keep it going) so they could get away with that assuming KFP doesn't go the same road as How to Train Your Dragon in which Katzenberg convinced Dreamworks to just green light a third one and leave it at that.

Simpsons is probably the ultimate obvious example of a show that seriously overstayed its welcome, but at least it's scheduled to end after season 30. As for Teen Titans, well, yeah, Go needs to end. The original series, however, really should be revived for at least a sixth season if only so they can finally clear up that cliffhanger ending, like how Samurai Jack returned for one last season to give us a the ending we've been wanting for ages. Granted, the ending they gave us was a bit of a let-down, but still, we got it.

15. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Bayformers...The Fast and the Furious...The Big Bang Theory

16. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Detective Conan. I love the series, but when you have over 1000 chapters of the manga and over 850 episodes, most being filler... it gets tedious trying to find all the episodes. I still love it though.

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Dragon Ball. Really, it should have ended at the end of the original series, before it simply went off the rails and into the next galaxy.

Naruto should have ended with The Last. LET THEM HAVE THEIR BLOODY HAPPY ENDING, DAMMIT! THEY'VE ALREADY GONE THROUGH ENOUGH HELL FOR IT!!!

Most movie series that last longer than 3 movies.

Also, as much as I love NCIS, they need to either wrap it up or replace all of the characters. They've already nearly killed off Gibbs several times, and they got rid of DiNozzo and David (not to mention poor Kate...). Maybe keep Palmer around, just because he's cool. :D

18. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Agreed. That's partly why I have no interest in Boruto. Though mainly it's just because I'm not sure if I really want to invest my time in another Naruto series. Shippuden was a slog at times.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I hate this trend that Harry Potter started with adding an extra movie onto book-based series. With Harry Potter, I kind of get it. The last book was kind of weird format-wise compared to the other six. But then Hunger Games and Twilight did the same, and they didn't really have any reason to. I think they just realized, "Hey, more movies from a well-established series that people are guaranteed to go watch means that we get more moneys!"

Admittedly hyped for the new Lord of the Rings series though.

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Home Alone, Cars, Arrow, Flash. Too many sequels that destroy the original.