1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

MS Paint

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sheep, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm sure we've all at least heard of the classic drawing program MS Paint -- it was a popular art program back in the day due to the limited selection and difficulty of obtaining more professional art/design programs such as Photoshop. Have you ever used MS Paint to draw?

I used to make tons of art of my Neopets using this program in the early 2000s, lol. MS Paint was what introduced me to oekaki and then Open Canvas, then the likes of Photoshop & Paint Tool SAI. Without it, I'd not have gotten to where I am today. good times ye!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    To be honest I still use Paint as my go-to art program. Mostly when working with pixel art and I find its simple interface to be extremely useful and intuitive for it. In fact, I actually use the version of MS Paint from Windows XP which I copied over from an old computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I used to us MS Paint a lot.
    [​IMG]
    This was the last thing I did involving MS Paint. ^^

Sheinxy likes this.
  4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I used it for a while, and the majority of my early art was made using it, but after some time, more traditional art began to reach me, and I eventually stopped, only going back to occasionally see if I can think something up.

5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I used MS Paint when I had nothing better to do back in middle school.

6. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I used MS paint back when we only had Windows computers at school. Ever since they replaced all the computers with Macs, I didn’t use it. I also only own Macs at home.

7. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I still use paint since it's the only thing we have. I mean, it makes my drawins look a little sloppy but I make the best of it.

8. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I mean I used it when I didn't understand photoshop very well.
    I still use it a little like...here. This is a frame from an animation I did.
    Opening scene 3.png
    The background was obviously made on photoshop though.

There are people I've seen that can do amazing work on there though like...
    Oh! Christella Xaviera. Just check out her animation on youtube because that was done entirely on MS Paint and it's incredible.

Sheinxy likes this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    My old school had an IT class. That may sound amazing, but theses are the two things they taught us:
    - Coloring with MS Paint (yes. They literally gave us these coloring sheets and told us to color them in with the fill tool.)
    - Making Scratch Games
    That's literally all we learned before I left.
    So yes. I used MS Paint. And I hated it.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  10. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I started my digital art journey on MS Paint! And I still really enjoy it and miss using it (I have a mac) but I get to mess with it over lunch at work!
    I still doodle my pixel art ideas on ms paint!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sheinxy likes this.
  11. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I never tried MS Paint to draw, I've used it a few times but never in a serious way, but I'm pretty sure I would love to try it, because I'm someone who loves to do things with literally no help whatsoever, having only a few basic tools to do something is a challenge, and I'm always up to do challenges :p

12. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I already have a hard time drawing on paper let alone using a computer XD

13. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I used it to make some pixel art years ago, mostly for the sake of seeing if I could. I actually still keep it in my collection of art programs just in case I ever want to dabble in it again. I mean, I haven't really touched it in years, but what if I want to use it??

14. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I used to use MS Paint to make Pokémon trainer sprites!!! Ahh, those were good times... except for that I lost all my sprite work. Maybe I should go back and make some more!

15. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I used to enjoy messing around with MS Paint and making abstract(?) pieces lol. Here are the only 2 that I can still find on my computer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I used to use MS paint when I was in primary school and I didn’t actually know how to draw, I just played around on it and for some reason I did something like this a lot: 3ADF1E92-13C8-4C13-A7E4-6FB041E4703B.jpeg
    (Artist’s rendition, this is not actually MS paint) 59FFEB4B-5C15-4CBA-A1E7-4C5433B7D316.png I used to draw something like this, and it’s supposed to be cars on a race track that had loop de loops and I always zoomed in close when I drew and it looked tiny when I zoomed out.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    MS Paint was the first program I used for digital art, so I a have a soft spot for it even if it is pretty limited with tools and whatnot.
    I think it's good for spriting however. I'd rather use it over all those other spriting programs out there.

18. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I actually still use MS Paint for spriting, it's easily the best tool to use for this in my opinion because of it's simplicity. For recolouring especially.

19. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    I personally prefer Traditional art (specifically charcoal sketching), but if I do any online art, MSPaint is still my go to; I suck at using it, but I tend to use it for LOLs anyways, so it works out perfectly, heh.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've used MS Paint quite a lot, none of the stuff I drew is particularly good but hey I ain't good at digital art and I had fun doodling away.