1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ConfettiCat, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Wow, you can play the ocarina? That is so cool! :D And you're self taught? I can't even play a recorder, let alone an ocarina XD I think you're awesome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    It's been awhile and I use tabliture so I'm not as awesome as I sound lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Aww... I'm glad that you found an instrument that you could pick up at least. ^_^

I still think you're awesome for being able to play it. :D

4. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I like the guitar, my favourite instrument, I like it how you can make all those tones from songs, also the fact you can play typically every type of song on a guitar.

I play the guitar, I love to play and I have been playing for about 5 or 6 years already

ConfettiCat likes this.
  5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I've been playing the viola for almost 12 years now. Started as a mild interest in grade school and it quickly escalated into something I love doing. I've been a part of a couple youth symphonies, met a bunch of amazing people. We even took trips to play in a couple different places around the country.

ConfettiCat likes this.
  6. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    I play Piano.

Kiyase likes this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I tried to play piano, then I got my nails stuck between the keys....

Kiyase and Seprix like this.
  8. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    My favorite instrument has to be the piano. I started playing when I was five, and I still play. I haven't had lessons since the end of middle school(going on my last year of high school right now), but I still try to teach myself some songs. On piano, I mainly play classical songs, not current songs. I honestly can't imagine my life without being able to play piano.

I am trying to learn guitar currently. My parents won the acoustic guitar I have right now at a school auction, and the guitar was signed by my entire 8th grade class. I have a beginner book and am teaching myself off of that. I had lessons for a few months just to learn the basics, then I went off on my own.

At school, I am part of the drumline. I started last year in my sophomore year on the tenor drum(aka mini bass), and next year, I'm gonna move up to quads. I'm also gonna be a co-captain for drumline. I honestly never thought about trying drums until I saw the drumline at my school. One of my friends was a part of it, so I decided to join since it looked really fun. I gotta say, it's the best part about high school so far, so I'm really glad I got to do that.

In my middle school, I did join the band for a year on oboe. I quit after the year since my oboe's reed kept breaking. It was so frustrating to have to buy a new one really often since it broke so easily. My reed even broke right before a concert thing; good thing I was the only one and no one noticed, haha :sweat:

ConfettiCat likes this.
  9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I actually want to learn how to play the Ocarina. Ever since playing the Zelda games OoT and MM I fell in love with it and in the Pokémon movie 200 it also played a big role. I have one and I can kinda play Lugia's song, but I am not that good atm.

10. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    The ocarina seems interesting! I might want to try it out myself, but wind instruments are just not for me :sweat: I've actually been learning the drums recently, and I think I'm slowly but surely getting better.

11. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I play the flute, and I have been playing it for five years. I've been playing in bands for around four years and have been honing my skills with other fellow musicians.

I've played pieces from Sousa and other modern composers. I've even played pop songs with a band for an audience, which was really fun!

Fun fact: I've met Christopher Bill twice! He's a really cool guy. Although, he's kind of shy in terms of public speaking, which I gleaned for when he gave my band a master class. Still, his whole set-up is impressive!

12. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I play the viola. Started when I was seven and haven't put it down since. Most of the time now after school and such, I play for my church when they are in need of string instruments. Lot of my peers say I have a finely tuned ear and can play just about anything if given enough time

I'm going to try and audition for a philharmonic symphony if the chance comes around

#32 Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    ConfettiCat likes this.
  13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I used to play the violin in primary school, but I couldn't read the music, so I ended up just memorising all the songs in my muscle memory. This worked until we were expected to play old songs which everyone but me found easy...

I then played the euphonium in later primary school before changing to the trombone (they have the same sheet music, so it wasn't too hard) so that I could join the jazz band. But then I slowly realised I neither liked jazz, nor constant practise.

Now, I kind of want to play the drums, though I don't know how often I'll actually practise. I'm doing just fine without an instrument now.

14. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Same! I'm not fluent in reading sheet music, so whenever I play the piano I play based on memory... I'm not like my teacher who can read while playing at the same time :sweat:

Mandriel likes this.
  15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I've never learnt to read music either xD

16. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    I play piano for about over 10 years now, and like @SkittleBox, I was in my school's Marching Band. New York state has a different ranking system than her's, and my high school Marching Band was in the highest class, National Class, which basically means that we can go National and out of state to the USSBA's. It's also different because my high school Marching Band lets 7th -12th graders in, and yet we're the smallest band in National Class. Also, I was in the colorguard for my high school Marching band. WAY different than what Skittle does.
    I'm also interested in the Trumpet, Drumset, and Violin (Lindsey Stirling is awesome and amazing), because why not? They're cool.
    I've also been to Bands of America Regionals before, and man. they're different than USSBAs.

17. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Alright, I'm late to the thread but that won't stop me from sharing my unnecessarily long anecdotes that will bore you to death thoughts on instruments!

I've been played violin for eight years now, and when I was like, five or something I saw my mom playing the violin because she is a violinist and plays in orchestras. So five-year old me thought that it was super cool because Mom is doing it, so I should learn to play the violin too! My mom took five-year old me super seriously and actually bought me a violin and started training me right away. But she wouldn't let me start playing until I was seven, because she didn't trust me -_-

so anyway, fast forward a couple years into late elementary school and I discovered I hate violin. But my parents wanted me to keep going because of a discipline thing and also, they want me to get a scholarship for college. Now, I actually like violin and I got into two youth orchestras, so we'll see how that goes. I also got into all-state orchestra and we have reseating auditions in a month and a half and I haven't practiced at all T_T

this concludes my unnecessarily long anecdote that will bore you to death thoughts on instruments!

ConfettiCat likes this.
  18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    How did that happen?!

19. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Just trying to run my hand over all of the keys, honestly i don't really know how it happened

Wings likes this.
  20. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My brother and I got guitars one Christmas because my brother had really wanted one. We only played them for fun, just occasionally running our fingers along the strings to make a satisfying tone. We didn't learn how to play one, and never used them often anyways.

We did get signed up for lessons once, and we were starting to learn. But then something happened, and we stopped... to be honest, I was not very interested in the first place, since when would I even use the guitar besides practice? I'm quite the shy person, after all...