1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

My name is Ronson...

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by RONSON, Nov 22, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RONSON

RONSON Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hello, everyone! I was referred here yesterday by Audino Lady while battling on Showdown. While I made my account yesterday, I decided to lurk a bit until today. I just have to say I quite like this forum. It's really well thought out and designed. My compliments to the staff! Anyway, I was told I should try out to be a gym leader here. I do have a few questions about that:
    - Do the gym battles take place via WiFi battle or Showdown?
    - Do I have to be a monotype team leader?
    - Any restrictions? I've done a monotype league before, and we had just decided on "no legends".
    - How exactly do I try out?
    - (General forum question) Is there any sort of formatting on these forums? Markdown, manual email-style, etc?

2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Hey, welcome! Glad you're liking the forum so far! As for your questions:
    - They're done on Showdown!
    - Yes, but you get to have one wild card (a Pokémon who does not fit your monotype).
    - The only restrictions are what's not allowed for LV OU (we have some slightly different tiers, for example Aegislash is OU for us whereas it is Ubers for Smogon).
    - You can sign up here and contact the gym leaders yourself.
    - I'm not the best person to answer this... ^^;

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me, or another mentor or staff member! I hope you enjoy it here. c:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RONSON

RONSON Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    @[member="Pariah"] ok thanks!
    I do love me some Aegislash...
    Also how does the Mentor program work?

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    We have two types of mentors; competitive and site. Both have the gold nameglow (or the little banner to the side, under the avatars). We help out people around the site, answer their questions, greet people, or in the case of competitive mentors, help them with competitive battling. c:

5. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Welcome to Lake Valor, I see Pariah already answered most of your questions, gotta be fast here xD Anyway for your other question, we mentors are here to help you around the site and answer your questions, you can become one by applying for it, but there are currently no places left.

Edit: Oh come on [member=Pariah] xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Hey there! Welcome to Lake Valor and good luck with your tryouts!

7. RONSON

RONSON Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Ok well thanks for the warm welcomes and help all! @[member="Pariah"] @[member="guimartgon"] @[member="karatekid770"]

8. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    It looks like Pariah answered all those questions for you. What a ninja. Welcome to Lake Valor good luck with the gym tryouts and let me know if you ever want to chat ^_^. If you ever have more questions regarding to the forum let the mentors know we'll be happy to help you out! Have a great time on the forum!

9. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Yo, welcome! The admins put a lot of work and love into the site's design, so I'm glad you like it! :D Good luck with your tryouts, and I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

10. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    So...another ninja? No in my guard! XD...Wait it is Pariah? *Ninja bows*...Your questions were solved as I heared so...Welcome to LV!!! Hey! A competitive player? Look for me if you want a battle :D I enjoy battling new people it is a good activity and we can know each other ;). I hope to find you soon!

11. RONSON

RONSON Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    A battle would be awesome. I'm not available all that often, but it'll happen.

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Of course it will, don't worry. For now enjoy the place and if we meet sometime, it will be good :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.