1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal My Pokemon on Ultra Moon for Catching And Battle Tree/Battle Royal

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Nova Ozuka, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    So I've been messing around on UM for a while, and found some things that might help. I also wanted to share what I've been up to on UM, so this thread should kill two birds with one stone. To start with, I'll share my catching team, followed by Pokémon I'm planning to use in battle Tree and Battle Royal.

Drapion Lv100
    False Swipe
    Fell Stinger
    Cross Poison
    Crunch

Umbreon
    Admant Nature

Espeon
    Calm Nature

Espeon
    Modest Nature

Quagsire
    Haze
    Yawn
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    I use this team for Legend and Shiny Hunting in the Ultra Wormhole, but I'm taking a break from it to work on my Dex.

Drapion and Quagsire are both found in the Ultra Wormhole, so if you need a quick False Swiper or a Pokémon for inflicting Sleep and you're into later part of the game, these two are Pokémon I can recommend. Get them to a much higher level than 60 ASAP. Espeon and Umbreon both have Synchronize, so they're great for getting Pokémon of a certain nature, and you can even find them in the wild.

Or if you have the patience, just focus on catching or hatching Eevee. I'm still not sure how to make use of Synchronize for getting Natures, so having multiple of these two Eons might not be the best idea. If you have wi-fi, I recommend having another Gen 7 game on standby to take advantage of the GTS just in case.

Next is a list of Pokémon I already have that I plan to use for Battle Tree and Battle Royal.

Dusk Lycanroc
    Ability: Tough Claws
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Lycanium Z
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Stealth Rock
    Thunder Fang
    Stone Edge

Terrakion
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    Sacred Sword
    Swords Dance
    Rock Slide
    Stone Edge

Moltres
    Nature: Mild
    Moves:
    Ancient Power
    Flamethrower
    Air Slash
    Heat Wave

Cresselia
    Nature: Calm
    Moves:
    Aurora Beam
    Future Sight
    Slash
    Moonlight

Tapu Bulu
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Tapunium Z
    Moves:
    Nature’s Madness
    Zen Headbutt
    Megahorn
    Skull Bash

Tapu Lele
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    Nature’s Madness
    Extrasensory
    Flatter
    Moonblast

Tapu Fini
    Nature: Calm
    Moves:
    Nature’s Madness
    Hydro Pump
    Aqua Ring
    Muddy Water

Mesprit
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    Extrasensory
    Future Sight
    Charm
    Swift

Entei
    Nature: Adamnt
    Moves:
    Stomp
    Bite
    Swagger
    Lava Plume

Stunfisk *
    Nature: Rash
    Moves:
    Muddy Water
    Thunderbolt
    Fissure
    Thunder

Hippowdon *
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Double-Edge
    Fissure

Xurkitree
    Nature: Rash
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Discharge
    Electric Terrain
    Power Whip

Now I know that you might be thinking "Nova, there are Legendaries in this list." Well that's because not all Legendaries are banned, which I'm sure most of us are aware of. Mostly just Title Legends and Mythical Pokémon, which I think is silly. You might also be thinking "You can't breed legends anyway, so what's the point?" but that became irrelevant thanks to Hyper Training. Of course you probably knew that too.

When I run into any of these non-banned Legends, I prioritize getting the best possible Nature or at least a decent one. Thundurous didn't make the list, but that's only because I haven't looked into getting its Thereian Form. Tapu Koko is also absent as I have yet to catch it. This is because I'm not sure which Nature I should attempt to get.

Its best stats are Attack and Speed, but I seem to remember it learning mostly Special Attacks. Another thing to note is that a certain pair of legends that are also absent from this list are also absent from the ban list, and they Mega Evolve. I'm talking the Latis. Go get the one that matches your game from the Ultra Wormhole, then go Mantine Surfing until you can afford the Mega Stone for your Lati.

But I'm getting a little off track. While Navigating the Ultra Wormhole, try for a Xurkitree as well. They are crazy OP for a Pokémon that Battle Tree and Battle Royal don't banlist. Another thing to note while training up your Pokes for those facilities. EVs can be lowered with berries that make Pokémon friendly.

There are also items that increase your EVs. There are Festival Plaza Facilities that can do the same thing. Using this and Hyper Training, it can be very easy to prepare for Battle Tree. My recommended lineup for Multi-battle in Battle Tree? A Z Move user and a Mega. Or at least, that's who I'm bringing for my first attempt in UM.

From what I've seen, Dusk Form Lycanroc is also pretty good. I got mine from a trade as a Rockruff as I missed the event. Of course, I'm going to have to recommend breeding one, even if evolving can be a pain. This can provide good moves, like Thunder Fang, which is Super Effective against Water Types, one of its weaknesses. It's also got the Ability Tough Claws.

If you find this helpful, or have something to help me out, feel free to speak up!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings and Moonstruck-Mist like this.