1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

"My proud Pokétch shines in a pink light."

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Starry Windy, Nov 3, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I'm sure everyone who played Diamond, Pearl and Platinum know this little watch called Pokémon Watch, or Pokétch for short, which can be used to utilize some tasks, like tossing some virtual coins, checking the friendship, analyzing the Type matches, checking info in Daycare and so on.

How's your experience when using it? Do you have any favorite app there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I think it was great being able to check on stuff whenever you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I thought it was really convenient and fun. I let me check so many stats and things such as whether or not an egg had been found in the daycare, if my Pokémon had full happiness, the accurate dosing machine with coordinates of where the item was. There are so many useful things on the app, and really made it easier to get things done. Personally, my favorite app was the Friendship checker. I really liked how the Pokémon move around on the screen and the big hearts that would form when I touched the Pokémon. It was absolutely fantastic!

4. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I just plain liked how you could change the colors to whatever fits your mood. What I really liked though was the type matchup app because back when I was learning types that was VERY useful.

5. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Yeah, this was pretty much how I developed the rest of my type matchup knowledge. Because my first gen was gen IV, this was an excellent way for me to get familiar with the type matchups fast.

I love the Pokétch! I mean, it can do stuff that can't be done in ORAS anymore, and I thought having a watch that could do so much awesome things was really cool! I especially loved the dowsing machine and the map page, those were on almost all the time. (secretly, Apple stole the idea of smartwatches from Pokémon, lol)

6. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The Poketch. Man, what an innovation! I made it my personal goal to collect all the apps for it, searching far and wide over Sinnoh for them. My favourite apps were the HP Bars, as it was kinda like the Pokémon menu on the bottom screen which is super-useful, the Friendship Checker, since I could track my Riolu's progress into becoming a Lucario, and the Type-Match up system.
    Gen VI was my first Gen (that I owned; I loaned an Emerald from my cousin), and I'm psyched about a possible remake, and the new Poketch that'll come with it!

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I really liked the Poketch, especially in how it blazed the trail for new usage of the touchscreen in DS-like systems (although I like HGSS's execution better, having an entire menu down there rather than just a single tool).

My favorite app by far was the breeding checker: instantaneous updates anywhere in the world to let you know if your two daycare Pokémon laid an egg yet. Useful stuff.

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I used it a ton back in the day for friendship evolutions. I wasn't 100% sure how they worked back then so being able to track friendship was very useful.

9. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I remember how I used Pokétch to know what time is it via Digital Clock, just like in real life, and it's still pretty good even though for mundane stuffs. Besides of that, I like to check about my Pokémon's friendship at the same time.

10. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    The Poketch was a very useful system indeed. I mainly used the berry feature since my sister and I planted berries everywhere across the Sinnoh region and we had to know where they were. Oh good times, before she lost her Pearl version. It was a fun and interactive system too, and I enjoyed playing around with the features.

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I loved the poketch! It was such a useful feature! I think my favorite app was the dowsing machine or the friendship checker. The dowsing machine's grid was way more useful than any previous generations and the friendship checker was so cute! I mean hearts galore!

12. faceless

faceless Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I kinda thought it was useless. I had the one where it shows your party's health on all the time, because at least I could see something,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.