1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio My WANtfolio

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Momobana, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hello!
    I'm new here, and just want to share my drawings in other places than DeviantArt and my facebook (this one is only for contacts).

I know there are other sites to do this, but I never tried until now. And wanted to start here because It's been a while that someone from here invited me to participate in this forum via DA, and finally I decide to join.

I like to draw my Pokémon. They all have names, personalities, likes, deslikes and their own lore. Although, all details are still under development... Little by little, I want to show them to the world. They are a start point to develop, one day, my own original content.

Well... I hope doing nothing wrong.... I'm not very familiar with forums.... Hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]
    My first great piece. Illustrating my team in the Eevee Friendly Online Competition (2014). My first (disastrous) try in competitive too. This is mere illustrative though. Since the individuals I really used in game was just "avatars" of the characters show in the drawing. But it's valid for me. ^^

[​IMG]
    This one was a request from a friend. So I'm just have the scanned version now. I liked this one.

[​IMG]
    Did it near after when announced Sun and Moon. The Espeon is the same on the other drawing, and the Umbreon, is her twin brother. ^^

[​IMG]
    This one is relatively recent. Painted with copic markers and colored pencils. Both are the same Pokémon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And this other two was done for this year's Valentine's Day. Painted with copics too.

Well.... This all are some of my better drawings. I will show more later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    AMAZING ART!! Create a thread in the Porfolio section for your art! You can also create a shop in the Market! Welcome to the Lake!
    The admins will show you around! See you around the Lake!

Eee Hee Hee1 See you later!
    Warps out

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Momobana likes this.
  3. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Nice! Your art is certainly something else~

Momobana likes this.
  4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Oh gosh your art style is to die for!! <33
    I'm so excited to see more of your work!!

Momobana likes this.
  5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    OMG, this is bloody amazing! Your work is so detailed and I love your art style! Keep it up!

Momobana likes this.
  6. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    You have really great art here, they're so adorable! I love the Espeon and Umbreon picture, and I also love the ones you did with copics! Keep up the great work! :D

Momobana likes this.
  7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    You do an excellent job capturing the motion of moves, and bringing out the hidden cuteness. I love the Granbull forthis especially. It's probably the first time I've seen an adorable one.

Momobana likes this.
  8. Derahex

PokéPoints:
    ₽108.3
    Art goals

[​IMG]

Momobana likes this.
  9. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★

It's an honor that you liked it! ^u^
    Because I'm one of your watchers in DA. XD

10. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I.... have to post more right here..... right? No creating another section, right?

[​IMG]
    This was the first piece that I was comissioned for. By my therapist. But only the shiny, red, blue and green ones. The others (regular, pink and orange ones) I done just for fun.

Since this piece is too lengthy, I will let just it in this post.
    And I'm very thankful for all the appreciation!!! ^^
    My production level is too slow, but I'll try to update always as possible.
    *All I already posted is already done XD

11. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    I'm curious to know if there is more meaning behind the other colors of drifloon here?

Momobana likes this.
  12. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★

And there is! ^^
    In psychology the colors red, yellow, green and blue represent four types of personalities. And I tried to illustrate them in their respective colors:
    -Red is for Action, Impulse, Passion, Warm-Blooded, Leadership, Strength, Aggressivity, the Warrior stereotype.
    -Yellow is for Energy, Vigor, Vitality, Sociability, Extroversion, that one who likes to be with others.
    -Green is for Serenity, Calm, Kindness, The Good Samaritan, that one who likes to help, that one who thinks about others more than oneself, the really good guy, the Healer stereotype.
    -Blue is for Calm, Tranquility, Wisdom, Introversion, Rationalism, Perfectionism, that one who thinks before act, the Mage stereotype.

The other three colors I did in this same theme, to try show some type of personality. Except for purple, since it is the regular Drifloon color, I just put on it an neutral aspect.
    But this three colors I just did for fun. XD My therapist just ask me for red, yellow, green and blue.

About the choices of the color combinations, this was just an experiment I did for myself, trying to imagine how it would be if there are other colors of Drifloons. It was just a coincidence that just after I did all combinations possible with this seven colors (including the original ones), my therapist came to me with this project, to help him for a lecture and me in my treatment.
    He knows I like to draw Pokémon and he needed well-know characters to this job. I suggested some ones until I remembered the Drifloons I did. They were perfect!

I chose the original combinations (regular and shiny) and the best ones of all other tests.

13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    That's really cool. It's also pretty neat that you could use art to help illustrate (ha, pun) the different personalities

Momobana likes this.
  14. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Ahhh those drifloon are so cute! Your art style is gorgeous :3

Momobana likes this.
  15. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    HHH! I love those drifloon and I love that you're therapist commissioned them! <33

Momobana likes this.
  16. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★

Thank you! >u<
    Yeah! He commissioned them to give me a push! XP

17. Momobana

Momobana Youngster

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Fresh piece! This one I finished today!

[​IMG]
    Japanese, from top to bottom, left to right:
    "Me"
    "I can"
    A reference to the Mimikkyu song lyrics, but instead of "I'm Mimikkyu", he is singing "I'm Shikkyu", his name.
    and "Eat"

He finish his sentences with "kkyu"! X3

AeroHail and SnowboundBecca like this.
  18. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    The Mimikyu and Drifloons are amazing! Love em!

Momobana likes this.
  19. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I just love the Sun and Moon one. Nice job!

Momobana likes this.
  20. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    You're art is just fantastic! The Mimikyu are especially adorable~ *_*

Keep up the amazing work!

Momobana likes this.