1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Mystery Moon Run

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Jeydis, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The adventure begins! Thanks to everyone who voted on my typing poll earlier and decided on this mystical grouping of types.

I ended up going with Pokémon Moon since it fit the theme better plus the exclusives fit this run as well.

So on we go!

After a lengthy tutorial section (that is the worse bit of doing runs like this in Moon). I set up my adorable Natu starter and got my first catch off of route 1! Xeira is named after a character from a story of mine and King is named after the Rat King (The image linked can be a bit gross, just a head's up).

Oh and Xeira has sucker punch since she is from an old breeding project of mine, don't think it will be too overpowered considering Natu's attack stat.

[​IMG]

Ended up taking more time on this template than expected so not as much time to play today but I will update probably every couple of days or so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Mandriel and SnowboundBecca like this.
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Oh man, this is already looking great! And this is just the template! XD

Good luck to you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Good luck on this challenge! Nuzlockes alone are pretty darn difficult, and adding in limitations to what kinds of Pokémon you can train makes it even harder....

4. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Thanks for the comments, glad the template is liked!

Indeed it does but I find myself liking these runs better since I get to play to a role so to speak. The nicknames are usually themed and I try to play around with some rules to fit the character. Not as much with this one since Moon is pretty rough as it is but for my first themed run as a Gardener (Grass, Bug, Ground) had me using berries and the natural remedies over potions in addition to all the capture rules and such which was fun to plan out.

Today was a busy day of travel so perfect for some Pokémon playing while on the bus. Lots of new friends joined up and I sadly got my first loss at the hands of Ilima and his Smeargle. It came out swinging with a critting tackle that my dear King could not take. Rest in peace and dream of cheese little one :(

Here is the updated sheet with my latest captures. I took off the characteristics as they take up a decent amount of real estate. Let me know if you are curious about any of their stats or anything I would be glad to discuss ^_^

[​IMG]
    Within a few exceptions I will be naming my new buddies after anything Cryptid or Fable like since I think that suits this run quite well.

- Ecto has been amazing so far, such a great tank in a team of glass canons like this. He is named quite obviously after ectoplasm the goopy leftovers that ghosts leave behind.
    - Izzy is named after my cat who is a grey lady cat that is very mischeivous and gets hyper in the evenings which I find so suitable for Meowths, especially Alolan ones.
    - Banshee is named after the infamous spirits from Ireland folklore.
    - Devi is named after a favorite character of mine in the Kingkiller Chronicle.

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Good luck, I like the template! :O

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This is such a neat run and I am loving the template image you made, it looks super cool!

7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Bit of a roller coaster in the last couple of days. Got through my first trial! Set up Poison Gas on both the totem and assisting Raticate with Ecto and wore them down with his tankability. Worked through all the trainers around the routes and caught myself a full team! Worked my way back to Iki Town for our showdown with the Kahuna!

It was rougher than I expected considering the type advantage I thought I had. Pursuit has been such a pain so far... I forgot the Crabrawler runs it as well, I got past the raging Mankey just to lose Xeira to that stupid Crabrawler. Devi swept the rest of his team with her newfound speed after evolving.

After that ordeal I finished up the rest of the island and got myself a Tauros to ride and went back to pick up all the stuff behind rocks I needed the Tauros to smash through. While I was going through Ten Carat Hill I found my latest addition to the team, a Carbink. Not just any Carbink but a shiny one!

I squeaked loudly enough to get some eyebrow raises from the people around me in the subway. You see, Carbink is my favorite fairy type and one of my favorite Pokémon of all time. I have always wanted a shiny one. And now one just popped out of the brush, I was not even expecting a Carbink as I have not been around Ten Carat very often.

So here is the team currently!

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add where the nicknames came from.

- Rook is named after my Tales of Tabira character.
    - Willo is short of Will-o-the-wisp a popular spirit in English Folklore

#7 Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    OMG, Congrats on Rook! RIP to your starter, that has to sting.. :o

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Congrats on the shiny!!! Also, too bad about the starter, but at least your team is still holding strong.

10. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Oh man I have not updated in ages. Sorry about that guys, I have been running around a lot in the last few days, little time to sit and write updates. Here goes!

Lots of things happened over the last few weeks, sadly a lot of them bad :(.

[​IMG]

+ Picked up the cute little Morelull just in time for the water trial. Took some time to level it a bunch and get it evolved before taking on the infamous totem Wishiwashi. I took no chances there and got him to lvl 25 before starting that. So less cute now but fits quite well with the Conspiracy Theory/Folklore loving persona I am starting to attach to my character this run. His nickname is taken from the Lorwyn novel series for Magic the Gathering card came.
    + Finished the Water trial with little trouble thanks to Endry.
    + Finished the Fire trial by the skin of my teeth.
    + Rounded out some of the coverage I was missing with some nice TMs for Devi and Willo

- Lost Ecto to Gladion's Null, I was hovering around half health but he tackle crit with that nice attack power of his and Ecto could not hold on. RIP best flubber.
    - Little Izzy fell while training around Brooklet Hill. I ran out of potions and made my way back to the Pokémon center but in the last patch of grass I got a really freakin' persistant lvl.17 Lillipup. Two failed attempt to escape and a couple of Take downs were enough to finish her up. The irony of my Meowth getting taken out by a puppy is not lost on me *grumbles*
    - Made my way towards Wela and met with an Igglybuff on route 6, almost took her out forgetting that the line was given the fairy typing. Sadly the little one did not last and she died during training in Wela park
    - Another victim of Wela park was Mafui'e (named after the Samoan god of Earthquakes) a cubone that I was realllllly looking forward to raising as I love Alolan Marowaks. Sadly it was not to be, she was taken out by the speed demon of a Kadabra the Ace trainer has in that area.
    - Last but not least I lost my lovely jewel of a shiny to the Totem Salazzle and her damnable Salandit henchmen. Rook did all the heavy lifting and even took out the Salazzle herself but a crit Venoshock combined with toxic damage was too much. Ran out of healing again here since I forgot that you get no breaks when you enter the totem den.

I learned my lesson though and am slowing down to grind a bit more as I feel like I rushed through the last couple of trials and got the losses for my trouble.

Mandriel likes this.
  11. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Oh man I have been binge playing a bit too much without posting. Let's catch you guys up to my struggle.

With the Fire trial done I went through the island to grind and clean up what I might of missed the first time around I also flew myself back to Kala'e bay and got myself a Slowpoke. I then headed back to Akala and worked on leveling Banshee and Willo for the upcoming grass Trial. I got Willo of level to evolve as well. Got everyone to about 28-29 and got going on Mallow's trial.

Willo dispatched of the Fomantis during the trial with no issues, draining kiss keeping him topped off without using my precious potions. The trial proper was another matter. The Lurantis is a pain enough on it's own but the problem I had was getting through the Trumbeak since Will could not survive a solid Pluck hit. Devi was out as well since Lurantis rocks X-Scissor with a pretty good attack stat to back it up. So it was up to Banshee to dispose of the problematic bird and that she did, sadly at the cost of her live. The confusion she inflicted on both of them helped quite a bit and brought down that pest of a bird and softened up the Lurantis. Willo dropped in and finished off the false insect with a few Acrobatics hit. Meanwhile it did summon a little gremlin in the form of Castform. I did not expect much from it and took the chance to potion Willo up while it set up sunny day. Now I knew it was going to toss up a Weather orb (I have not forgotten that trick from my Gen 4 runs, thanks for the harsh lesson Roserade) what I did not expect was the sheer power of the thing. I figured Willo would take a solid hit but be able to take it down easily enough, I was wrong. Willo was one shot by the fiery ball of death. I cleaned up the Castform with Devi but I was pretty mad about the loss, especially since it was from my own arrogance.

With those bitter loses on my mind I finished the trial and healed what was left of my team up. I then went back into the Lush Jungle which now had Pokémon to capture. Both the Pokémon that fit my type requirements were pretty low appearance rate so I stayed there for some time getting some levels for Devi. In the end I met with Leis the Comfey which I really liked, even though most of her moveset is for doubles. I just find Comfey so darn cute.

I then flew myself back down to Heahea and made my way through the Diglett Tunel. Abenthy my Slowpoke made quick work of the tunnel much to my delight.

I moved on to Memorial hill for my next capture. It is kinda odd to have a playthrough where I look forward to graveyards. I was kinda hoping for a Phantump if only for some variety but I met with a Gastly that I called Sayona which is a vengeful spirit in Venezuelan lore.

That should do it for now, another update tomorrow probably!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Whipped up a quick trainer card to show the team so far without crazy detail, keeping the proper template for once I am caught up.

[​IMG]

Edit 2: I also got mixed up in my notes and didn't write the correct captures so fixing that now.

#11 Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Mandriel likes this.
  12. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Alright to pick up where we left off, the graveyard >_> I had just caught myself a cute Gastly and was in the process of getting the team up to snuff for the grand trial with Olivia.

Leveling was not without it's dangers however, while trying to get her caught up I lost Sayona the Gastly to a trainer's Hariyama (tried to dodge a force palm on a weakened Leis, took a knock off instead) Down to 4 I buckled down and got them ready for Olivia. I went through the graveyard one more time and face Plumeria, thank goodness I had Abenthy the Slowpoke with me to clear up all these pesky poison types. I healed up and proceeded to the big Kahuna herself.

Nosepass proved troublesome (damn thunderwave XP) but not too damaging, same with Boldore. Now the issue was with Lycanroc, the moon doggo has a rather high attack for this part of the game and runs bite so it limits my usage of Slowpoke. I tried to outspeed KO it with my Kadabra but the bugger survived just barely and retaliated with a Z-powered Rock Throw which decimated my poor Devi. I switched to Endry and completed the trial, annoyed that I had lost another team mate even with all my preparation (Devi was level 30 to Lycanroc's 27.)

After that ordeal I restored my team and got myself to the Hano Grand resort for some grinding and a new team member! Making my way down the starlit beach I crossed my fingers and prayed to the pokegods that I could encounter a Sandygast in place of a Staryu. I don't mind Staryu generally but my team really needed a proper ghost type that could last. My prayers were answered with the appearance of Fluke my newest friend.

Here is the team at this point:
    [​IMG]

13. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Almost caught up! I have been getting side tracked with Monster hunter stories for a bit so it is giving me time to catch up on writing instead of playing ahead all the time. Template to return soon then.
    ===================

14. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Ha I lied! I will get this run back on track soon. I ended up so absorbed into other business that I have barely touched my 3ds X_X

15. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    (Sorry about the multi posts mods)
    Continuing on:
    We meet the team back on the road, working hard on leveling up in anticipation of their first encounter with an Ultra Beast. Once ready I made my way to the hotel proper and met with that creep Faba.

The ride to Aether Paradise was lovely and thankfully the fight with Nihilego was no problem for Fluke the Sandygast. Upon getting off the ferry in Malie city I battled Hau and encountered some trouble from his ARaichu. The electric menace took down Leis, close call for Fluke but he makes it through.