1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Nov 2, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's NaNoWriMo! Or National Novel Writing Month if that's what you prefer to call it. I'm not much of a writer myself, but I know plenty of people who participate! Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this year? What's your personal goal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would like to, but due to the fact that I am writing a thesis atm, I don't think it is a good idea. I will be putting my schoolwork before a challenge like that.

Probably next year, with a story that I plot far in advance, instead of the thing I am still plotting now as well. Hopefully, by then, I can just write 50k words in the month, I don't think I can keep a chapter story to only 50k words though

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'd like to participate but I'm also extremely slow with writing anything atm so it wouldn't be realistic of me to get 50k words in a month.

4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'm doing it! This will be my fourth year, though only my second trying for 50k. I've got a significantly larger workload than I did last year, but I'm optimistic about it!

5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I don't intend to participate this year. No story ideas, no way to continue my writing on the go, no motivation, and just simply having other things to do anyway. The only way I would work on a novel this month is if I continue one of the past stories I started for NaNoWriMo one year.

6. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Man this brings back memories! I have beaten the challange 3 out of 6 times if my memory serves me correct. most of the time I did it with a handicap too.

7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never even heard of this thing before, but it sounds like just the thing I need to motivate myself to actually start writing my original story. I don't want to just put all my fanfiction on hold though...huh.

Okay, I think my goal will be 20k. Here's hoping I actually meet it, and even if I don't, at least I'll (probably) have finally started writing my story.

8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    This is the first year that I'm trying NaNoWriMo for real. I've even made a little chart with word goals and everything. I'm a little stressed since it seems like this is going to be a busy month, but I'm giving it my all. Current goal is 50,000 words, but I have a feeling the book I'm writing is longer than that. Still, it's a start and I really just need to get words down.

9. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Absolutely not, thanks to student life. I also don’t completely believe in NaNoWriMo because I prefer quality over quanitity. It seems much better to me to focus on a smaller writing goal while trying to make it as well-crafted as possible, as opposed to cranking out 50K words.